Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: NBA 75 Ultimate Draft | InsideHoops version

Who do you think they made the three point line for? Maravich was a 30PPG player shooting three pointers and only getting credit for 2. You know what also mitigates 3pt shooting 2 of the best re-bounders (Thrumond and Malone) and perimeter guards (Frazier and Kobe) of all-time.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    Who do you think they made the three point line for? Maravich was a 30PPG player shooting three pointers and only getting credit for 2. You know what also mitigates 3pt shooting 2 of the best re-bounders (Thrumond and Malone) and perimeter guards (Frazier and Kobe) of all-time.
    Maravich was done the year they added the 3. Doubt it was for him

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I enjoyed this, learned more about past players since we were forced to draft guys who we aren't too familiar with.

As I stated earlier, I didn't know Wes Unseld's post defense was so well regarded despite his size. Also learned Hal Greer was also considered one of the better defensive guards of his time despite being known by some as an offensive player, also a better all-around player than Sam Jones, who is usually ranked higher.
    Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 10-07-2022 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    I enjoyed this, learned more about past players since we were forced to draft guys who we aren't too familiar with.

As I stated earlier, I didn't know Wes Unseld's post defense was so well regarded despite his size. Also learned Hal Greer was also considered one of the better defensive guards of his time despite being known by some as an offensive player, also a better all-around player than Sam Jones, who is usually ranked higher.
    What surprised me most was Jerry Lucas being a legitimately great shooter, he was like the OG stretch 4.

Jump to 2:04, he looks like Bird or Dirk out there. I would've never guessed a 20 rpg player from the 60's would've had a shooting touch like that, or even take deep jumpers like that in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    What surprised me most was Jerry Lucas being a legitimately great shooter, he was like the OG stretch 4.

Jump to 2:04, he looks like Bird or Dirk out there. I would've never guessed a 20 rpg player from the 60's would've had a shooting touch like that, or even take deep jumpers like that in the first place.
    Oh yea, I knew Jerry Lucas could shoot. When you drafted him I suspected you did so because of his shooting ability, giving you a stretch 4.

Bumped the realgm thread again a couple of hours ago, got some responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Prez
    I think I'm leaning team 4? Would be insanely fun to watch as well. Generational interior scoring (Kareem) with generational perimeter scoring/gravity (Steph) and 3 elite level shot makers from 2-4 to work off of them (T-Mac/Pierce/Dirk). Solid enough defense as well. And Oscar/Walton off the bench is absurd too.
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakesnake
    Teams I like in order:

Team 3
    It starts a pair of Defensive GOAT candidates in Hakeem and KG, and then in the backcourt there's a couple sneaky offensive GOAT candidates in West and Nash. And Nash doesn't even start! You can bring his all-time shooting/passing threat off the bench and start a monster defensive backcourt in CP3 and West. I don't love the wings on this team, but Havlicek just sort of running around causing havoc is a big plus.

Team 5
    The shooting of Klay, Barry and Bird mixed with the rim pressure of Giannis is pretty fun. Imagine Giannis screening for Bird (or Barry! or Stockton), and then when it isn't Giannis, it's Anthony Davis. If they want to get meaner defensively, they trot out Ewing, AD, and Giannis at the same time since AD and Ewing are solid enough shooters. Russ could actually be pretty terrifying on this team if you're pairing him with a lof that shooting.

Team 1
    MJ with 4 guys who thrive off the ball is pretty insane. Imagine toggling the ball between Jokic and MJ while Reggie runs around screens. The defense here isn't quite as absurd as some of these teams, but Robinson/Rodman/MJ makes it still pretty insane.

Team 6
    Shaq/KD/Pippen is the sickest overall frontcourt, and they fill out the shooting with Lillard and Harden. Payton and Pippen is a mean point of attack defense.

Teams I don't like in no order:
    - Team 8 has a pretty dreadful lack of shooting.
    - Team 7 has way too many guys who are best on the ball.
    - Team 2 is pretty awkward. Even worse shooting than 8 and way too crowded in the paint.
    - Team 4 seems like an outlier poor defensive roster. None of these rosters are bad defensively, but this is the only team that doesn't have multiple all-time defender. The backcourt is bad defensively and then you have Dirk up front next to Kareem.
    https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...?f=6&t=2229976

10 Days later and it's all pretty close

John8204 (8)
    SouBeachTalents (8)
    iamgine(7)
    1987_Lakers(7)
    Hakeem Olajuwon (5)
    AlternativeAcc(3)
    Manny98 (3)
    Champ (2)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

You really made a bunch of accounts on Real GM and voted for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    You really made a bunch of accounts on Real GM and voted for yourself
    Saberestar
    RealGM
    And1: 12,207

I would go Team 7 because of Kobe, LeBron and Doncic together. That would be sick.
    JJ_PR
    Veteran
    And1: 2,005
    [Cleveland Cavaliers] [Cleveland Indians]

Re: NBA 75 Ultimate Draft. Vote For The Best Team

And1 This Post
    Report this post

Post#23 » by JJ_PR » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:40 am
    I'd have to go with Team 7. LeBron, Kobe, Doncic, Erving & Moses Malone on the same team? Yes please!
    No I think it's more along the lines that the clear campaigning from some of you against me (and no other team) didn't work. Because arguing "spacing" with a gold medal and championship winning teams was always dumb.

But it's cool be a bad loser

No I think it's more along the lines that the clear campaigning from some of you against me (and no other team) didn't work. Because arguing "spacing" with a gold medal and championship winning teams was always dumb.

People who gave detailed responses went with my team.

BTW, didn't you call the poll a "joke" because I overwhelmingly won the last poll in our previous draft?

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...?f=6&t=2207635

I didn't bother to vote but also...meh Jordan fanboys ruining everything is something we all saw coming.
    Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 10-19-2022 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakesnake
    Teams I like in order:

Team 3
    It starts a pair of Defensive GOAT candidates in Hakeem and KG, and then in the backcourt there's a couple sneaky offensive GOAT candidates in West and Nash. And Nash doesn't even start! You can bring his all-time shooting/passing threat off the bench and start a monster defensive backcourt in CP3 and West. I don't love the wings on this team, but Havlicek just sort of running around causing havoc is a big plus.

Team 5
    The shooting of Klay, Barry and Bird mixed with the rim pressure of Giannis is pretty fun. Imagine Giannis screening for Bird (or Barry! or Stockton), and then when it isn't Giannis, it's Anthony Davis. If they want to get meaner defensively, they trot out Ewing, AD, and Giannis at the same time since AD and Ewing are solid enough shooters. Russ could actually be pretty terrifying on this team if you're pairing him with a lof that shooting.

Team 1
    MJ with 4 guys who thrive off the ball is pretty insane. Imagine toggling the ball between Jokic and MJ while Reggie runs around screens. The defense here isn't quite as absurd as some of these teams, but Robinson/Rodman/MJ makes it still pretty insane.

Team 6
    Shaq/KD/Pippen is the sickest overall frontcourt, and they fill out the shooting with Lillard and Harden. Payton and Pippen is a mean point of attack defense.

Teams I don't like in no order:
    - Team 8 has a pretty dreadful lack of shooting.
    - Team 7 has way too many guys who are best on the ball.
    - Team 2 is pretty awkward. Even worse shooting than 8 and way too crowded in the paint.
    - Team 4 seems like an outlier poor defensive roster. None of these rosters are bad defensively, but this is the only team that doesn't have multiple all-time defender. The backcourt is bad defensively and then you have Dirk up front next to Kareem.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenoUdrihFTL
    A lot depends on ruleset and format. Also whether we're considering player peaks, average primes, total career, etc

Team 3
    C - Hakeem - Unseld
    F - KG - Pettit
    F - Havlicek - Baylor
    G - West - Greer
    G - CP3 - Nash
    Absolutely love this starting lineup. Thin on volume 3pt shooting (tho I think West could thrive there) but clearly the most completely proficient starting 5 in terms of defense and playmaking. All 5 starters are consensus ATG defenders for their position with two of the GOAT help defenders up front, 1-4 are ATG playmakers for their position plus Hakeem who's more than competent with proper spacing, both West and Hakeem are proven ATG playoff-resilient shot-makers, and all 5 individuals just project to fit tremendously well together. I'm not thrilled that the team appears disproportionately heavy on pre-80s players (5/10 vs as little as 3/10 for some other teams) in what I presume would be a modern setting, and I kinda hate the bench where defense and height (particularly in the backcourt) would be notable concerns. Nash would have to be used very strategically (e.g. zero mins without West or Havlicek at SG and one of Hakeem/KG at C), in fact I might even consider starting or subbing him in early for CP3. And as crazy as it is to say about a team which features Hakeem Olajuwon, vertical rim-protection might be an issue against some of these other fantasy teams when Hakeem is either off the floor or switched out to the perimeter. I'd love to tinker with a bit of "addition by subtraction" in replacing some of the bench's HOF name recognition for less heralded but better fitting modern players, but nonetheless a ridiculously formidable team

Team 5
    C - AD - Ewing
    F - Giannis - Hayes
    F - Bird - Barry
    G - Klay - Sharman
    G - Stockton - Westbrook
    Arguably the most dominant interior defensive core, with a defensively sound starting backcourt to compliment. You have volume rim-attackers balanced by good to great perimeter shooting relative to other teams here, a strong playmaking mix of Stockton's "systematic" with Bird's "intuitive" in the halfcourt along with "explosive" fullcourt playmaking from Giannis and Westbrook. Most identifiable (relative) weakness would be lack of ATG go-to onball perimeter scorer if/when things get bogged down inside (for as great of a shooter as Bird was, he was generally most effective as a scorer and playmaker when operating closer to the basket). I don't really have much eye-test to go off of but perhaps Rick Barry could help here? You'd also have to figure out how to keep Westbrook on a reasonable leash if you intend to play him much more than 15-20 mpg, which I think you might need to with 6'1" SG Bill Sharman being the other reserve guard

Team 4
    C - Kareem - Walton
    F - Dirk - Lucas
    F - Pierce - Worthy
    G - McGrady - Bing
    G - Curry - Oscar
    Clearly the most compelling offensive roster here imo (especially if we're using peaks), and that alone warrants some consideration. They're just lethal in literally every inch of the halfcourt, adept ball-handlers and passers everywhere, efficient shooting and creation everywhere, potent onball and offball weapons everywhere, very minimal redundancy if any. I mean you have GOAT level interior scoring balanced by GOAT level perimeter scoring with GOAT level midrange scoring in between. While short on elite defensive talent from 1-4, they're actually loaded with height which could as a team help to somewhat mitigate the lack of individual defensive stoppers. The defensive fundamentals are mostly solid and BBIQ is great, then you have brilliant rim-protectors in Kareem and Walton to anchor it all. So there's potential for a team defensive whole being greater than the sum of its parts

Overall I rank these 3 in this above listed order in terms of who I think would most often do the most playoff/tournament winning against all 7 opponents, but Team 4 just might have the highest ceiling if they can synergize on the defensive end

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    People who gave detailed descriptions went with my team.

BTW, didn't you call the poll a "joke" because I overwhelmingly won the last poll in our previous draft?

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...?f=6&t=2207635
    You literally quoted me...are you trying to say Jordan fans aren't toxic? On one hand we have accusations that I made a bunch of fake accounts (which I guess I did years ago) and on the other hand Jordan fans are toxic. Gee I wonder which one is more based on reality.

I don't know if I'm going to do this again, I was the only person that had my team campaigned against. Frankly I don't buy what you guys were selling my guys can shoot from all over the court.

You literally quoted me...are you trying to say Jordan fans aren't toxic? On one hand we have accusations that I made a bunch of fake accounts (which I guess I did years ago) and on the other hand Jordan fans are toxic. Gee I wonder which one is more based on reality.

I don't know if I'm going to do this again, I was the only person that had my team campaigned against. Frankly I don't buy what you guys were selling my guys can shoot from all over the court.
    No they can't. You have terrible spacing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Yh your team just happened to go from absolute last in votes to now leading in the span of a day.

Literally everyone would agree that your team is the worst because of awful spacing yet somehow you won the poll

At least try and make it not so obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Yh your team just happened to go from absolute last in votes to now leading in the span of a day.

Literally everyone would agree that your team is the worst because of awful spacing yet somehow you won the poll

At least try and make it not so obvious
    1. Maravich, Arizin, Moses, Lebron, Dr. J, Luka and Kobe all shoot at different parts of the court. Kobe and Lebron are well known for adjusting their games for new and different styles of play. And they won a gold medal together. What you are trying to say is my team doesn't have three point shooters. I think Maravich and Luka can shoot threes pretty well especially when Luka's not the guy teams are planning on guarding first.

2. I don't know when the votes came in but I see posts from last two weeks picking my team. Which makes you a liar...and if one person is lying when it comes to this game I don't know how many other ones of you are lying as well. My team seems to be the only team that you people have issues with and yet on another forum it's winning