Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: NASA successfully crash lands spacecraft into an asteroid

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    I think DeGrasse Tyson answers that skepticsm best here:

I use to enjoy his spacetalk show until i realized how much of a sellout he is and how pursuit of government grants at his observatory.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    I think DeGrasse Tyson answers that skepticsm best here:

lol what? i think the common consensus here is that they didn’t fake it off the bat, they tried for many many years and when they finally realized it is going to be impossible they recorded a fake moon landing and shot the rocket into space

they have buildings full of blueprints that were saved according to tyson…..but they somehow “misplaced” all the telemetry data?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    lol what? i think the common consensus here is that they didn’t fake it off the bat, they tried for many many years and when they finally realized it is going to be impossible they recorded a fake moon landing and shot the rocket into space

they have buildings full of blueprints that were saved according to tyson…..but they somehow “misplaced” all the telemetry data?
    Yeah, his answer here is bogus. The United States had to land on the moon first in order to beat Russia. The Cold War depended on it. You can fire a million rockets into space, but landing on a moon that's over 238,000 miles away is something else entirely.