Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 164
  1. #106
    College superstar dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,352

    Default Re: Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

    Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Only person crying was you when you got called out for rigging the 2017 Playoff MVP voting.
    Oh yea I cried myself to sleep

  2. #107
    Not airballing my layups anymore
    Join Date
    Jul 2022
    Posts
    109

    Default Re: Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

    Damn. LeBron stans getting smacked up, left and right. You can bring up context, and the fact KD stacked decks. I wouldn't argue with you. But technically KD did out perform LeBron in those finals. Their late game & 4th quarter play is why KD wins the comparison, albeit not by much.

  3. #108
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,217

    Default Re: Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

    Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Kawhileonard2 also makes intelligent posts at times, vote counted

  4. #109
    Great college starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

    Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    In terms of winning a championship, Lebron's teams were 1st in preseason odds 7 times (2011-2016, 2021) and 2nd another 5 times (2010, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022). And they only have 4 titles to show for it. Lebronies can cry as much as they want. Facts are facts. A lot of this "tough competition narrative" was created after the fact. 2011 Mavs weren't that good. The 2014 Spurs weren't getting any all-time great talk until they annihilated the Heat and the series was considered a coin toss by Vegas oddsmakers. The Mavs took those Spurs 7 games and OKC with an injured Ibaka took them 6 games. 2015 is pretty much a pass because of injuries but that's the only year. The 2017 and to a lesser extent 2018 Warriors were legitimately a pretty insane team but Lebron's Cavs were also quite good especially in 2017 and they got obliterated. It's not so much that they lost but how they lost. Even those two series if you look at the predictions the Cavs were supposed to last 6 games. Maybe if Lebron (and his teammates) played some defense they could have.
    Overrating of the 2014 Spurs is one of the biggest ones. You'll find LeBron stans using revisionist history a lot, like their HOF'er arguments for NBA finals, and in this case, the Spurs.

    A lot of it is because Kawhi dominated games 3-5 in that finals, but previously, how was Kawhi playing for the entirety of that playoffs, before games 3-4-5 of the finals?

    '14 Kawhi: 20 games | 12.9 PPG | 6.4 RPG | 1.6 APG | 1.7 STLS| 0.4 BLKS | 56.5 TS%

    We always hear about the ages of players but apparently facing a Celtics team in 2011 that was aging doesn't count.

    KG: 34
    Allen: 35
    Pierce: 33
    Shaq: 38
    J. O'Neal: 33

    How about the Spurs? Duncan was 37 and Ginobili was 36. Parker was 31 and declining.

    I agree the 2017 Cavs were good talent-wise but not 2018.
    Last edited by HoopsNY; 10-02-2022 at 08:25 PM.

  5. #110
    Great college starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

    Quote Originally Posted by MadDogg View Post
    Damn. LeBron stans getting smacked up, left and right. You can bring up context, and the fact KD stacked decks. I wouldn't argue with you. But technically KD did out perform LeBron in those finals. Their late game & 4th quarter play is why KD wins the comparison, albeit not by much.
    You can argue KD stacked the deck in 2017 for sure. But LeBron-Wade-Bosh did the same for 2011-2013 at the very least. A lot of people discredit Wade for his 2013 playoffs but forget that that team won 66 games in the regular season, which allowed for HCA throughout the playoffs.

    At the same time, if LeBron goes elsewhere, I still think he wins 2-3 titles.

  6. #111
    Great college starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

    Bran stans are pretty funny on this topic. They laugh at Jeff Hornacek who was a previous All-Star and sharpshooter and what he did against MJ, but 2012 Ray Allen was 36 putting up 12 PPG on 38/35/77 splits in the ECF.

  7. #112
    raps red1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    GOAT franchise
    Posts
    28,604

    Default Re: Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    This is nonsense, anyone can play that game.

    Wilt would have beaten Russell had you switched sides! Wilt with all those HOFers Russell had would be unfair! MJ would've beaten Bird if they switched sides! MJ with, McHale, Parish, Walton, DJ etc vs Bird with cokehead Woolridge, lol MJ would've annihilated Bird from the face of the Earth!!! LMAO!

    It's a nonsensical argument...only thing your point proves is that your boy tried colluding, and KD bested him there, he colluded better
    those were simple facts. a 73-win team that was 1 shot short of back-to-back rings added the 2nd best player in the world without losing anything because of leGOAT's historic comeback.


    obviously you cant acknowledge simple facts. it goes against your argument.




    everyone had lebron as the best in the world after those two stacked warriors rings, period. it pissed kd off more than it annoys you and other baldan stains.

  8. #113
    raps red1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    GOAT franchise
    Posts
    28,604

    Default Re: Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

    Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    Ohhhhhhh, Jordan choked OFF the court.

    And that's what Bronies have to resort to in trying to prop up their hero.

    I was saying he choked on the court in 95 because he came back rusty...


    because of his choke off the court being a psychotic gambler...

  9. #114
    Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    1,407

    Default Re: Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    An era that included Shaq, DRobinson, TDuncan, Hakeem, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, John Stockton and MJ...yeah I'll put those up against any era, bro. You Bronies have an agenda to discredit MJ because straight up comparing MJ to LeBron, MJ has better per game stats, regular season and playoffs, y'all go by longevity stats and discrediting his competition because frankly that's all you have. He accomplished more than Bran in less time, fact.
    The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
    You Jordan gurglers immediately go into knee jerk overdrive. Nobody said there wasnít talent in the 90s. There is always talent.
    However, the 90s were an era of unprecedented expansion. Expansion that was lopsided to the Eastern conference. That invariable leads to thinning of the talent. Itís undeniable.
    To claim otherwise is inane.

    Do you think Jordan QUIT, or was SUSPENDED?

  10. #115
    Very good NBA starter Full Court's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    8,603

    Default Re: Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

    Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    I was saying he choked on the court in 95 because he came back rusty...


    because of his choke off the court being a psychotic gambler...
    Jordan in '95 averaged 29.3 against Orlando.

    Bronie in 2011 averaged 17.8 against Dallas.

    One of these "chokes" is not like the other.

  11. #116
    It is what it is TheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    19,051

    Default Re: Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    Overrating of the 2014 Spurs is one of the biggest ones. You'll find LeBron stans using revisionist history a lot, like their HOF'er arguments for NBA finals, and in this case, the Spurs.

    A lot of it is because Kawhi dominated games 3-5 in that finals, but previously, how was Kawhi playing for the entirety of that playoffs, before games 3-4-5 of the finals?

    '14 Kawhi: 20 games | 12.9 PPG | 6.4 RPG | 1.6 APG | 1.7 STLS| 0.4 BLKS | 56.5 TS%

    We always hear about the ages of players but apparently facing a Celtics team in 2011 that was aging doesn't count.

    KG: 34
    Allen: 35
    Pierce: 33
    Shaq: 38
    J. O'Neal: 33

    How about the Spurs? Duncan was 37 and Ginobili was 36. Parker was 31 and declining.

    I agree the 2017 Cavs were good talent-wise but not 2018.
    Rat poison for Bronies

  12. #117
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,217

    Default Re: Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    Overrating of the 2014 Spurs is one of the biggest ones. You'll find LeBron stans using revisionist history a lot, like their HOF'er arguments for NBA finals, and in this case, the Spurs.

    A lot of it is because Kawhi dominated games 3-5 in that finals, but previously, how was Kawhi playing for the entirety of that playoffs, before games 3-4-5 of the finals?

    '14 Kawhi: 20 games | 12.9 PPG | 6.4 RPG | 1.6 APG | 1.7 STLS| 0.4 BLKS | 56.5 TS%
    Judging that team by individual stats is the worst thing you can do. They were one of the best passing teams this league has ever seen, finished the year with 62 wins which was the most in the NBA and had an SRS of 8.0 which was also #1 in the NBA, not to mention a top 3 defense. From about 2012-2014 they were destroying teams despite not having a superstar, I remember their 2012 team sweep a good Clippers team in the 2nd round and every game seemed like a blowout.



    Everyone acknowledged how great that Spurs team was when they won a title in 2014, they just get kinda overlooked now because the Warriors became even more of a force just a short time afterwards. Not to mention LeBron basically had no help in the Finals that year.
    Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 10-03-2022 at 10:13 AM.

  13. #118
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,217

    Default Re: Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

    Rat poison for TheMan

  14. #119
    College superstar dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,352

    Default Re: Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

    There is no indication that the 2014 Spurs were much more than an average championship-level team. Until they of course annihilated the Heat in the finals and then they had to be elevated to save Lebron's legacy. 62 wins and +8 SRS is nothing to write home about. Most champions in history are around there in those metrics.

    2014 Spurs ORtg
    Regular Season: 110.5
    1st Round vs Dallas: 103.1
    West Semis vs Portland: 113.1
    West Finals vs OKC: 114.4
    Finals vs Heat: 120.8

    The truth is that in the 2014 Finals Lebron put up nice boxscore stats but had limited impact outside of Game 2 and was just terrible on the defensive end. While he wouldn't by any means take all the blame, he didn't play that well. And for his team to be that putrid defensively... It's a pretty bad look.

    In fact the three highest ORtg in Finals history all happened on Lebron's watch...

  15. #120
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,217

    Default Re: Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

    Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    There is no indication that the 2014 Spurs were much more than an average championship-level team. Until they of course annihilated the Heat in the finals and then they had to be elevated to save Lebron's legacy. 62 wins and +8 SRS is nothing to write home about. Most champions in history are around there in those metrics.

    2014 Spurs ORtg
    Regular Season: 110.5
    1st Round vs Dallas: 103.1
    West Semis vs Portland: 113.1
    West Finals vs OKC: 114.4
    Finals vs Heat: 120.8

    The truth is that in the 2014 Finals Lebron put up nice boxscore stats but had limited impact outside of Game 2 and was just terrible on the defensive end. While he wouldn't by any means take all the blame, he didn't play that well. And for his team to be that putrid defensively... It's a pretty bad look.

    In fact the three highest ORtg in Finals history all happened on Lebron's watch...
    SRS nothing to write home about? For comparison sake the '87 Lakers had an SRS of 8.3, which is similar to the Spurs SRS and many consider them a top 5 team ever. The '85 Lakers had an SRS of 6.48, I'm guessing they weren't a great team as well. '83 Sixers? 7.5 SRS.

    We all now know that you're an agenda based poster based on you rigging the 2017 playoff MVP thread against LeBron, I told HoopsNY you held a bias against LeBron, but even I didn't know you would take it this far. The fact that you still show your face here after rigging that voting is embarrassing. And I still haven't gotten a good explanation to why you allowed some obvious troll votes for KD.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •