Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Tuscon Police Department SWAT Officers Shoot Suspect After Aiming Gun at K-9's Head

He ****ed around and found out.

Arizona police shot a suspect to death after he pointed a handgun at a police dog’s head, video shows.

The Tucson Police department released body cam footage Tuesday of Francisco Javier Galarza aiming a semi-automatic at a K9 named Kiro, as the dog brought the runaway suspect to the ground.

Police instantly opened fire on the man, killing him with several shots.

According to the department, Galarza was wanted on a felony arrest warrant for home invasion and bank robbery.

The 49-year-old was spotted entering a convenience store just before noon on Aug. 25. Police confronted him in the parking lot, but Galarza immediately tried to run away.

“Police! Get down!” Officers can be heard telling Galarza several times in the video as he runs.

Officer Barry Peterson, a 15-year veteran, released Kiro, who tackled Galarza to the ground.

From both body camera perspectives, Galarza can be seen pointing the gun at Kiro.

“Gun,” an officer says before Peterson and another officer discharged their own guns, killing Galarza.

Multiple agencies are reviewing the footage to determine whether the deadly use of force was warranted in the case.

Galarza has a lengthy criminal history record in Pima County, News13 reported.

In 1992, he was sentenced to three years in prison. Two years later, he was convicted of drug possession and was sentenced to four years.

In 2000, Galarza was convicted of vehicle theft. A year later, he was convicted on six counts of robbery armed and armed robbery and received an 11-year sentence. Upon release, he was convicted of armed robbery again and sentenced to another 7.5 years.

Default Re: Tuscon Police Department SWAT Officers Shoot Suspect After Aiming Gun at K-9's He

Well, police k9s are sworn in like full-fledged police officers from what I read so I can see the respect. Aiming a gun at a police dog is the same as aiming at an officer.

Default Re: Tuscon Police Department SWAT Officers Shoot Suspect After Aiming Gun at K-9's He

Police did the right thing. Had he killed the dog then what? He would go peacefully into custody? Lol

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Dog or no dog. The second he whipped out his pistol it was game over.

Multiple cops in body armor advancing on me, I've fallen to the ground, I think it's a good idea to whip out my pistol....

Then again, I think most criminals are in the position they are in is because they have a genetic lack of impulse control. Those biological instincts we needed thousands of years ago while fighting off dangerous beasts, is obviously no longer needed in modern hunans but it seems like these idiots still tend to breed...a lot

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Another vid released today. Cop pulls up to an active shooting scene sipping his Starbucks. Calmly places his coffee in cup holder. Calmly gets out of his car, opens up his rear hatch and takes rifle out of it's case all the while being shot at. Takes aim and fires a single round dropping suspect at 183 yards. I'm not impressed with a lot of cop's weapon proficiency we see on video but this is pretty nice.

An AR-15 is pretty accurate but with a red dot sight, they aren't exactly tack drivers. I'm hitting center mass most of the time at 150-200 yards with a red dot or holo sight but it's definitely not 100% and not in a high stress situation so this is pretty impressive. The other 2 officers fired multiple rounds and missed all their shots.

Skip to end

Even if he didn't aim it at the dog's head him getting shot was warranted. He wasn't dropping the weapon and was waving it around towards police. He made his choice by running and pulling a gun.