Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 69
  1. #31
    raps red1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    GOAT franchise
    Posts
    28,595

    Default Re: Anthony Davis already has made more all star games than Scottie Pippen

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Blame LeGM, he should've recruited another top tier player (like does every offseason).
    it is what it is. at least AD came through 2020.


    AD and lebron still have another ring in them. knock on wood that "the fragile one" doesnt go down AGAIN. that would literally be the 3rd year in a row of being unavailable for the postseason. so again, knock on wood.

  2. #32
    It is what it is TheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    19,034

    Default Re: Anthony Davis already has made more all star games than Scottie Pippen

    Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    it is what it is. at least AD came through 2020.


    AD and lebron still have another ring in them. knock on wood that "the fragile one" doesnt go down AGAIN. that would literally be the 3rd year in a row of being unavailable for the postseason. so again, knock on wood.
    Nope, too many younger and better teams right now, LeBron and a healthy AD aren't enough, maybe if they can recruit KD or another top 10 player but I just don't see the Lakers having enough quality role players to hang with the deeper teams.

  3. #33
    Very good NBA starter Full Court's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    8,418

    Default Re: Anthony Davis already has made more all star games than Scottie Pippen

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Nope, too many younger and better teams right now, LeBron and a healthy AD aren't enough, maybe if they can recruit KD or another top 10 player but I just don't see the Lakers having enough quality role players to hang with the deeper teams.
    You're forgetting that they have Westbrook - multiple-time all star, former MVP, and all time triple double leader.

  4. #34
    It is what it is TheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    19,034

    Default Re: Anthony Davis already has made more all star games than Scottie Pippen

    Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    You're forgetting that they have Westbrook - multiple-time all star, former MVP, and all time triple double leader.
    Westbrook has fallen off from his peak noticeably...plus he's a horrible fit with James.

  5. #35
    College superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    4,551

    Default Re: Anthony Davis already has made more all star games than Scottie Pippen

    Davis led the team in PER and win Shares for a team that won it all while before he came they missed the playoffs.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    5,055

    Default Re: Anthony Davis already has made more all star games than Scottie Pippen

    Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    AD = always damaged


    fragile ass just threw 2 season away in a row. the goodwill from the 2020 ring is wearing out, we have bald gambling sociopaths to catch over here.
    The guy with the many alts, who also wrote the last 3 posts prior to this one agrees:


  7. #37
    raps red1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    GOAT franchise
    Posts
    28,595

    Default Re: Anthony Davis already has made more all star games than Scottie Pippen

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Nope, too many younger and better teams right now, LeBron and a healthy AD aren't enough, maybe if they can recruit KD or another top 10 player but I just don't see the Lakers having enough quality role players to hang with the deeper teams.
    lakers will make a run. AD and lebron are too good. they have had a lot of rest too despite lebrons age and AD's fragility.


    bron is superhuman so he will have a great season, it is expected. we will see if the fragile one can one hold up.

  8. #38
    It is what it is TheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    19,034

    Default Re: Anthony Davis already has made more all star games than Scottie Pippen

    Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    lakers will make a run. AD and lebron are too good. they have had a lot of rest too despite lebrons age and AD's fragility.


    bron is superhuman so he will have a great season, it is expected. we will see if the fragile one can one hold up.
    LeBron has held up, but honestly that's because he hasn't played defense for at least a half decade. Healthy AD, yes they will make the playoffs but they can't hang with younger deeper teams.

  9. #39
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,120

    Default Re: Anthony Davis already has made more all star games than Scottie Pippen

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    LeBron has held up, but honestly that's because he hasn't played defense for at least a half decade. Healthy AD, yes they will make the playoffs but they can't hang with younger deeper teams.
    Someone didn't watch the 2020 season, LeBron was solid on the defensive end that year.

  10. #40
    It is what it is TheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    19,034

    Default Re: Anthony Davis already has made more all star games than Scottie Pippen

    Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Someone didn't watch the 2020 season, LeBron was solid on the defensive end that year.
    I saw enough to where I saw a noticeable drop off when he could actually defend quick guards. He couldn't anymore bro, take off your rose colored glasses. He can still get it done on the offense but he's nowhere near when he was a stud on defense. AD made a bigger impact on defense.

  11. #41
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,120

    Default Re: Anthony Davis already has made more all star games than Scottie Pippen

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    I saw enough to where I saw a noticeable drop off when he could actually defend quick guards. He couldn't anymore bro, take off your rose colored glasses. He can still get it done on the offense but he's nowhere near when he was a stud on defense. AD made a bigger impact on defense.
    Don't lie, I know you were not watching games.




  12. #42
    It is what it is TheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    19,034

    Default Re: Anthony Davis already has made more all star games than Scottie Pippen

    Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Don't lie, I know you were not watching games.



    Are trying to argue that James was the best defender on his team in 2020? That he had the biggest defensive impact?

  13. #43
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,120

    Default Re: Anthony Davis already has made more all star games than Scottie Pippen

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Are trying to argue that James was the best defender on his team in 2020? That he had the biggest defensive impact?
    I'm saying he was a good defender. Anyone who watched the Lakers that season will tell you that.

    You saying he hasn't played defense in 5 years in flat out wrong.

    Hold the L and move on.

  14. #44
    It is what it is TheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    19,034

    Default Re: Anthony Davis already has made more all star games than Scottie Pippen

    Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    I'm saying he was a good defender. Anyone who watched the Lakers that season will tell you that.

    You saying he hasn't played defense in 5 years in flat out wrong.

    Hold the L and move on.
    So did he get any votes for any All NBA defensive teams?

  15. #45
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,120

    Default Re: Anthony Davis already has made more all star games than Scottie Pippen

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    So did he get any votes for any All NBA defensive teams?
    Yes, he got 7 votes in 2020 as a matter of fact.

    OTHER PLAYERS RECEIVING VOTES: FORWARDS

    LeBron James (L.A. Lakers) 7


    https://www.nba.com/2019-20-all-defe...ficial-release

    Stop while you're behind.
    Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 10-02-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •