Thread: KAJ vs LBJ

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default KAJ vs LBJ

So to put things in perspective. KAJ has a career-scoring lead of 1325 pts over LBJ. However, KAJ started playing in the nba at age 22 vs age 18 for LBJ. So if LBJ had started playing at age 22 As KAJ did, he would be 9804 points behind him. Just shows how dominant KAJ really was. I don't think there is any way that Lebron scores 9804 more points in his career.

Default Re: KAJ vs LBJ

KAJ playoff runs aren't that spectacular or as dominant as Jordans and LeBrons.

LeBron starting his career at 22 is an impossibility. He was way too dominant at even 18 to be held back. LeBron is not like Jordan who was crap at 18 and needed 3 years of college to develop.

So this scenario never exists. Bron already ahead of Kareem.

National High School Star

KAJ also didn't play against the best players in the league for half of his career because of the ABA.

KAJ played with #2 and #1 best PG's of All-time in Magic and Oscar both of which are top fifteen, Lebron's best teammate was Dwayne Wade who is top 40(and an old Shaq).

KAJ won MVP's based on player votes not media votes which have causes dubious results in the last 20 years

Decent college freshman RogueBorg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    KAJ also didn't play against the best players in the league for half of his career because of the ABA.
    LOLing at thinking half his career

But Kareem, did what he did as did Lebron. I think high school Kareem could have done ok in the NBA. This guy dominated every level of basketball for around 30 years, that's his goat case trump card for me. Lebron being good enough to step into the NBA at 18 and standout is one of his.

Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    But Kareem, did what he did as did Lebron. I think high school Kareem could have done ok in the NBA. This guy dominated every level of basketball for around 30 years, that's his goat case trump card for me. Lebron being good enough to step into the NBA at 18 and standout is one of his.
    Kareem and Lebron were equally impressive in high school. 2 of the best HS players of all time. It's their one big advantage over Jordan, and Kareem's college career is was obviously better than Jordan or anyone else for that matter. He's easily the GOAT NCAA player.

GOAT basketball player is Kareem hands down

GOAT NBA player has arguments for 3 players but Jordan is the pretty clear favorite with most people's criteria

Quote Originally Posted by RogueBorg View Post
    LOLing at thinking half his career
    He was 29 when they merged right?

From 69/70-75/76
    - 16,486 pts (42%)
    - 8,544 TRB (48%)
    - 2,035 Asts (36%)

The majority of his production was against half a league

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by theballerFKA Ace View Post
    Kareem and Lebron were equally impressive in high school. 2 of the best HS players of all time. It's their one big advantage over Jordan, and Kareem's college career is was obviously better than Jordan or anyone else for that matter. He's easily the GOAT NCAA player.

GOAT basketball player is Kareem hands down

GOAT NBA player has arguments for 3 players but Jordan is the pretty clear favorite with most people's criteria
    Agree with Kareem as GOAT Basketball player. Think there are more than 3 for GOAT NBA players. Wilt KAJ, Russell, Jordan, LBJ, Magic and Bird are all in the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by colts19 View Post
    Agree with Kareem as GOAT Basketball player. Think there are more than 3 for GOAT NBA players. Wilt KAJ, Russell, Jordan, LBJ, Magic and Bird are all in the conversation.
    Yeah that's more a reasonable point..I got Kareem at #5 but people can rank him where-ever they want and I don't have issues with it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Kareem is just simply on a different level above.

Both better than Steph, no doubt.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by colts19 View Post
    So to put things in perspective. KAJ has a career-scoring lead of 1325 pts over LBJ. However, KAJ started playing in the nba at age 22 vs age 18 for LBJ. So if LBJ had started playing at age 22 As KAJ did, he would be 9804 points behind him. Just shows how dominant KAJ really was. I don't think there is any way that Lebron scores 9804 more points in his career.
    Also they didn't start playing 4 rounds until 1985.

Banned

Bronies aren't going to like this thread.

I have KAJ at #4. Bronie is around #9. So KAJ by a mile.