Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    NBA sixth man of the year Full Court's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    7,174

    Default Re: 1988 MJ was on an entirely different level

    Yep, there's a reason why MJ is the consensus GOAT and the biggest star the sport has seen.

    And a reason why a certain group gets triggered by him 20 years after he retired.

  2. #17
    7-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    12,143

    Default Re: 1988 MJ was on an entirely different level

    Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    Yep, there's a reason why MJ is the consensus GOAT and the biggest star the sport has seen.

    And a reason why a certain group gets triggered by him 20 years after he retired.
    What’s honestly worse: being triggered by someone being talked about who retired 20 years ago, or being so triggered if someone isn’t talking about him that you need to bring him up at all times?

  3. #18
    Sentenza AngelEyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    City of Wind
    Posts
    3,964

    Default Re: 1988 MJ was on an entirely different level

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post
    In 1987 jordon averaged 37 ppg in his 4th season at the age of 24, yet still finished below a team whose best player by far was a rookie Chuck Person.
    I wonder what changed in 1988...

    1987 was Jordan's 3rd year, not his 4th year. Also, it's not hard to see why the Bulls did not have a great record that year. They had probably the weakest roster in the NBA, with guys like a 2nd year Charles Oakley, John Paxson, Gene Banks, and Dave Corzine in the starting lineup, with a shitty bench. For a portion of the season they had guys like Steve Colter, Earl Cureton, Brad Sellers, Elston Turner, and Granville Waiters starting for them. They did not have the benefit of being in a shitty conference like AI or LeBron in the 00s, instead they had legendary teams like the Bad Boys Pistons and the Celtics and then also loaded teams like Atlanta and Milwaukee.
    Last edited by AngelEyes; 08-16-2022 at 11:08 AM.

  4. #19
    NBA sixth man of the year Full Court's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    7,174

    Default Re: 1988 MJ was on an entirely different level

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    What’s honestly worse: being triggered by someone being talked about who retired 20 years ago, or being so triggered if someone isn’t talking about him that you need to bring him up at all times?
    I see far more threads on here by Bronies trying to discredit MJ than I do threads propping him up.

  5. #20
    Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    BranStan Slayer Extraordinaire
    Posts
    2,542

    Default Re: 1988 MJ was on an entirely different level

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post
    1987 was Jordan's 3rd year, not his 4th year. Also, it's not hard to see why the Bulls did not have a great record that year. They had probably the weakest roster in the NBA, with guys like a 2nd year Charles Oakley, John Paxson, Gene Banks, and Dave Corzine in the starting lineup, with a shitty bench. For a portion of the season they had guys like Steve Colter, Earl Cureton, Brad Sellers, Elston Turner, and Granville Waiters starting for them. They did not have the benefit of being in a shitty conference like AI or LeBron in the 00s, instead they had legendary teams like the Bad Boys Pistons and the Celtics and then also loaded teams like Atlanta and Milwaukee.
    Thats a sad roster and its basically season #2 if you think about it

  6. #21
    Decent college freshman light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,714

    Default Re: 1988 MJ was on an entirely different level

    Quote Originally Posted by 2ball View Post
    In 1988, Michael Jordan was named the MVP and DPOY, selected to the first teams for all-NBA and all-defense, led the league in points and steals, named the all-star game MVP, and won the slam dunk contest
    MJ averaged 35.0 points, 5.5 rebounds, 5.9 assists, 3.2 steals, and 1.6 blocks on 53.5% shooting that season. His '92 season was extremely decorated as well, as he won MVP, FMVP, and an Olympic Gold medal.

    Imagine averaging 35ppg and being the best defensive player in the league

    Didn't MJ shoot 13% from three in 1988? I'm pretty sure.

  7. #22
    College superstar TheGoatest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    4,569

    Default Re: 1988 MJ was on an entirely different level

    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    Didn't MJ shoot 13% from three in 1988? I'm pretty sure.
    It really is astonishing how a guard can shoot 13% from behind the 3 point line. Like, how is that even possible?

  8. #23
    College superstar Baller789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    4,530

    Default Re: 1988 MJ was on an entirely different level

    Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    I see far more threads on here by Bronies trying to discredit MJ than I do threads propping him up.
    Bronies:
    *Crickets*

  9. #24
    7-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    12,143

    Default Re: 1988 MJ was on an entirely different level

    Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    I see far more threads on here by Bronies trying to discredit MJ than I do threads propping him up.
    It’s all pretty much one person. They’re blatantly trolling, and there’s an ignore function.

  10. #25
    Serious playground baller
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    429

    Default Re: 1988 MJ was on an entirely different level

    Trolling would imply they are having fun and those alts are clearly not having fun and are sadly dedicated to a false narrative. Quite sad people, really.

  11. #26
    7-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    12,143

    Default Re: 1988 MJ was on an entirely different level

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmyCogTurner View Post
    Trolling would imply they are having fun and those alts are clearly not having fun and are sadly dedicated to a false narrative. Quite sad people, really.
    Correct. Things that are said are either intentional contradictions or reversals of what Jordan people say, regardless of whether it makes sense.

    It's all fake. Just ignore it.

  12. #27
    College superstar TheGoatest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    4,569

    Default Re: 1988 MJ was on an entirely different level

    Ignoring someone saying that Tyrese Halliburton is better than jordon would be easy.
    Ignoring someone saying that LeBron is better than jordon is obviously not. Because no matter how much you wish it were true, it isn't.

  13. #28
    NBA sixth man of the year Full Court's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    7,174

    Default Re: 1988 MJ was on an entirely different level

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    It’s all pretty much one person. They’re blatantly trolling, and there’s an ignore function.
    I've never gotten so upset by what someone posts on a message board that I felt the need to ignore them.

  14. #29
    7-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    12,143

    Default Re: 1988 MJ was on an entirely different level

    Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    I've never gotten so upset by what someone posts on a message board that I felt the need to ignore them.
    What? It's not about being upset

    I don't get upset at spam emails. It just makes it easier to see the messages that I want to see if I ignore them.

    You don't want to ignore them because you enjoy it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •