Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Durant tells Nets Owner: "Trade me or fire Sean Marks & Steve Nash"

https://theathletic.com/3485297/2022...de-steve-nash/

In a face-to-face meeting with Brooklyn Nets owner Joe Tsai over the weekend, All-NBA star Kevin Durant reiterated his trade request and informed Tsai that he needs to choose between Durant or the pairing of general manager Sean Marks and coach Steve Nash, sources tell The Athletic.

Durant stated he does not have faith in the team’s direction, sources said.

Default Re: Durant tells Nets Owner: "Trade me or fire Sean Marks & Steve Nash"

Brilliant way to encourage other coaches/GM's to stick their neck out and trade for you

Good.

Get that Nets owner to give us Kyrie already.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Brilliant way to encourage other coaches/GM's to stick their neck out and trade for you.
    More so to force Tsai to take a damn offer already that's on the table.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Well now I have a Twitter screenshot I can’t use.

Far as the content…yes. Sounds like something KD would say. Say and then bash the media for reporting it but…say.

The nets insider reporter told everyone two years ago he and Kyrie pretty much ran the team and I guess we will see how true it is.

If I’m them im ready to just have some young hard playing guys to rebuild around but…having traded all their picks?

I don’t know. Get a combo of youth and picks for KD and a few high character vets for Kyrie to help the team be decent enough your picks don’t land too high and make you look like an idiot. I’d tread water with youth before a full rebuild that cost me a few top 3 picks.

The picks they have away are unprotected right?

Thats rough. Nobody wants to be the clippers who traded what ended up the number one pick(Kyrie) for old Baron Davis.

lmao, fuuuuuuuuuuuuck this guy. If Brad Stevens trades for this idiot, I'm out. I'll watch literally anything but the Celtics. They canned Kenny Atkinson because Durant said so, and now he wants Nash out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Well now I have a Twitter screenshot I can’t use.

Far as the content…yes. Sounds like something KD would say. Say and then bash the media for reporting it but…say.

The nets insider reporter told everyone two years ago he and Kyrie pretty much ran the team and I guess we will see how true it is.

If I’m them into ready to just have some young hard playing guys to rebuild around but…having traded all their picks?

I don’t know. Get a combo of youth and picks for KD and a few high character vets for Kyrie to help the team be decent enough your picks don’t land too high and make you look like an idiot. I’d tread water with youth before a full rebuild that cost me a few top 3 picks.

The picks they have away are unprotected right?

Thats rough. Nobody wants to be the clippers who traded what ended up the number one pick(Kyrie) for old Baron Davis.
    The owners are going to butt **** the players in the next CBA over max players demanding trades.

Ownership is screwed when players do this.

No team wants to give up every good player to get a max player. And teams with disgruntled stars dont want to start seasons eith disgruntled player.

They pretty much have to take 4 quarters when trading their "dollar".

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    More so to force Tsai to take a damn offer already that's on the table.
    I mean, if it works, good for him.

We'll see if Tsai decides to 'go woke' to appease his laborers, or demonstrate at least a tiny bit of testicles and really send Irving and Durant into a huff.

Brilliant way to encourage other coaches/GM's to stick their neck out and trade for you

Yea it’s really just an idiotic thing to say out loud. Don’t be a coach/gm killer where people can see you. And these days you know these insiders hear everything. Shams and Woj hiding in the shadows like Littlefinger and Varys listening to all your conversations plotting shit

You can’t even speak out loud. It’s gonna be on Twitter.

I mean, if it works, good for him.

We'll see if Tsai decides to 'go woke' to appease his laborers, or demonstrate a tiny bit of testicles and really send Irving and Durant into a huff.
    He has no choice but the trade durant business wise.

The last time he let Durant make all the decisions he ended up in this situation. Durant came to the team when sean marks was the GM, Durant wanted Nash, Durant sided with Kyrie over Harden in the vaccine debacle. Durant had his hand in leading the Nets to this situation. Now Durant says its Sean Marks and Nash out or else?

You gotta cut your losses as a businessman and know when the writing is on the wall.

As immensely talented as he is, I would for real be weary of giving up a substantial haul for this guy. He's 34, injury prone, and just seems like he'd bring a toxic environment to any team he ends up with.

Unless I was able to get him for a relative bargain, which seems like is not gonna happen, I honestly don't think he's worth mortgaging your future for. Even when the Raptors traded for Kawhi on the last year of his deal, they basically only had to give up DeRozan.

The owners are going to butt **** the players in the next CBA over max players demanding trades.

Ownership is screwed when players do this.

No team wants to give up every good player to get a max player. And teams with disgruntled stars dont want to start seasons eith disgruntled player.

They pretty much have to take 4 quarters when trading their "dollar".

Nah the new cba is gonna be so much money the players have leverage to get concessions elsewhere. Barring an agreed on cap smoothing the cap is about to jump more than it did in 2016 and teams will have 90 million dollar a season max contracts without expanded rosters, expansion, and other things to lessen the impact.

Everyones about to get so much richer I don’t think either side risks a lockout.

Besides what can you actually do? Guy who already has 390 million dollars says he won’t play for you what’s your leverage? Money he doesn’t need?

Sit him and lose instead of trade him and lose…plus extra picks? How do you put a limit on something not in the cba to begin with? Limiting trades in the first _____ years of a max contract?

How will teams dump guys they themselves don’t want then? You need an ample supply of max deal guys to make it easy to trade young for prime. Past his prime or just not deserving max guy plus good young guy…salaries and talent match to bring in a prime star.

Teams can only do so much and not **** themselves over. From what I read the owners are more upset about golden state just paying whatever to keep their talent. The luxury tax not being severe enough is probably a bigger issue than trade demands.

Funny thing is all the people involved in this fiasco - ownership, management, players - they all deserve each other and deserve to hold fat L’s.

So you love to see this kind of full-scale implosion.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore RachlNicholsazz's Avatar

He has no choice but the trade durant business wise.

The last time he let Durant make all the decisions he ended up in this situation. Durant came to the team when sean marks was the GM, Durant wanted Nash, Durant sided with Kyrie over Harden in the vaccine debacle. Durant had his hand in leading the Nets to this situation. Now Durant says its Sean Marks and Nash out or else?

You gotta cut your losses as a businessman and know when the writing is on the wall.
    He's so valuable though. If your c0ck starts growing a cancer do you cut it off?

I rule the local playground

Its shit like this that makes supporting this league so intolerable. Nets should do a trade only if it works for them and if not tell his bitch ass he can suit up or stay home.