Page 1 of 29 123411 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default I would like to ask you a question. You personally not everyone else.

If you post anything at all in this topic I will do so. If you’re in the minority who I know well enough from your time here to wonder what you think about a particular basketball issue it will be about that. If you’re the majority? The nameless faceless ghouls who haunt these places largely silent from the shadows? Your question will likely be more generic. It may not even be about basketball.

If you don’t wish to participate simply do not post. I will respond with a question to every single person who does so much as post a period in this topic. I don’t care if your response is nothing more than laughing at someone else’s reply about how stupid this idea is if you reply to this topic I am going to ask you a question.

Answer or don’t. I’m asking. Too many of you are complete mysteries to me for us to all be here for years.

Some of you will later get questions even if you don’t respond. Those will be strictly basketball because I just have questions topics don’t allow me to ask without a derail.

If you’re as bored as I am right now….. bring it on.

Default Re: I would like to ask you a question. You personally not everyone else.

Warriorfan - Are you? Are you a fan of the team or a fan of Steph Curry. For the record I’m not saying it’s like…wrong. Most of my fellow Bulls fans in the 90s were Jordan fans. That’s just sports. So I’m just asking. When say…Klay…gets hot. Are you internally annoyed because hes playing well? It kinda feels that way but I’d genuinely like to know if it’s so. Do you root for the entire team to play well or is your ideal outcome of a game everyone being shit but Steph pulling it out in the end through his brilliance?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: I would like to ask you a question. You personally not everyone else.

kblaze - Did you have sex with a former female poster who used to post on ISH? I could have sworn I read it somewhere around here.

Am I supposed to ask you a question?

Dmavs - two questions…..

You can have any center in Mavs history back in their primes for 5 years at no pay to help win this team a title. Who do you take?

Also…

Are any IPA beers objectively good tasting or are their fans just looking to prove they like beer more than everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    kblaze - Did you have sex with a former female poster who used to post on ISH? I could have sworn I read it somewhere around here.
    I will answer that question with a story I will have to tell that will take too long to do it while I’m driving. Short answer….I was involved with someone who migrated here from the original ish off court lounge but was never a “real” ish poster. I was also good friends with a female ish poster who is now dead but it was not a physical thing. Got lucky at a long stoplight there but it’s still a longer story….

Your question coming up at the next red light.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    Am I supposed to ask you a question?

No. A simple “Ok.” Or “Shoot” or something will do. Or what you did. Your question is also coming.

I rule the local playground

Are you or are you not Yinka Dare?

Stopped for a minute.

1987_Lakers

You aren’t old enough to remember the 87 lakers are you? I feel like I remember you being a child of the 90s. So…who was your first favorite team and first favorite player?

I feel you’re too old to be a Lebron fan from your early years and I also feel like you aren’t a Kobe guy.

Who was your first favorite? From whom did your fanhood sprout?

Fkari - I feel like I have no idea what you think about anything despite also feeling like I see your avatar all the time. Who are you a fan of? I feel like I can only remember you not liking people while also not really identifying you as a hater of anyone in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by FilmyCogTurner View Post
    Are you or are you not Yinka Dare?

No. He is one of the few online basketball video guys who predates me. As for you….

Your choice of name suggests to me you might have an interesting take on a subject or two if I knew which one to bring up but I don’t. So….

Should I see Nope or that Brad Pitt bullet train movie first?

What is the best sauce to dip chicken tenders in?

Who is your favorite player who ever played for the Knicks?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Stopped for a minute.

1987_Lakers

You aren’t old enough to remember the 87 lakers are you? I feel like I remember you being a child of the 90s. So…who was your first favorite team and first favorite player?

I feel you’re too old to be a Lebron fan from your early years and I also feel like you aren’t a Kobe guy.

Who was your first favorite? From whom did your fanhood sprout?
    My first memory of watching basketball was when I was like 8 when the Spurs won a title in '99. My older brother was a Lakers fan so I guess I followed him. The next year I remember watching the Lakers and just how dominant Shaq was, he was by far my favorite player. To me it seemed like everytime he got the ball inside it was an automatic basket, also remember watching game 7 vs Portland that year and couldn't believe they came back and won, I was ecstatic. I actually did like Kobe too, just think he gets overrated at times by casuals. I try to be as objective as possible when I talk serious so when people see me post something negative about Kobe they think I'm not a Laker fan. I've always loved history in general. When I was a teen, like around 2004, NBA.com ran a greatest team ever tournament and the '87 Lakers ended up winning it, I did some research on that team, learned all the players and ordered some '87 Finals games on Ebay and became a fan of them, hence the username.

But I'll admit most of my Kobe bashing recently was to troll and upset Kenny. The last time he got banned because he went on a racist Jew tirade was actually caused by me because I kept posting Kobe's Finals numbers which led him to have a mental breakdown.

I rule the local playground

No. He is one of the few online basketball video guys who predates me. As for you….

Your choice of name suggests to me you might have an interesting take on a subject or two if I knew which one to bring up but I don’t. So….

Should I see Nope or that Brad Pitt bullet train movie first?

What is the best sauce to dip chicken tenders in?

Who is your favorite player who ever played for the Knicks?
    Bullet Train, better theatre experience

BBQ sauce, it's the most consistent

Bernard King

Good thread and appreciate the mixes back in the day

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Warriorfan - Are you? Are you a fan of the team or a fan of Steph Curry. For the record I’m not saying it’s like…wrong. Most of my fellow Bulls fans in the 90s were Jordan fans. That’s just sports. So I’m just asking. When say…Klay…gets hot. Are you internally annoyed because hes playing well? It kinda feels that way but I’d genuinely like to know if it’s so. Do you root for the entire team to play well or is your ideal outcome of a game everyone being shit but Steph pulling it out in the end through his brilliance?
    I’m both obviously, like any Warriors fan. Steph pulled us out of the dark ages. He’s the real deal.

As for the upset if someone other than Curry is going off? That’s pretty absurd. Im a sports fan and I just want to see my teams win. It’s pretty simple and kind of silly when you think about it but that’s all it is really.

Rooting for star’s teammates to do poor is pretty insane, to be honest I don’t think I’ve ever even heard of anything like that before the trolling around here. That is pretty out there.

I have bugged some friends of mine being critical of Klay, Draymond, and some other guys at times when they have disappeared in big games or been slumping in general. While I’m a fan and give our guys the benefit of the doubt in most situations I still keep it real. Just because I like a player or they are on the team doesn’t mean I’m going to be intellectually dishonest about things. It’s not a bad thing as a fan to be critical at times while giving credit when it’s due.

My first memory of watching basketball was when I was like 8 when the Spurs won a title in '99. My older brother was a Lakers fan so I guess I followed him. The next year I remember watching the Lakers and just how dominant Shaq was, he was by far my favorite player. To me it seemed like everytime he got the ball inside it was an automatic basket, also remember watching game 7 vs Portland that year and couldn't believe they came back and won, I was ecstatic. I actually did like Kobe too, just think he gets overrated at times by casuals. I try to be as objective as possible when I talk serious so when people see me post something negative about Kobe they think I'm not a Laker fan. I've always loved history in general. When I was a teen, like around 2004, NBA.com ran a greatest team ever tournament and the '87 Lakers ended up winning it, I did some research on that team, learned all the players and ordered some '87 Finals games on Ebay and became a fan of them, hence the username.

But I'll admit most of my Kobe bashing recently was to troll and upset Kenny. The last time he got banned because he went on a racist Jew tirade was actually caused by me because I kept posting Kobe's Finals numbers which led him to have a mental breakdown.

So you actually are a laker fan. I really didn’t know but for whatever reason I always used to mix you up with Imkobe so I was just all thrown off. I do get trolling some of the weirdo obsessed types we have here but I think I’ve cooled on that for reasons related to your first question.

The good female friend I had here? She was a pistons fan named Ashley who got trolled hard. Partially her own doing. She started by posting pics of some cute female piston fan from Detroit she claimed to be but after years on my companion ish board where everyone kinda got to know each other she admitted to faking her life and being an overweight North Carolinian girl. I’m not breaking any confidences. This was widely known I at the time. She was very open about it and her desire to get in shape and all that. And she did. She got to where she could run marathons and shit. Total turnaround. On the outside at least. But internally she was always depressed and took everything personal. Even online shit.

She would call me upset about shit in life and online. She’s getting legit cyber bullied here and other places. She may or may not have been a victim of date rape by some Michigan State basketball players. She told me about it but I never say the names because it’s a ****ed it rumor to spread with a source who was known to lie before. She had family issues, lifetime weight problems, a handicapped brother she took care of…just…a lot.

And she was open about it online and got ripped for it.

I myself stopped answering when she’d call. I don’t blame myself for her suicide of course but it did help me see posters as real humans. It’s one reason I eventually stopped ****ing with Stalker and tried to see the human in him. He talked about getting banned once and how it’s wrong for people who have no outlet in life to lose their online outlets and it actually got to me.

I wasn’t even the one who banned him but it was one of those things….it made me think of her. Even trolls and weird posters are real people and some of the super obsessed ones have to have real problems too.

I had another poster here tell me on an Xbox live chat he thought I was a bit of a bully to some people and it got to me too. I’m from a time of just snapping on people. My friends and I do it. You might think we hate each other but those are my brothers. But you do it on here people take it serious at times and I almost never want them to.

It’s all jokes till one side takes it serious. I’d legit buy 3ball a beer and hang if we happened to be in the same area. He’s probably just a regular guy just acting weird online for whatever reason.

I just think back to her situation at times when dealing with people who get laughed at on here. They are actual humans. I try to see them that way. But the really dig in ones just don’t have it in them to act normal even when pressed. I’m getting better at ignoring them.