Default BREAKING NEWS: EVGA is out as Nvidia's AIB partna'

As Tom's Hardware and Ars Technica report, company CEO Andrew Han sat down with YouTubers JayZTwoCents and Gamers Nexus in a closed-door interview to reveal EVGA's decision. He also talked about his grievances with NVIDIA.
    This is huge news guys, it transcends the GPU industry and computer component space as a whole. Nvidia is currently rushing to get as much AI Accelerator chips to China before the US imposes their trade ban and out of left-field, EVGA socks them in the jaw with this headline. EVGA is renowned as the best aftermarket GPU partner. It also comes days before Nvidia announces their next-generation GPU's.

Source

rip to the GOAT.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: EVGA is out as Nvidia's AIB partna'

You only know this information and that person if you are a fat fvxk

Nvidia just has a press release about the 4xxx Series GPUs. $1599MSRP for the 4090, so 3000$ realistically.

80% of EVGA's revenue is earned from GPU's. That's 63 million roughly, out of 78.8 total annual revenue. They do admit that the actual profit is rather low in comparison to their other product offerings, but that's still a substantial amount of business to move away from with zero plans of substitutions. They aren't going to partner up with Intel or AMD, the CEO claims they will no longer make any GPU's. When is the last time a company just decided to kill 80% of it's revenue? That's wild.

EVGA apparently notified NVIDIA's top brass regarding this decision in April, but they approached 2 of the biggest YouTuber's in this space to announce their partnership termination days before Nvidia's biggest launch announcement of the year. Interesting timing. Corporate butthurt in full display, but it sounds like EVGA isn't alone, consumers are pretty unified on accepting Nvidia as a villian. They sold entire pallets of GPU's directly to miners during the "shortage". They are also helping the CCP stay technologically capable. The US should have imposed the trade ban immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    Nvidia just has a press release about the 4xxx Series GPUs. $1599MSRP for the 4090, so 3000$ realistically.

nvidia is currently stuck with a leftover surplus of 3000 series stock, so this price hike on the new 4000 series is intentional in order to lure people into buying out the 3000's quicker. as soon as that's cleared out, they'll probably drop prices on the 4000's... or maybe they won't. they can really do whatever they want as long as they continue to lack competition. although i think amd has new gpu's in the pipeline. i heard intels' 'arc' got cancelled. whether amd can match nvidia in not just raw performance but software (dlss, ray tracing) as well remains to be seen. but yeah, should be interesting to see how well (or how bad) those new gpu's sell.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    nvidia is currently stuck with a leftover surplus of 3000 series stock, so this price hike on the new 4000 series is intentional in order to lure people into buying out the 3000's quicker. as soon as that's cleared out, they'll probably drop prices on the 4000's... or maybe they won't. they can really do whatever they want as long as they continue to lack competition. although i think amd has new gpu's in the pipeline. i heard intels' 'arc' got cancelled. whether amd can match nvidia in not just raw performance but software (dlss, ray tracing) as well remains to be seen. but yeah, should be interesting to see how well (or how bad) those new gpu's sell.
    Nvidia is bitchmade for how they handled the 3xxx series. from the get-go they diverted a lot of GPU's to miners rather than consumers, then they began undercutting their own board partners(like EVGA) to sell their founder's edition cards. then they slashed prices by almost half to get rid of the overstock of 3xxxx cards that no one cares to buy anymore after all the scalping. they didn't even tell their board partners about the massive price slashes...hence why they got pissed. they just released a new version of DLSS that upsamples to 4k while getting ridiculously good FPS but they're limiting the software to the new cards only, it won't be enabled in 3xxx series. BS move. this may be the first time in a while I skip Nvidia's new cards. my 3090 does plenty well in the games I play. not that i game a whole lot these days.

AMD is releasing their new GPU's on November 3.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    Nvidia is bitchmade for how they handled the 3xxx series. from the get-go they diverted a lot of GPU's to miners rather than consumers, then they began undercutting their own board partners(like EVGA) to sell their founder's edition cards. then they slashed prices by almost half to get rid of the overstock of 3xxxx cards that no one cares to buy anymore after all the scalping. they didn't even tell their board partners about the massive price slashes...hence why they got pissed. they just released a new version of DLSS that upsamples to 4k while getting ridiculously good FPS but they're limiting the software to the new cards only, it won't be enabled in 3xxx series. BS move. this may be the first time in a while I skip Nvidia's new cards. my 3090 does plenty well in the games I play. not that i game a whole lot these days.

AMD is releasing their new GPU's on November 3.
    they're definitely greedy af and maddening a lot of long time loyal customers.