Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Pippen downplays Jordan's 'Flu Game,' says his back injury in 1998 Finals was w

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    I real flu, an influenza infection, will tie you to the bed, while a cold can be pretty harmless.

That's true.

And if theres anyone who knows about being absolutely panic-stricken terrified of a simple virus... it's definitely you.

Default Re: Pippen downplays Jordan's 'Flu Game,' says his back injury in 1998 Finals was w

Quote Originally Posted by MadDogg View Post
    You've definitely never dribbled a basketball lol. Playing a full-court game at that level is one thing. But with nausea, extreme fatigue & dehydration? To overcome that isn't only a mental hurdle. But a physically taxing one as well.

Why not just change your name to "97 scottie"
    Lol. There's not one situation in which I'd take having to participate, in whch I'd take the flu over a back injury. Lol. Jordan took two years off because he was "challenged" enough. LOL. I've gone to work with the Flu. I couldn't work when I hurt my back.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls View Post
    Lol. There's not one situation in which I'd take having to participate, in whch I'd take the flu over a back injury. Lol. Jordan took two years off because he was "challenged" enough. LOL. I've gone to work with the Flu. I couldn't work when I hurt my back.
    What? In most cases you're stuck at home with a flu. Or as someone said, bed ridden. You're not playing full-court basketball lol much less performing well. Your example is freaking terrible. Idk what line of work you do. but if it doesn't require lifting or bending, a "bad back" isn't keeping me from doing my job.

Pippen had herniated discs, got surgery and had two of them removed in the off-season. Generally though you can take an over the counter pain reliever. It'll eventually heal on its own.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    That's true.

And if theres anyone who knows about being absolutely panic-stricken terrified of a simple virus... it's definitely you.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    Yeah, if influenza isn't that serious Jordan's performance is nothing special and just tall tales.

What? In most cases you're stuck at home with a flu. Or as someone said, bed ridden. You're not playing full-court basketball lol much less performing well. Your example is freaking terrible. Idk what line of work you do. but if it doesn't require lifting or bending, a "bad back" isn't keeping me from doing my job.

Pippen had herniated discs, got surgery and had two of them removed in the off-season. Generally though you can take an over the counter pain reliever. It'll eventually heal on its own.
    Lol. So you're telling me you'd rather have a herniated disk as opposed as the flu? Lol you're nuts. You can take an OTC for the flu. Tylenol, Advil. And even MJ knows that the flu isn't the end all to be all, that's why he changed his story and said he ordered a pizza in tbr middle of the night and said he was poisoned.

And how responsible is it for MJ to be up at the wee hours of the morning, drinking and playing cards and ordering pizza before a big game. Why didn't anyone else get sick?

Funny thing is, my 6 year old grand baby had food poisoning a few weeks ago, she had chills, and diarrhea, and the minute she vomited up what she ate, and took a few dumps, she was ready to play again. We had to make her stay in the house. Lol. And she's SIX.

Learning to shoot layups

Lol. So you're telling me you'd rather have a herniated disk as opposed as the flu? Lol you're nuts. You can take an OTC for the flu. Tylenol, Advil. And even MJ knows that the flu isn't the end all to be all, that's why he changed his story and said he ordered a pizza in tbr middle of the night and said he was poisoned.

And how responsible is it for MJ to be up at the wee hours of the morning, drinking and playing cards and ordering pizza before a big game. Why didn't anyone else get sick?
    Of course not. I wouldn't play in either depending on the severity. You tried to minimize the flu as some seasonal head cold, and its just not the case. No ordinary joe is playing 5 on 5 basketball with a high temp and major fatigue. Sorry buddy but come back to reality lol. Jordan was the exception, and unlike a regular person, he had medical staff and trainers on standby.

Of course not. I wouldn't play in either depending on the severity. You tried to minimize the flu as some seasonal head cold, and its just not the case. No ordinary joe is playing 5 on 5 basketball with a high temp and major fatigue. Sorry buddy but come back to reality lol. Jordan was the exception, and unlike a regular person, he had medical staff and trainers on standby.
    Lol. Bro. I can't belive we're having a conversation where the flu (which he didn't even have according to his trainer) is being compared to a back injury. SMDH.

If you had to performance an athletic endeavor, and to you to do said endeavor with either the flu or a herniated disc, which would you choose?

Learning to shoot layups

Lol. Bro. I can't belive we're having a conversation where the flu (which he didn't even have according to his trainer) is being compared to a back injury. SMDH.
    Not really even comparing the two. Your take on the flu is off. That's all. Whatever you wanna call it, Jordan had "flu-like" symptoms. Fatigue, nausea, temp, dehydration etc. The game has been played over and over again. All of this should be common knowledge.

If you had to performance an athletic endeavor, and to you to do said endeavor with either the flu or a herniated disc, which would you choose?
    Answered that already. Neither. If by some bizarre scenario I were forced to, I would rather play with the flu. Pippen was tough for gutting it out in Game 6 so credit where its due. He wasn't all that impactful though. Matter of fact, he might as well not have even played lol.

Banned

Fact is, Jordan put on a masterful performance, flu or no flu. And even a cold can play with your head in an all-out physical even like that, and even though we don't know exactly how bad it really was or wasn't, Jordan showed he had heart. No excuses.

7-time NBA All-Star

And this is why you get the 1-9 logic. If If by your assertion, Jordan didn't have great help right? Then he should've been able to win with anybody then. Why didn't he win in 86? He'll forget winning the Championship, why didn't he win a game? Lol.

He had Charles Oakley, John Paxson, Kyle Macey would've been BJ Armstrong, Dave Corzine spells Cartwright or Longley, and Orlando Woolridge spells Pippen. Why didn't he get a win?

Jordan didn't win in 86' because it takes time to build an organic champion from scratch - that was only his 2nd season (which he mostly missed).

Orlando Woolridge was actually a superior athletic talent than Pippen, so if Woolridge had 4 years to grow and build with prime Jordan like Pippen did and also play the 2-star format of the 90's (no super-team needed), then he would've won titles as well.. Anyone wins alongside Jordan in a 2-star vs 2-star format like the 90's..

Life is about luck and timing, so Woolridge was just unlucky that he didn't land alongside the MVP and DPOY like Pippen did.

Ultimately, any bum can be left unguarded in a dynasty system and average 16 on 40% in most of the big series like Pippen did (89' ECF, 90' ECF, 92' ECSF, 96' Finals, 98' ECF, 98' Finals).. And I don't want to hear about defense because truly great offensive players like Reggie Miller, Bird, Jordan or Curry will always have great defensive teams because their ability to carry the scoring load allows GM's to surround them with cheap defenders.
    Last edited by 3ba11; 09-26-2022 at 10:05 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post
    The so-called flu game was one of the biggest theatrical frauds that took place on an NBA court.
    jordon could run around the court just fine, but as soon as the buzzer sounds, he suddenly needs to be carried off the court?

Give me a motherfreakin break.
    lol is pippen laughing at the drama queen?

3-time NBA All-Star

Lol. Yes a cold. The flu is a cold. A more extreme case. But a human can function just fine with the flu if need be. A bad back? It's hard to walk much less play basketball.

Jordan played great in that flu game. But I do think Pippen playing with that bad back, and making plays and having a great game for the minutes he played was more impressive.
    Don't act like a moron just for an argument. You don't get high temperatures, fatigue and vomiting from a cold.

There's varying degrees of both the flu and back issues, so unless you're that plugged in, which none of us here are, you're not really in a position to say what was harder to play with, which means you should probably just go off the performance itself. So are we just completely taking performance out of the equation? Playing hurt/sick is not as impressive if it was a forgettable actual performance, hurt/sick or not. By your logic, Anthony Davis trying to suit up game 6 vs the Suns last year and leaving within 1 minute is more impressive too.

Funny thing is, my 6 year old grand baby had food poisoning a few weeks ago, she had chills, and diarrhea, and the minute she vomited up what she ate, and took a few dumps, she was ready to play again. We had to make her stay in the house. Lol. And she's SIX.
    What are you trying to argue here? That every single person in the world reacts to food poisoning/flu the same way i.e. how you're 6 year old reacted? Seriously? That's what you think?

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Jordan didn't win in 86' because it takes time to build an organic champion from scratch - that was only his 2nd season (which he mostly missed).

Orlando Woolridge was actually a superior athletic talent than Pippen, so if Woolridge had 4 years to grow and build with prime Jordan like Pippen did and also play the 2-star format of the 90's (no super-team needed), then he would've won titles as well.. Anyone wins alongside Jordan in a 2-star vs 2-star format like the 90's..

Life is about luck and timing, so Woolridge was just unlucky that he didn't land alongside the MVP and DPOY like Pippen did.

Ultimately, any bum can be left unguarded in a dynasty system and average 16 on 40% in most of the big series like Pippen did (89' ECF, 90' ECF, 92' ECSF, 96' Finals, 98' ECF, 98' Finals).. And I don't want to hear about defense because truly great offensive players like Reggie Miller, Bird, Jordan or Curry will always have great defensive teams because their ability to carry the scoring load allows GM's to surround them with cheap defenders.
    Bro. He didn't win a game. Forget winning it all. Understand that you are the one making this absurd claim that Jordan won with bums. So what gives? Why couldn't he win one game with another set of bums? The math ain't mathing here.