Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default bought a camera, any pointers?

never been into photography but my therapist says i gotta get hobbies because drinking 40 beers a day isn't a healthy hobby

anyways...any pointers?

Default Re: bought a camera, any pointers?

dslr?

mirrorless?

honestly, i don't know much and you're not gonna learn it here. you're best off searching google and watching youtube videos if you have genuine interest.

you like trucks, don't you? why don't you try your hand at assembling some of those hobby models. not the snap-togethers, but the ones that require glue and really take up your time, effort, focus and patience. that'll keep your dumbass sober... and you'd probably enjoy it.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post

We know this isn't highwey because the copter would be leaning hard to the left

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chick Stern View Post
    name?

please take a picture with your phone of your camera

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Start with a fixed lens. You're going to get better pictures with it as a beginner. Most people with a zoom lens are going to think hey thats cool and just snap a shot. A fixed lens is going to force you to move and look for the best angles and position.
    The other advice is start out with cheap gear. I'd recommend buying used. Don't worry about megapixels or manufacturer. Don't spend extra for stuff for stuff like video capability. It is like buying an instrument... the beginner just needs basic equipment to get in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    Start with a fixed lens. You're going to get better pictures with it as a beginner. Most people with a zoom lens are going to think hey thats cool and just snap a shot. A fixed lens is going to force you to move and look for the best angles and position.
    The other advice is start out with cheap gear. I'd recommend buying used. Don't worry about megapixels or manufacturer. Don't spend extra for stuff for stuff like video capability. It is like buying an instrument... the beginner just needs basic equipment to get in the game.
    great advice, but you're too late. op has already lost interest and sold the camera for booze $.

Death to Liberalism Patrick Chewing's Avatar

There's no way 40 beers a day is a real thing is it?? Please tell me it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    great advice, but you're too late. op has already lost interest and sold the camera for booze $.
    that's cold bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    There's no way 40 beers a day is a real thing is it?? Please tell me it isn't.
    at one point yeah. then it just became easier to drink liqour. but i was probably drinking the equivalent of 40 drinks a day when you factor in the liqour and beer a day. basically as soon as i woke i'd start drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    thanks for the advice, i bought a zoom lens but i always keep it at 24mm. really trying to get used to night shots because i am going to alaska to see some auroras(hopefully the night allows for it)>

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    that's cold bro.
    it's on you to change, bro.

<3