Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Default Re: Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    SRS nothing to write home about? For comparison sake the '87 Lakers had an SRS of 8.3, which is similar to the Spurs SRS and many consider them a top 5 team ever. The '85 Lakers had an SRS of 6.48, I'm guessing they weren't a great team as well. '83 Sixers? 7.5 SRS.
    How serious can we take your opinion since your were basically caught rigging a playoff MVP voting against LeBron in 2017 in favor of Durant?

At the end of the day we all know you are an agenda based poster based on you rigging the 2017 playoff MVP thread against LeBron, I told HoopsNY you held a bias against LeBron, but even I didn't know you would take it this far. The fact that you still show your face here after rigging that voting is embarrassing. And I still haven't gotten a good explanation to why you allowed some obvious troll votes for KD.
    Ya ya my agenda blah blah blah. Anyone who doesn't have Lebron as the GOAT is biased in your eyes.

Finding a few all-time great teams with lower SRS proves nothing. +8 SRS is not exceptional. The Spurs elevated their ORtg by 10.3 points over the regular season average against the Heat. The Heat are the only team they looked that devastating against. You just can't handle facts.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    You just can't handle facts.
    You couldn't handle the fact that LeBron won 2017 voting so you rigged it

Great college starter

Judging that team by individual stats is the worst thing you can do. They were one of the best passing teams this league has ever seen, finished the year with 62 wins which was the most in the NBA and had an SRS of 8.0 which was also #1 in the NBA, not to mention a top 3 defense. From about 2012-2014 they were destroying teams despite not having a superstar, I remember their 2012 team sweep a good Clippers team in the 2nd round and every game seemed like a blowout.

Everyone acknowledged how great that Spurs team was when they won a title in 2014, they just get kinda overlooked now because the Warriors became even more of a force just a short time afterwards. Not to mention LeBron basically had no help in the Finals that year.
    If you want to get an argument from me that the Spurs were not a great team, then you won't get one. Obviously they were. My point is that it is revisionist history to think that the Spurs were some all-time great team that far surpassed anything that MJ faced, which Bran stans regularly post on this forum. I simply don't believe that and believe it's revisionist history to state otherwise.

The Spurs were taken to 7 games against Dallas in the first round. Then the Thunder lost Serge Ibaka for 2 games in the WCF, losing both games. That series was 4-2. The point is, the finals stood out in particular after the fact. Otherwise, the Spurs were another great team in the finals like most teams are.

Kawhi was putting up 12/6/2/2/0 on 56.5 TS% through the playoffs. In the last three games of the finals he put up something like 24/9/2/2/2 on an insane 81% TS%. Basically, it's an anomaly. It wasn't indicative of his level of play at that time.

While LeBron's box score looked impressive, those who watched the series knew what happened when Kawhi pressed him and how absent he was on defense, particularly in those last 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    Jordan in '95 averaged 29.3 against Orlando.

Bronie in 2011 averaged 17.8 against Dallas.

One of these "chokes" is not like the other.
    I dont remember how much baldan scored I just remember he wasnt himself and it led to a sizzling L from the time off

its all good guys. the record will show it all.

spurs would have gone 6/6, lebron is the only player with a finals MVP over them.

that roster looks stacked in hindsight. back then we were hating on them for duncan's age as their best player which is lebron's age now. now we know that kawhi ginobili parker and even danny green patty mills and belinelli who were all lights out, plus duncan splitter diaw in the frontcourt - that's a great team who took advantage of dwade running out of steam and the heat's role-players being on their last legs in their 4th finals in a row.

that 2013 back-to-back ring looks great in hindsight. we'll take that.

Rat poison for TheMan
    It seems to me I'm in your skull rent free, you follow me around like a lost puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    TheGoatest lives rent free in my skull
    We know.

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    I dont remember how much baldan scored I just remember he wasnt himself and it led to a sizzling L from the time off

its all good guys. the record will show it all.

spurs would have gone 6/6, lebron is the only player with a finals MVP over them.

that roster looks stacked in hindsight. back then we were hating on them for duncan's age as their best player which is lebron's age now. now we know that kawhi ginobili parker and even danny green patty mills and belinelli who were all lights out, plus duncan splitter diaw in the frontcourt - that's a great team who took advantage of dwade running out of steam and the heat's role-players being on their last legs in their 4th finals in a row.

that 2013 back-to-back ring looks great in hindsight. we'll take that.
    Had Leonard and Ginobili not miss crucial FTs, and then the Spurs not secure that rebound from LeBron's brick and Ray Ray not hit one of the most clutch threes ever, LeBron should've rightly lost those Finals. Good on Bran for finally pulling his head out of his ass but those 2013 Finals should've gone to the Spurs had they executed down the stretch. Ray Ray knows what's up, that's why he consistently calls MJ the GOAT, he played against past his prime MJ, played against and with peak LeBron, so his opinion has much more weight than anyone here, especially biased Bronies like Lakers_1987, who loves following me around.

We know.
    I answer his posts as much as you answer mine, so if he's in my head, then fine but I'm in yours

Had Leonard and Ginobili not miss crucial FTs, and then the Spurs not secure that rebound from LeBron's brick and Ray Ray not hit one of the most clutch threes ever, LeBron should've rightly lost those Finals. Good on Bran for finally pulling his head out of his ass but those 2013 Finals should've gone to the Spurs had they executed down the stretch. Ray Ray knows what's up, that's why he consistently calls MJ the GOAT, he played against past his prime MJ, played against and with peak LeBron, so his opinion has much more weight than anyone here, especially biased Bronies like Lakers_1987, who loves following me around.
    If, if, if. Poor TheStan

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    If, if, if. Poor TheStan
    Poor? WTF lol. Don't worry about me, pal...I'm having a blast watching you Bronies pathetically flail away at the GOAT Going on twenty years and still chasing that ghost, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    If, if, if. Poor TheStan

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Wait, you’re calling others biased with statements like “ should've rightly lost those Finals.” and “2013 Finals should've gone to the Spurs”?

Very good NBA starter Full Court's Avatar

Bronie has to catch Wilt before he can even think about catching Jordan.

Banned

Conclusion:
    No stats "prove" shit about jordon being the GOAT over LeBron.
    No team winning-related argument proves shit about jordon being the GOAT over Bill Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post
    Conclusion:
    No stats "prove" shit about jordon being the GOAT over LeBron.
    No team winning-related argument proves shit about jordon being the GOAT over Bill Russell.
    Guess you didn't watch the video. Your boy ain't nothing without longevity, he never dominated his era, couldn't even do ONE threepeat