Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: House of Dragon (gmae of thrones with more incest) sets viewership record

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I’m enjoying it even though I already know the story. Even if I had not read the books Joffrey tells you how it ends in game of thrones. They are setting it up well though. Oddly it feels both like they’re taking their time…and rushing. They could have done a whole season with the young actors and fleshed out are he relationships but I’m also impressed a show about a war had the patience to spend a whole season without war.
    that's a good way of putting it. apparently HBO was pushing for war right away but they compromised on fleshing out some of the characters to give backstory and sell the audience on the characters. but based on how season 1 ends, looks like season 2 will catapult us into a war.

Default Re: House of Dragon (gmae of thrones with more incest) sets viewership record

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    Just the films or the books too? They are responsible for the blueprint of Dungeons and Dragons. You don't even have to be super creative in creating a new fantasy realm these days. Dungeons and Dragons has hundreds, if not thousands of creatures to choose from as characters and thousands of quest manuals to build a screenplay around.

I have my dad's old D&D manuals. You could spend weeks going over them all.
    From what I have seen (I only watched the first two), the Hobbit films are TERRIBLE.

That said, The Hobbit is an amazing book. It was one of the first books I can remember reading from cover to cover, and IMO its one of the greatest fiction books of all time for young people.

Anyway there was really only one hobbit book... so when you say "books", I assume you're referring to the LOTR books as well? For the record, I think the LOTR films are one of the best trilogies ever made, and comparing them to the Hobbit films is like comparing the first Lucas Star Wars trilogy to the Disney trilogy.