Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: In 2017, Wright said Lebron was behind MJ and needed to beat KD Warriors to be GO

And he STILL didn't address that was the norm for the majority of his top 10 players in the Finals, if not even worse ppg wise

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: In 2017, Wright said Lebron was behind MJ and needed to beat KD Warriors to be GO

Nick Wright is being pretty hypocritical. He's basically saying Lebron should be GOAT if he beats the 2017 Warriors, and if your a Jordan supporter that doesn't believe that then your a biased person stuck in your thought process that would never change your mind regardless. But Lebron didn't do that, and Nick Wright long ago changed his pick to Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    And he STILL didn't address that was the norm for the majority of his top 10 players in the Finals, if not even worse ppg wise
    If this aint a banana in the tailpipe....lol

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    The Heat needed a comeback because Lebron himself wet the bed - his 23 on 43% was insufficient thru 6 games and needed Ray to force Game 7... Teammates staved off an 0-3 deficit while Lebron wet the bed thru 3 games (16 on 39%)

The 13' Finals would've been a worse choke than the 11' Finals until Ray Allen saved him.. Otherwise, he was averaging 23 on 43% with horrific impact stats (plus minus and net rating)...

Imagine thinking someone was a lock for #2 all-time when they were a bounce or two away from being 2/10 on the championship level and already have a lottery record on the championship level (22-33, worst all-time)..

And I don't want to hear about making 10 Finals because Magic made that many in half the time and Lebron's streak of winning the East didn't start until he consolidated power within the conference by teaming up with the top two 1st options (the definition of stacking the deck).

This was an unprecedented, player-driven formation of a super-team that people allowed because of the surprise factor but it would never fly today - no one would praise Booker if he consolidated power and teamed up with Joker/KAT - no one would respect his rings if he did that.

Ultimately, Lebron's "decision" locked down the league with 3 titles in 6 years and preseason favorite super-teams for 6 straight years (11-16').. So people criticize Durant but Lebron enjoyed the same unprecedented, player-driven collusion that Durant did and for longer (6 years.. 3 chips).
    How does this WALL of text disprove what I stated? Lebron dominated the Spurs in the 4th qtr, of game 6, of the finals in a way we've rarely seen done. Then dusted them off with an all-time game 7, with a clutch dagger to boot to seal the title. What you can't seem to process about Lebron is a huge part of his unique goat type greatness is he dominates differently than Mj, differently than perhaps anyone else we've ever seen. He's dominated the way Mj typically has done, by taking over a game with devastating scoring, but he also has these "other" types of games Mj never had. The ones where he does so much of everything he just overwhelms the other team. I can't say I've seen Mj turn a game in that fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Worst?

The first 6 games of the 2013 Finals (23 on 43%) was far from Lebron's worst - it was just a massive choke-job for the reigning MVP and champion.
    Like your boy Curry's 2015 and 2016 massive choke jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    If this aint a banana in the tailpipe....lol
    It’s what makes 3ball such a punching bag, his multiple agenda CONSTANTLY come into conflict with each other. He was so shook by this one he didn’t even attempt a 3bot copy paste

7-time NBA All-Star

The games where he does so much of everything he just overwhelms the other team. I can't say I've seen Mj turn a game in that fashion.

^^^ "so much of everything" is code for Lebron dominating the ball like a playgrounder (rudimentary strategy).. It's no different than Westbrook or Luka "doing everything" (aka dribble)

Unfortunately, this "heliocentric" approach is an inferior brand of ball and therefore requires more supporting talent.... so it isn't "overwhelming" anyone - it literally requires more supporting talent.

Specifically, heliocentric skillsets are too ball-dominant at carry-job volumes to beat top teams (can't carry scoring load) and therefore require juggernaut scoring help, which is the biggest kind of help - they need goat scorers like Kareem, Wade, Kyrie, AD and super-teams.. When a star can't carry the scoring load, then they need the biggest kind of help - SCORING HELP (star help).

So you're saying that Lebron is overwhelming, but his ball-dominance is actually requiring the GM to go out and find expensive scoring help to support his rudimentary brand of ball.

The games where he does so much of everything he just overwhelms the other team. I can't say I've seen Mj turn a game in that fashion.

Unlike ball-dominators, expert jumpshooters maintain brand of ball at high scoring levels (MJ, Curry), so they can carry the scoring load over good teams and therefore win with less help, aka secondary producers like Wiggins or Pippen and a team of cheap defenders..

Obviously, it's easier for a GM to build a team of cheap defenders, but this requires a 1st option that can carry the scoring load.. Otherwise, the GM must find expensive, star scoring help (a GM's nightmare).. So again, Lebron's ball-dominance isn't overwhelming anything except his GM... lol

Indeed, Lebron always had equal-scoring partners to attract equal defensive attention in the Finals, so he never defeated maximum defensive attention (never carried scoring load in Finals).. In addition to not defeating maximum defensive attention, Lebron never carried bed-wetting sidekicks over a top 5 SRS team (no carry-jobs against good teams in 2 decades of playing).

Ultimately, a ball-dominator's inability to carry the scoring load prevents them from winning with secondary producers like Wiggins or Pippen, which confirms that they need more help in the form of goat scorers like Kareem, Kyrie, Wade or AD.

I can't say I've seen Mj turn a game in that fashion.

Jordan and Rodman led the Bulls in rebounds for the 1997 Playoffs with 8 RPG each.

In addition to rebounds, jordan led in assists WHILE carrying the scoring load for playoffs and Finals (defeated maximum defensive attention).

Lebron never did that..

And Jordan averaged 36/7/8 in the 91-93' finals WHILE defeating maximum defensive attention (carrying scoring load)... Again, Lebron never did that.

Lebron dominated the Spurs in the 4th qtr, of game 6, of the finals in a way we've rarely seen done.

Pure nonsense.. 10 points is standard for any 1st option in the 4th of a big game - hundreds of guys have done this..

Unfortunately, Lebron was scoreless when it mattered down the stretch of that game and his bed-wetting up to that point in the series was the reason the team was in the hole to begin with.

Ultimately, if a player wets the bed for 6 games and needs a teammate to save him and force game 7 - that's a chokejob
    Last edited by 3ba11; 09-27-2022 at 10:26 PM.