Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Angry This dumbass on eBay

So this seller is selling a PS4 on eBay with controllers and everything, and everything looks to be in immaculate condition. He's asking $250 for Buy It Now plus $25 for shipping. He's also accepting offers. So I offer him $230. A couple hours later he declines it. I then offer him $240, and a few minutes later he declines it again. So I just wrote to him and asked him, if he's not willing to sell it for a measly $10 less than his asking price, then what is he willing to take for it, and this f*cking finook then proceeds to tell me he's willing to take $245 for it. I just wrote back to him and told him I'm no longer interested if all you're going to do is sell it for $5 less.

What's wrong with people? Nobody knows how to negotiate. Some dumbass will pay his full asking price I'm sure.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: This dumbass on eBay

Why not just get a PS5?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Why not just get a PS5?
    I collect old games and consoles. Missing the PS4.

Seems kind of stupid for him to haggle over $5-$10. I'm sure he'll probably sell it though.

I got a PS5 back in February of 2021 for $400. Sold it 9 months later for $710 used. Although I took good care of it and vacuumed it out once every two months.

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

I had one dude try to charge me shipping when he lived around the corner (alright, it was a train trip away). I asked to collect it from him - at a time convenient to him - at a post office or in front of a post box, he said it was his "relaxing time". I told him to get f ucked. There's an inordinate amount of retards, NPC types selling things.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode View Post
    Seems kind of stupid for him to haggle over $5-$10. I'm sure he'll probably sell it though.

I got a PS5 back in February of 2021 for $400. Sold it 9 months later for $710 used. Although I took good care of it and vacuumed it out once every two months.
    How the heck did you get a PS5 so cheap back in Feb '21? That's when they were really scarce and expensive, no?

I'm not joking, but he just wrote back to me asking me if I would buy it for $243.

LOL I don't know what to do. This is comical and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    I'm not joking, but he just wrote back to me asking me if I would buy it for $243.

it sounds like he's ****ing with you. i'd move on. stop being cheap and buy a ps5, pretty sure it's backwards compatible. $460 and in stock in person at gamestop.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    it sounds like he's ****ing with you. i'd move on. stop being cheap and buy a ps5, pretty sure it's backwards compatible. $460 and in stock in person at gamestop.

Nah no store around me has the PS5. I'm on an Amazon waitlist for it though.

So I check back with this eBay listing, and the dude lowers the price to $235 Buy It Now.

So I bought it. Hopefully he doesn't **** me over.

Nah no store around me has the PS5. I'm on an Amazon waitlist for it though.

So I check back with this eBay listing, and the dude lowers the price to $235 Buy It Now.

So I bought it. Hopefully he doesn't **** me over.

bro out of pure principle i would not have bought that. if you gonna come at me with that attitude, i'm out.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post

bro out of pure principle i would not have bought that. if you gonna come at me with that attitude, i'm out.
    Too bad you couldn’t stop eating out of pure principle

If you really want to buy a PS4 (you shouldnt)... this seems like a good time to lower your offer to $220, and if he accepts send him a new offer that is $10 lower

Banned

You should offer him $240.50.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    How the heck did you get a PS5 so cheap back in Feb '21? That's when they were really scarce and expensive, no?
    I was able to fight through all the bots on Best Buy's website. Got lucky basically.