Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Are democrats or republicans more harmful to the country?

Discuss

Default Re: Are democrats or republicans more harmful to the country?

You tell me.

Nearly uniform Republican opposition in the Senate on Sunday stripped a proposed cap on insulin prices in private insurance from Democrats' party-line climate, health and tax bill.

Democrats had sought to overrule a decision from the Senate rules official, the parliamentarian, that a $35-per-month limit on insulin costs under private insurances did not comply with the budget reconciliation process, which allowed Democrats to pass their bill with a bare majority.

The cap, which was proposed by Sen. Raphael Warnock, D-Ga., needed 60 votes to pass and remain in the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA). It ultimately failed by a 57-43 vote.
    All 43 votes were Republicans. Insulin costs $10 to make, yet these clowns opposed the $35 cap. Corporations have been making a killing off insulin.

Republicans easily although Democrats are still quite bad.

pick your poison.

one in the same.

peas of the same pod.

senate democrats & republicans answer to and serve the same big $ interests. everything you see is theatre. it's all a facade. dems aren't as big gov as you're led to believe and vice versa in regard to republicans. social issues are a different story, but i don't even consider that to be politics.

...but as long as the idiots of this country keep jumping at the throats of one another over the manipulative ways of politicians & media (which obviously work hand in hand), the longer the gravy train will continue to run.

Decent college freshman theman93's Avatar

Left wing or right wing, it's all part of the same bird. And that bird is corrupt. The end.

Death to Liberalism Patrick Chewing's Avatar

It's no secret that Democrats want a new country with a new Constitution. There's a reason why they promote "The Great Reset". So the answer to the question is clearly Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    It's no secret that Democrats want a new country with a new Constitution. There's a reason why they promote "The Great Reset". So the answer to the question is clearly Democrats.
    Really surprised you chose Democrats tbh.

Local High School Star Off the Court's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Really surprised you chose Democrats tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post

Call me crazy.... maybe I'm wrong here...

But didn't the Seattle Liberal of 20 years ago strongly oppose Globalism?

Isn't that half the reason why they were protesting in 1999?

^ Is that a White Nationalist protesting? Or a liberal that opposes Globalism?

Central to the whole event, of course, were the issues of trade and globalization. Twenty years later, these issues play a leading role in national and geopolitical affairs, in ways that don’t break down neatly along traditional party lines and don’t seem to have a clear trajectory going forward.

Which side does Child ****ers belong to?

Well currently we have a Democrat in office and the country is not doing very well.

But like most posters in here have been wise enough to note- dems vs Republicans is just 2 different arms of the same puppet. Both groups are doing our country a disservice. It’s mostly the extremists on both sides that give the rest a bad rep.

both (they are all corrupt fvckers)

Death to Liberalism Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    both (they are all corrupt fvckers)
    Weird how you only talk about Trump and Republicans though. I mean, that's really weird. Strange even.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Diamenz’s stance is pretty much my stance. I don’t get caught up in the my team good/your team bad state of current politics. At the end of the day, the politicians just need to keep the ones on their side mad at the ones on the other side. While people are jumping down each other’s throats, the politicians just keep cashing those lobbyist/special interest checks and set themselves up for when they go to the private sector. It’s a great gig if you can get it, not that much different than being a “pastor” to one of those huge churches or being a diet “guru”. People are going to eat your shit up and you will make a lot of money.

The social stuff, as you mentioned, isn’t really politics to me but again it’s a great tool to “rally the troops” and “energize the base”.

Decent playground baller

Democrats need to stop picking fights with so-called "authoritarian" countries and try to coexist with countries with different forms of government. This false narrative of conflict between democracy and authoritarianism is irrelevant in the 21st century, but Dems keep pushing it.