Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter Full Court's Avatar

Default Re: Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    lebron was the best player in 8 finals.

2011 is a proven anomaly easily explained by the new role of sharing the ball.

he won the next two finals MVPs in a row and was the best player in the next 8 NBA finals.
    He wasn't the best player in 8 finals. But that aside, you dodged my question about how many finals did Jordan choke.

I'll go ahead and answer it for you.

NONE.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    KD was better than Lebron in the 2017 Finals and they were neck and neck in the 2018 Finals. Lebron definitely didn't come out of either of those series looking clearly better than Durant.
    Yet almost everyone would agree he was/is better. KD had very little pressure compared to the guy you hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    LeKong was obviously better in 2018 only because of the scrubs he had in his team; they have a paltry record in the rs without him. Kyrie wasn't there to share some load anymore while kevin love has become unreliable by that time. The rest are pretty meh. I'm not sure why those aren't brought up whenever someone mentions the carry-job he did four years ago. Because his numbers wouldn't be insane if he had useful teammates bt.
    In terms of who was the better player taking the whole season and playoffs into account the majority of people would side with Lebron myself included but my post was about the finals specifically.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

KD was better than Lebron in the 2017 Finals
    We know that's how you feel, you even tried to rig 2017 playoff voting for KD despite LeBron getting more votes.

In terms of who was the better player taking the whole season and playoffs into account the majority of people would side with Lebron myself included but my post was about the finals specifically.
    No doubt. And he'd be the unanimous fmvp had the cavs somehow won that series instead.

Banned

KD was better than Lebron in the 2017 Finals

Terry Cummings was better than jordon in the 1985 first round.
    Adrian Dantley was better than jordon in the 1988 ECF.
    Nick Anderson was better than jordon in the 1995 second round.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post

Terry Cummings was better than jordon in the 1985 first round.
    Adrian Dantley was better than jordon in the 1988 ECF.
    Nick Anderson was better than jordon in the 1995 second round.
    This is why you aren't taken seriously and considered a terrible poster, well actually you're considered to be quite stupid...the video stated that MJ was never outscored in any playoffs series he was involved in except his first as a rookie and by one point by Terry Cummings.

1988 ECSFs Adrian Dantley 18.6 pts pg, 50% FG, 2.6 asts and 5 rebs

Micheal Jordan 27.4 pts pg, 49% FG, 4.6 asts and 8.8 rebs

Just looking at those stats at first glance only an idiot would come to the conclusion that Dantley had a better series.

1995 ECSFs Nick Anderson 15.2 pts pg, 44% FG, 2.3 asts and 4.3 rebs

Micheal Jordan 31 pts pg, 47% FG, 3.7 asts and 6.5 rebs

Again, just simply looking at those stats, only a retarded knuckledragger like you would come to the conclusion that Anderson had a better series. And I didn't even mention the defensive side of the ball, no serious person would claim those two were better than MJ, in particular Dantley.

You flat out lied, you post shit that's not true hoping people won't notice. In a serious forum you would've been banned long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    He wasn't the best player in 8 finals. But that aside, you dodged my question about how many finals did Jordan choke.

I'll go ahead and answer it for you.

NONE.
    jordan choked off the court by getting himself suspended and then coming back rusty 95.

lebron was the best player in 8 finals. I'm sorry I cant give 2017 to kd.

kyrie is great.

kd was playing with curry AND klay - the two best shooters in the league

AND he had iggy and dray defending for him.

that is way too stacked and is literally the starting western conference all-star team, and the same exact roster that won 73 games and came 1 shot short of winning the ring without him the year before.

lebron would've swept kd and kyrie if their roles were reversed and he joined the 2016, 73-win warriors to play against kd and kyrie.

at least lebron and kyrie took a game off the 73 win warriors plus KD which is what the 2017 warriors were.

it would be laughable

jordan choked off the court by getting himself suspended and then coming back rusty 95.

kyrie is great.

that is way too stacked and is literally the starting western conference all-star team, and the same exact roster that won 73 games and came 1 shot short of winning the ring without him the year before.

lebron would've swept kd and kyrie if their roles were reversed and he joined the 2016, 73-win warriors to play against kd and kyrie.

at least lebron and kyrie took a game off the 73 win warriors plus KD which is what the 2017 warriors were.

it would be laughable
    This is nonsense, anyone can play that game.

Wilt would have beaten Russell had you switched sides! Wilt with all those HOFers Russell had would be unfair! MJ would've beaten Bird if they switched sides! MJ with, McHale, Parish, Walton, DJ etc vs Bird with cokehead Woolridge, lol MJ would've annihilated Bird from the face of the Earth!!! LMAO!

It's a nonsensical argument...only thing your point proves is that your boy tried colluding, and KD bested him there, he colluded better

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    This is nonsense, anyone can play that game.

Wilt would have beaten Russell had you switched sides! Wilt with all those HOFers Russell had would be unfair!
    How do you know this? From about 1965-1969 Wilt had a similar or better cast than Russell and only beat him one time during that span.

How do you explain Wilt having Jerry West playing out of his mind in 1969 and still lose to old Russell who is past his prime?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    How do you know this? From about 1965-1969 Wilt had a similar or better cast than Russell and only beat him one time during that span.

How do you explain Wilt having Jerry West playing out of his mind in 1969 and still lose to old Russell who is past his prime?
    Yeah that's a tough one but my point stands, you can't complain about switching sides, it's nonsensical.

Very good NBA starter Full Court's Avatar

kyrie is great.

it would be laughable
    Ohhhhhhh, Jordan choked OFF the court.

And that's what Bronies have to resort to in trying to prop up their hero.

In terms of winning a championship, Lebron's teams were 1st in preseason odds 7 times (2011-2016, 2021) and 2nd another 5 times (2010, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022). And they only have 4 titles to show for it. Lebronies can cry as much as they want. Facts are facts. A lot of this "tough competition narrative" was created after the fact. 2011 Mavs weren't that good. The 2014 Spurs weren't getting any all-time great talk until they annihilated the Heat and the series was considered a coin toss by Vegas oddsmakers. The Mavs took those Spurs 7 games and OKC with an injured Ibaka took them 6 games. 2015 is pretty much a pass because of injuries but that's the only year. The 2017 and to a lesser extent 2018 Warriors were legitimately a pretty insane team but Lebron's Cavs were also quite good especially in 2017 and they got obliterated. It's not so much that they lost but how they lost. Even those two series if you look at the predictions the Cavs were supposed to last 6 games. Maybe if Lebron (and his teammates) played some defense they could have.

In terms of winning a championship, Lebron's teams were 1st in preseason odds 7 times (2011-2016, 2021) and 2nd another 5 times (2010, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022). And they only have 4 titles to show for it. Lebronies can cry as much as they want. .

Only person crying was you when you got called out for rigging the 2017 Playoff MVP voting.