Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Pippen downplays Jordan's 'Flu Game,' says his back injury in 1998 Finals was w

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Do we need to link you to EliteBaller's thread with all the pics?

Pretty sure he'd be fine lol

This:

Made Lebron do this:

So this:

would turn lebron into a passive, low-scoring facilitator like Magic or Kidd

7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Pippen downplays Jordan's 'Flu Game,' says his back injury in 1998 Finals was w

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    This:

Made Lebron do this:

So this:

Lebron has literally 30 pounds on Charles Oakley.

The 90s didn't reward flopping and acting (not that I condone it now). Therefore there would be none.

There were like 3 non-centers as big or strong as Lebron is. Maybe..

You're a fool if you think he wouldn't be able to dole out as much punishment as he took.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Lebron has literally 30 pounds on Charles Oakley.

The 90s didn't reward flopping and acting (not that I condone it now). Therefore there would be none.

There were like 3 non-centers as big or strong as Lebron is. Maybe..

You're a fool if you think he wouldn't be able to dole out as much punishment as he took.

Oakley is bigger than Crowder:

Or Oubre:

So again, the physicality and fouls of prior eras would turn Lebron into a passive, low-scoring facilitator like Magic or Kidd

7-time NBA All-Star

Oakley is bigger than Crowder:

Or Oubre:

So again, the physicality and fouls of prior eras would turn Lebron into a passive, low-scoring facilitator like Magic or Kidd
    So I mention that the 90s wouldn't reward flopping and acting...and you show me two clips of exactly that happening (at least the second one is)?

Color me disappointed.

Dikembe Mutombo, David Robinson, Alonzo Mourning, Patrick Ewing. What do they have in common? All 4 weighed at LEAST 10 pounds less than Lebron. You're conveniently disregarding how big and how strong he is. Not that I'm surprised.

In an era where he can use his OWN physicality and strength more too? Jesus bro...not your best argument. Go back to talking about team ceilings and shit.

Serious playground baller

You guys are hilarious, bad backs.. flu games... different situations all together.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls View Post
    Lol. There's not one situation in which I'd take having to participate, in whch I'd take the flu over a back injury. Lol. Jordan took two years off because he was "challenged" enough. LOL. I've gone to work with the Flu. I couldn't work when I hurt my back.
    Seriously? I know you are a real Bulls fan, as am I, and that you also have MJ as GOAT. You sometimes criticize him and not always invalidly. No player is above criticism.

But I also know you are fully aware of what happened causing Jordan's retirement. All the anti-Jordans on here conveniently forget to mention that his father was brutally murdered in the offseason of 93. I too wish Jordan had not retired in 94-95, but I do not blame him, given the massive trauma he had gone through. But for you to claim Jordan just "took 2 years off," (while completely adapting to a new sport of course), simply because he was "challenged" enough is not a fair representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Elosha View Post
    Seriously? I know you are a real Bulls fan, as am I, and that you also have MJ as GOAT. You sometimes criticize him and not always invalidly. No player is above criticism.

But I also know you are fully aware of what happened causing Jordan's retirement. All the anti-Jordans on here conveniently forget to mention that his father was brutally murdered in the offseason of 93. I too wish Jordan had not retired in 94-95, but I do not blame him, given the massive trauma he had gone through. But for you to claim Jordan just "took 2 years off," (while completely adapting to a new sport of course), simply because he was "challenged" enough is not a fair representation.
    I most definitely am a Bulls fan and have MJ as the GOAT. But I take exception to these MJ trolls that make him above reproach and perfect. He was far from either. I do feel he had no weaknesses in his game, but he wasn't perfect.

When I say Jordan took that time off, is only because that's why Jordan said he retired. I do feel his father's death played a huge role in his decision. But Jordan himself said in the Last Dance that he talked to his father and was contemplating retirement. So I'm only going on Jordan's words.

I'm just sick of the disrespect all these Jordan fans have for his teammates. And the only ones really checking them are Lebron James fans ( for their own selfish reasons granted). But alot of these "Bulls" fans like yourself, only get antsy with me and my takes about Jordan. All which are 100% correct.

And I honestly feel Jordan disrespected his teammates in the Last Dance. Especially Scottie Pippen.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

I most definitely am a Bulls fan and have MJ as the GOAT. But I take exception to these MJ trolls that make him above reproach and perfect. He was far from either. I do feel he had no weaknesses in his game, but he wasn't perfect.

When I say Jordan took that time off, is only because that's why Jordan said he retired. I do feel his father's death played a huge role in his decision. But Jordan himself said in the Last Dance that he talked to his father and was contemplating retirement. So I'm only going on Jordan's words.

I'm just sick of the disrespect all these Jordan fans have for his teammates. And the only ones really checking them are Lebron James fans ( for their own selfish reasons granted). But alot of these "Bulls" fans like yourself, only get antsy with me and my takes about Jordan. All which are 100% correct.

And I honestly feel Jordan disrespected his teammates in the Last Dance. Especially Scottie Pippen.
    This

NBA lottery pick

Career Finals

MJ.............. 34 on 48%
    Lebron........ 28 on 49%
    Kyrie........... 28 on 47%
    AD............... 25 on 55%
    Pippen........ 19 on 42%

^^^ One of them doesn't belong....

There are zero examples of Pippen playing above an Iggy or Wiggins caliber........ in his entire career!!!!

So the historical record proves that he was an Iggy or Wiggins-caliber performer that the winning spotlight inflated to all-time status
    Pippen has more all nba selections than both iggy and Wiggins combined🤷🏾*♂️ as well as being a 10x all defensive player

This:

Made Lebron do this:

So this:

Damn, LeBron acted like he got shot from that elbow from Gasol and Cartwright just got up like nothing from that vicious hit from Oakley

LeFlop

Local High School Star

I do not post nearly as much as other people, I am just far too busy. But I do respect posters like you, and if anyone took the time to search my previous posts, they will find a number of occasions where I also criticized those people who unfairly devalue LeBron James. It is virtually indisputable that LeBron James is at least a top-five player and he has a solid case for number 2. I might not put him at number 2 myself, but I understand those who do. So we are obviously talking about absolute top players of all time when we talked about Michael Jordan and LeBron.

I respect you saying that you're just taking Jordan at his words as to his reasons for retirement. I also know he did state in the Last Dance, and also said in previous years prior to the Last Dance, that he had been contemplating retirement with his father. IMO, I just feel it probably wouldn't happened had his father not been murdered. I could be wrong about that, but I don't think the decision was firmly made until he was killed. There's no way to know one way or the other, and I respect your position. I just don't think it's fair to act like Jordan was just "quitting" without understanding the full and brutal context.

If Lebron James' mother suddenly passed away or died at any point in his career, murdered or not, and he said he needed time off or wanted to retire, I would have been the first one on ISH defending that decision. Most particularly, if she was murdered. That is just a life-changing circumstance of a beloved parent that almost no one can understand unless it happens to you. And no one should judge someone else for their career decision under the weight of such a tragedy.

Oh, and I am also a faithful Bulls fan, not just a Jordan fan. I'm a big Chicago sports fan all across the board, Bulls, Cubs, and Bears. So they are the team I always root for, not just when they were at their heights with Jordan but at any time. I know the team and I know the players and I have enormous respect for most of the Bulls players during their championship years. It's not merely a one-man team; obviously there were a lot of other great players, amazing chemistry, and a great coach and staff, alongside Jordan as GOAT.
    Last edited by Elosha; 10-02-2022 at 09:55 PM.

Learning to shoot layups

It showed. Pippen averaged 15.7 points, 6.8 rebounds and 4.8 assists in the finals.