Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Default Re: I would like to ask you a question. You personally not everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    You mentioned once that you started lifting during the pandemic. Maybe that you started back. Not sure. Did you stick with it?

What you benching these days? Assuming you even do old school shit like that. Half the people I see in gyms now are doing more modern core strength and flexibility things than maxing out like we used to.

Im soft as hell relative to my prime
    but I still seem stronger than most I see in the gym. Probably because of it those differences in style.
    Honestly I made ok progress the first 6 months or so during the pandemic but after that suffered from ****-around-itis

Was skipping days, sometimes weeks, months at a time, not sticking to a strict diet, not putting in maximum effort or following a program, etc.

I started a 5/3/1 program this summer and it’s been great. Hit a 225 bench, 315 squat, and 405 deadlift. Not really impressive numbers overall but for someone who weighed 135 at 5’11” coming out of college and absolutely none of that weight being muscle, I’m pretty proud.

Default Re: I would like to ask you a question. You personally not everyone else.

Fkari - I feel like I have no idea what you think about anything despite also feeling like I see your avatar all the time. Who are you a fan of? I feel like I can only remember you not liking people while also not really identifying you as a hater of anyone in particular.
    I definitely don't hate any player. Not really a fan of any player. Though there are some players today that I find particularly fascinating because of their playstyle like Jokic, Porzingis and Curry. I was never into the whole athlete worship or sports hero culture. Ditto regarding teams and homerism. Is it really so rare for someone to like the sport above a player or team?

That being said, I don't like what the modern game has become. It's not for me. But I respect it and understand that it is played more efficiently than ever before. It's why I find myself drifting away from basketball for years now. And with no team to keep me anchored I'll probably be done with the NBA soon.

I will answer that question with a story I will have to tell that will take too long to do it while I’m driving. Short answer….I was involved with someone who migrated here from the original ish off court lounge but was never a “real” ish poster. I was also good friends with a female ish poster who is now dead but it was not a physical thing. Got lucky at a long stoplight there but it’s still a longer story….

Your question coming up at the next red light.
    was it that nash4eva chick?

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    Question for KBaldo8855

Does it bother you that your screen name is missing the extra 8 and 5?

Also, do you remember my real name?

Kind regards,

J*****
    jmoney?

Warriorfan - Are you? Are you a fan of the team or a fan of Steph Curry. For the record I’m not saying it’s like…wrong. Most of my fellow Bulls fans in the 90s were Jordan fans. That’s just sports. So I’m just asking. When say…Klay…gets hot. Are you internally annoyed because hes playing well? It kinda feels that way but I’d genuinely like to know if it’s so. Do you root for the entire team to play well or is your ideal outcome of a game everyone being shit but Steph pulling it out in the end through his brilliance?
    I was a Bulls fan BEFORE MJ, Ok I'm not that ancient haha, or maybe I am Anyways, grade school everyone is either a Celtics or Lakers fan, personally I loved Magic so I sided with the Lakers but I was always a hometown team fan so I asked my mom for a Bulls hoodie in the early 80s and I clearly remember my neighborhood friends and classmates giving me shit for it, lol. My first fave Bull was Reggie Theus but they are really fuzzy memories, also remember hearing about Artis Gilmore, but I do remember Dave Corzine, Quinten Daly and cokehead Orlando Woolridge...I realize most Bulls fans, especially those outside of Chicago, became fans because of MJ.
    Last edited by TheMan; 07-21-2022 at 01:43 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post

Her name was Pistonsfan something. Maybe Pistonsfan54 or something like that. And she had another name I don’t remember that she also used on MSU sports boards where she would get clowned a bit. She was cool with me. She didn’t talk about improving she went out and jogged till she could run marathons. Lost all the weight. Was a great swimmer. Had a kid and all….

I thought she was fine so I lost touch then saw online she was dead and her Facebook page acknowledged her suicide.

highwhey -

For someone who I see post so much I feel like I don’t know shit about you. I see pics posted and back and forths but you know how these places are. Don’t know what’s true or false and just a joke. I feel like I remember a story on you getting a hooker years ago but I don’t remember it clear enough to be sure.
    my unrelated question is this….

It’s the 2023 nba finals. Between games 3 and 4. Suns are up 2-1 on the Bucks.

If you walked out of a bar at 2am and see a scuffle in the parking lot that ends when a tall guy pulls a gun and shoots the other guy before turning and seeing a witness(a solo female) who he also shoots….

He glances your way and you see it’s Devin Booker. He sees you and your first thought is you must be next….but sirens in the distance break the silence and he runs off.

You hear about the shooting and the cops have no leads. On tv you see Steve Nash offering a 10K reward for any info on the shooter…as it turns out the solo female is the daughter of a friend of his. He’s begging Phoenix for help.

Do you turn in Booker for the reward?

If so…do you wait till after the finals?

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    Bro, why you gotta do me like that? There's a reason you NEVER see me discuss the Knicks on ISH. Why man, just why?

It was honestly one of the best sports days of my life. Knick fans were talking big shit in the 90s as you know. Seeing them get taken apart buy Timmy when I had fans telling me they’re able to knock off the Bulls? I wish I could have that quarter browned in a pan so I could deglaze it and make a nice gravy to dip my sandwich in. I wanna taste that moment again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilocon165 View Post
    Honestly I made ok progress the first 6 months or so during the pandemic but after that suffered from ****-around-itis

Was skipping days, sometimes weeks, months at a time, not sticking to a strict diet, not putting in maximum effort or following a program, etc.

I started a 5/3/1 program this summer and it’s been great. Hit a 225 bench, 315 squat, and 405 deadlift. Not really impressive numbers overall but for someone who weighed 135 at 5’11” coming out of college and absolutely none of that weight being muscle, I’m pretty proud.

Those numbers are great to start that size. I could never squat much more than that even though my leg press was great. It was a confidence issue. I never felt safe or sturdy with the bar in that position. Leg press 3 Shaqs but couldn’t squat offseason Embiid.

National High School Star

. .

How good was a peak Latrell Sprewell?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    I remember her, think she talked about also being sexually assaulted.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...hibited/page18

I'm guessing thats her in the avatar.

Facts Are Misleading

Not really. I was on one of my random month or two long absences when ish moved from ezboard to here and my original name was taken by some troll so I just altered it.

No I don’t remember your real name.

I do often wonder if you get online on Xbox because occasionally I’ll be on there and see Shaft pop up. Suns once a while back. I never see you.

As for your question….

Would you rather be given a gift card that will allow a lifetime of free pepsi products anywhere on earth(no more than 3 at a time of any single drink or product) or a visa gift card that always has exactly 6 dollars on it and can be used 2 times a day but goes inactive after 5 years?
    The ladder. That's a value of 22K roughly that can be spent on anything.

I retired my Xbox after you guys iced me out Isiah to MJ style in 2K. Took my talents to the PlayStation.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I am an open book that you would fall asleep attempting to read.

College star

It was honestly one of the best sports days of my life. Knick fans were talking big shit in the 90s as you know. Seeing them get taken apart buy Timmy when I had fans telling me they’re able to knock off the Bulls? I wish I could have that quarter browned in a pan so I could deglaze it and make a nice gravy to dip my sandwich in. I wanna taste that moment again.
    That 3rd quarter was painful. I remember looking at my father like damn we can't stop this guy. Smh.