Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default So we're just going to Ignore that Giannis got a lot blacker?

Before:

Now:

--
    FWIW, I will disregard these common responses:

-So????
    -So, what are you implying? Is that a bad thing?!
    -He is tanning more

Default Re: So we're just going to Ignore that Giannis got a lot blacker?

You never heard of lighting, big guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs m8 View Post
    You never heard of lighting, big guy?
    Except lighting is not the reason. You can look at multiple photos in the NBA and then the ones in Greece. There is no comparison. The amount of light exposure doesn't come close to explaining it.

Giannis always appeared in the NBA to be a light-skinned black guy. In truth he is a dark-skinned black guy. Just like his brother Thanassis. I always wondered why they were brothers when Thanassis was so dark and Giannis was so light. In truth, they are both the same skin tone after Giannis stopped lightening his skin.
    Last edited by bdonovan; 08-16-2022 at 06:48 AM.

In the NBA it appeared Giannis was light-skinned compared to his brother. But since his play on Greece, you see they are the same:

its called a tan, bro

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    Before:

lmao at the visible lighting effect on this pic

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    lmao at the visible lighting effect on this pic
    Uh-huh. The "light turned a dark-skinned black guy into a light-skinned one"....... I can see you haven't done a lot of photography.

Lighting does not have that drastic an effect. You can also see the amount of light on him when he's dark-black -- with the reflection off his sweat. Interestingly all that light doesn't magically make him a light-skinned black guy

Funny how "all that light" doesn't turn James Harden into a light-skinned black guy.

Nor did you address the photo of him next to his brother showing him lighter skinned while they are the same tone now.

But,but,but it's the lighting! The lighting turns Giannis light but kept his brother dark!
    Last edited by bdonovan; 08-16-2022 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    its called a tan, bro
    Right, a tan. The only person whose skin tone would vary that much from a tan is that glow-in-the-dark doughboy in your profile.

This has to be one of the stupidest threads in the main forum I've ever seen. Why are you going to even compare Giannis and his brother together? Giannis' brother is naturally darker than he is so of course he's still going to be "kept" dark because he's naturally darker anyway.

There's three main factors... lighting in the photograph, exposure of the photo taken and being tan or not.

That first picture in the thread is mostly just exposure. All the colors are all blown out. The jersey colors are way brighter than they naturally are.

And believe it or not, people Giannis' complexion or even darker people can tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode View Post
    This has to be one of the stupidest threads in the main forum I've ever seen. Why are you going to even compare Giannis and his brother together? Giannis' brother is naturally darker than he is so of course he's still going to be "kept" dark because he's naturally darker anyway.

There's three main factors... lighting in the photograph, exposure of the photo taken and being tan or not.

That first picture in the thread is mostly just exposure. All the colors are all blown out. The jersey colors are way brighter than they naturally are.

And believe it or not, people Giannis' complexion or even darker people can tan.
    Uh-huh, it's the "exposure". Interesting how you couldn't explain the 2nd picture. Or the other thousands of pictures of him that show him with the same skin tone. But don't worry- I'm sure the technical details of the cameras used for those photos and the ones of him in Greece explain the difference. Those darn Greek cameras!

I'm with you on tanning. I bet he has never been exposed to sunlight for an extended period of time in the past /s . You can lob all the worthless ad-hominem you want, doesn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    Uh-huh, it's the "exposure". Interesting how you couldn't explain the 2nd picture. Or the other thousands of pictures of him that show him with the same skin tone. But don't worry- I'm sure the technical details of the cameras used for those photos and the ones of him in Greece explain the difference. Those darn Greek cameras!

I'm with you on tanning. I bet he has never been exposed to sunlight for an extended period of time in the past /s . You can lob all the worthless ad-hominem you want, doesn't change anything.
    Okay, why do you think he's darker then?

One thing is crystal clear, Op is not black lol. Op lightskinned black people can get dark too, in my early 20s it became a seasonal thing for me. My tone got lighter in the winter, as we get older some of that sticks. It's perfectly possible giannis spent a whole summer, one of the hottest in memory outdoors. If you think he's been lightening his skin I don't agree with your conspiracy, just normal light skin black guy stuff.

Serious playground baller

I love this thread.

Not only is the lighting a factor but so is the cameras white balance/color temperature. You can make all types of in camera calibrations to make your image appear warmer or cooler.

just love how bdonovan is just completely bewildered by the concept of lighting and photography

Bdumbnavan