Default Just becoming an NBA player is already the biggest win for these players

"You know most of these kids came from poor or middle income families. Their parents earned what, $3000 a month? So for them to make the NBA and getting paid millions would be the biggest win there is. That's generational wealth right there. Much bigger than something silly like winning an NBA title. Who cares about that."

I never thought about it that way but it's kinda accurate.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Just becoming an NBA player is already the biggest win for these players

Of course it is. Big picture wise it’s a job. Jobs are for money. And they have a job that can give them a lifetimes worth quickly. Thats the priority for any of them who didn’t grow up already having wealth. It would be irresponsible to prioritize winning over money before you get the money.

Your grandkids can’t go to college off your “legacy”. Winning will always be second to anyone with common sense who is willing to be honest.

Once you have it….ok. Then you can worry about how the company is doing.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: Just becoming an NBA player is already the biggest win for these players

Once you've seen really sick (young) people and you get to be a little older you realize being healthy is the biggest win for everybody. Being healthy enough to become a top athlete and earn the money with it is the cherry on top.

The NBA is also a professional basketball league, just thought I should clarify more confusing aspects about this thing like OP did.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Players should always go for the maximum amount of money they can. Fvck winning, fvck loyalty. That would make the league more competitive anyway. Not a big fan of pay cuts.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

That's why my grandpa said he never cared about the NBA and only watched college ball. Most guys are only in it for the money. That's a bitchass mentality though because they already make enough for 100 lifetimes in some cases. Winning is worth way more than money.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    That's why my grandpa said he never cared about the NBA and only watched college ball. Most guys are only in it for the money. That's a bitchass mentality though because they already make enough for 100 lifetimes in some cases. Winning is worth way more than money.
    Like you know or give a shit about anyone who won the 1976 nba title. That ring is of no real world value. Winning at basketball is no greater than winning anything else. It’s worth exactly what each person assigns it. People with nba and Super Bowl rings out here working at Target. Literally. There is no more inherent value in being an nba champion than a world darts champion or winning a spelling bee. More people care at the moment but it fades and then you’re an old man being fired from a hardware store for sexual harassment ring and all.

Even the idiot public is only stupid enough to judge 10-20 people each generation on if they win or not. Most players have no reason to prioritize that over money.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

You can literally say the same exact thing about money. And in fact it's proven that kids who are spoiled with riches from their parents often end up going down bad paths because it ruins their work ethic and character having everything handed to them.

If you look at most of the GOAT basketball players 95% of them didn't grow up rich. Too much money will weaken you. There was even a story out that most mega lotto winners end up facing horrible tragedy. Money can't buy discipline or ambition which is what makes the greats truly great.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Beyond all that the idea players generally don't care about winning is stupid. They make the NBA because they are highly competitive people. Every game they are trying to win. How much a guy "cares about winning" is more about free agency decisions. On the court it can come into play with young players that are trying to establish themselves but after a few years most guys are properly focused and trying to do their jobs, which is to win games.

Very good NBA starter

One of the reasons the league is worse now is that the money is so much bigger. Everyone gets a massive contract if they just manage to play decent in their rookie contract. Just back in the 90s, you had guys like Pippen making chump change.

It is what it is, then it's up to those players who have enough personal drive to be the best and not a lot of players do.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    One of the reasons the league is worse now is that the money is so much bigger. Everyone gets a massive contract if they just manage to play decent in their rookie contract. Just back in the 90s, you had guys like Pippen making chump change.

It is what it is, then it's up to those players who have enough personal drive to be the best and not a lot of players do.
    https://www.spotrac.com/nba/chicago-...cash-earnings/

109 million is chump change to some I guess

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    "You know most of these kids came from poor or middle income families. Their parents earned what, $3000 a month? So for them to make the NBA and getting paid millions would be the biggest win there is. That's generational wealth right there. Much bigger than something silly like winning an NBA title. Who cares about that."

I never thought about it that way but it's kinda accurate.
    Thats how Trump will feel when he wins the nomination for the pubs'

Because of what's happening with the huge contracts these days, we have the biggest retard itb saying bullshit things like 'billionaire is the new millionaire.'