Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Durant tells Nets Owner: "Trade me or fire Sean Marks & Steve Nash"

Really don't want to see JB traded for this guy. Logically I understand who has more value but I don't want to see the Celtics let him take over and do whatever kind of silliness he sees for with no accountability. He wanted Nash, a coach that he basically didn't have to answer to, didn't he. And he wanted Irving with his nonsense. Who is he going to make them bring in next? Celtics should stay away from this kind of crap if possible.

Serious playground baller

Back in the OKC days I never thought KD could derail his career this hard. The media/fans truly broke him the moment he signed with the Warriors and by all accounts it was a bitch move.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Brilliant way to encourage other coaches/GM's to stick their neck out and trade for you

Nash should never have gotten the job

That was a horrific hire - it's like these guys doing the hiring HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT BASKETBALL

I'm glad to hear that KD's trade request had nothing to do with Kyrie and that was obviously fake news
    Last edited by 3ba11; 08-08-2022 at 06:27 PM.

1. Cupake and Flatearther were to the Nets because little Cancer watched them when he was young, and KD liked their culture. That includes the coach and GM.
    2. Both push to fire the coach because he doesn't play their washed, worthless friend.. the one they demanded to get to the team and even did a S&T with the Warriors which is how Wiggins/Kuminga ended up at GS two years later.. helping them win a championship.
    3. Hire Nash because he liked doing shooting drills with him at Golden State.
    4. They had an elite supporting cast that was there, but this was the first time Kevin was playing in a team that doesn't have an MVP. It didn't sit right with him, so the GM did what Kevin wanted and traded all assets & talented depth for Harden.
    5. They lose in the playoffs, Kyrie doesn't take the vaccine, they say he can't play next season until he does. They suck so much, that they go back on it.
    6. Lose to the Celtics by 18 points throughout 4 games, all games that were winnable and Nets end up being the worst clutch team in the 1st round by every single metric, with the brick brothers conceding TOs or missing shots.
    7. Kyrie gets angry that he doesn't get the max. Yet he has averaged very few games for 3 straight seasons, is injury prone, had the vaccine issues. Kevon Looney last season played more game than the dipshit did in 3 years.
    8. Kyrie tries to look around and see who wants to sign him, only the Lakers due to Lebron are interested and in a discount deal. Keep in mind this is 2 weeks after he said they intend to make a name for themselves with KD as he looks for another team. Same thing as when he told the Boston crowd he'd love to stay a long time before dipping. Little snake putting in work.
    9. Kyrie when nobody wants him accepts the player option to play with the Nets for 1 year.
    10. Now KD wants the GM and coach he was partly responsible for hiring both out of the team to stay. Despite the fact that he joined the team and missed an entire year, and yet he got paid close to 40m for it. So he signs a long-term deal because he's injury prone post 2019 injury and does this.

You can't even make this shit up at this point.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Also noteworthy, the Nets may be leaking too much. They hurt their ability to negotiate with the Celtics when they leaked the Celtics interest because they put the Celtics in the position of having to badly alienate Brown if they expresses interest. This leak would increase the pressure on Durant should the Nets make him happy (or as happy as he can be made) and get rid of coach and gm. Not to mention furthering their own image as a puppet franchise. It could be that they are just pissed off and want to make him look like a bigger jerk before showing him the door but if they have any desire to keep him they should be keeping these kinds of demands secret.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka View Post
    They canned Kenny Atkinson because Durant said so, and now he wants Nash out.
    This is the one I am having the biggest issue with. Atkinson was a bright mind and worked wonders with the guys they had there before KD and Kyrie decided to crash the party. KD is as unlikeable as it gets, and I root for one of the more unlikeable guys in the league I am self aware ok

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    The asking price for KD has just gone down, now it should be more reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    The asking price for KD has just gone down, now it should be more reasonable
    Or you know.. Tsai doesn't give a **** and expects him to finish his contract. If the guy is pissed, the last thing he wants to do is trade Kevin to a team which the situation allows him to win a ring. He can't tank until 2027 either.

College superstar

Why did he sign a 4 year extension when this was already the case?

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Or you know.. Tsai doesn't give a **** and expects him to finish his contract. If the guy is pissed, the last thing he wants to do is trade Kevin to a team which the situation allows him to win a ring. He can't tank until 2027 either.
    Doesn't work that way unless Tsai is okay with everyone in organization being miserable for 4 years. If Sean Marks and Nash quits, now he has to re-hire an entire front office and the Durant issue isn't yet resolved. He can't run the contract out.

You have tickets to sell, business to run, media to handle, coaching to deal with, 82 games to play, an entire team to deal with. Houston wanted to do the same with Harden until Harden said publicly after a few games that he didn't believe in Houston coaching staff and then the coaches revolted and forced Houston to trade Harden.

Same thing will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    1. Cupake and Flatearther were to the Nets because little Cancer watched them when he was young, and KD liked their culture. That includes the coach and GM.
    2. Both push to fire the coach because he doesn't play their washed, worthless friend.. the one they demanded to get to the team and even did a S&T with the Warriors which is how Wiggins/Kuminga ended up at GS two years later.. helping them win a championship.
    3. Hire Nash because he liked doing shooting drills with him at Golden State.
    4. They had an elite supporting cast that was there, but this was the first time Kevin was playing in a team that doesn't have an MVP. It didn't sit right with him, so the GM did what Kevin wanted and traded all assets & talented depth for Harden.
    5. They lose in the playoffs, Kyrie doesn't take the vaccine, they say he can't play next season until he does. They suck so much, that they go back on it.
    6. Lose to the Celtics by 18 points throughout 4 games, all games that were winnable and Nets end up being the worst clutch team in the 1st round by every single metric, with the brick brothers conceding TOs or missing shots.
    7. Kyrie gets angry that he doesn't get the max. Yet he has averaged very few games for 3 straight seasons, is injury prone, had the vaccine issues. Kevon Looney last season played more game than the dipshit did in 3 years.
    8. Kyrie tries to look around and see who wants to sign him, only the Lakers due to Lebron are interested and in a discount deal. Keep in mind this is 2 weeks after he said they intend to make a name for themselves with KD as he looks for another team. Same thing as when he told the Boston crowd he'd love to stay a long time before dipping. Little snake putting in work.
    9. Kyrie when nobody wants him accepts the player option to play with the Nets for 1 year.
    10. Now KD wants the GM and coach he was partly responsible for hiring both out of the team to stay. Despite the fact that he joined the team and missed an entire year, and yet he got paid close to 40m for it. So he signs a long-term deal because he's injury prone post 2019 injury and does this.

You can't even make this shit up at this point.

I am enjoying this very much but you're enjoying this way too much

Decent college freshman

Durant is not a man not even a little girl

Local High School Star

Does KD think that rings are going to fix his legacy? This is honestly embarrassing way to lower your trade value KD, Pat Riley is likely the only person that would be willing to take this head case on and they are going to need to do a three team deal because Bam Robinson and Lowry are the only players I would move.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

The Nets did not respond to a request for comment. A message sent to Rich Kleiman, Durant’s business partner, went unanswered. A source close to the Nets organization indicated Durant is not the only Nets star unhappy with the team’s leadership. “Kyrie Irving hates these guys,” the source said. “He feels that Nash is terrible and Marks is bad.”

– via Mark W. Sanchez, Josh Kosman @ New York Post

who the **** other than Durant cares what Kyrie thinks. What a clown!