Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    High School Varsity 6th Man
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    765

    Default Larry Bird without a dribble.

    I saw a video that showed Larry scoring 42 pts in a game. During the game he only dribbled the ball 7 times. 7 times the whole game. He dribbled it 2 time during 2 drives and 1 time during 3 drives. He scored on 4 of the 5 times. The other 34 points he scored without a dribble. Catch and shoot, cut to the basket and post ups. I thought that was amazing and I have never seen anyone else do anything close to it.

  2. #2
    NBA Superstar MrFonzworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    14,556

    Default Re: Larry Bird without a dribble.

    1Klay Thompson scored 60 points with only 11 dribbles.

  3. #3
    Good High School Starter 100grandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    956

    Default Re: Larry Bird without a dribble.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    1Klay Thompson scored 60 points with only 11 dribbles.
    Thread over

  4. #4
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
    Posts
    43,016

    Default Re: Larry Bird without a dribble.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    1Klay Thompson scored 60 points with only 11 dribbles.
    easier to do when the other team can't touch you

  5. #5
    NBA Superstar MrFonzworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    14,556

    Default Re: Larry Bird without a dribble.



    https://www.basketball-reference.com...603180BOS.html

    Found the game I believe OP is referencing, correct me if I'm wrong. What video did you see OP? The highlights of the video only show Bird take 7 dribbles, but it doesn't show the rest of the time Bird spent on the floor. I find it hard to believe that Bird didn't dribble once in the 25 minutes of playing time unaccounted for.

  6. #6
    Bitch Hands fsvr54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,194

    Default Re: Larry Bird without a dribble.

    Antwan Jamison would do stuff like that all the time too

  7. #7
    NBA Superstar MrFonzworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    14,556

    Default Re: Larry Bird without a dribble.



    Zydrunas Ilgauskas 30 points with 5 dribbles. Amazing!

  8. #8
    NBA Superstar MrFonzworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    14,556

    Default Re: Larry Bird without a dribble.

    This might be the greatest performance of all time.



    DeAndre Jordan: 30 points, ONE dribble

  9. #9
    NBA Superstar MrFonzworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    14,556

    Default Re: Larry Bird without a dribble.



    John Collins: 35 points, ONE dribble.

  10. #10
    NBA lottery pick bizil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,284

    Default Re: Larry Bird without a dribble.

    When it comes to offense from a stationary position or off a bounce or two, Bird is the most SKILLED player of all time! Because from ANYWHERE on the court he's a threat to score. And from there, he's arguably the best passing forward ever. So the skill Bird showed with minimal dribbling is unmatched in NBA history.

  11. #11
    ISH jizzrag slayer Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Thousand Tarns
    Posts
    28,762

    Default Re: Larry Bird without a dribble.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post


    https://www.basketball-reference.com...603180BOS.html

    Found the game I believe OP is referencing, correct me if I'm wrong. What video did you see OP? The highlights of the video only show Bird take 7 dribbles, but it doesn't show the rest of the time Bird spent on the floor. I find it hard to believe that Bird didn't dribble once in the 25 minutes of playing time unaccounted for.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post


    Zydrunas Ilgauskas 30 points with 5 dribbles. Amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    This might be the greatest performance of all time.



    DeAndre Jordan: 30 points, ONE dribble
    OP ran.

  12. #12
    Very good NBA starter Full Court's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    8,616

    Default Re: Larry Bird without a dribble.

    Off ball greatness is an underrated skill these days.

  13. #13
    High School Varsity 6th Man
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: Larry Bird without a dribble.

    I didn't run. If you can't see the difference btw Big Z and Jordan and Larry Birds' skill sets I don't know what to tell you. Klay Thompson is a little more like Bird, but he is still basically a catch-and-shoot player. I wasn't saying Bird was the only one who could do it, I just thought it was kind of amazing considering everything.

  14. #14
    NBA Superstar MrFonzworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    14,556

    Default Re: Larry Bird without a dribble.

    Quote Originally Posted by colts19 View Post
    I didn't run. If you can't see the difference btw Big Z and Jordan and Larry Birds' skill sets I don't know what to tell you. Klay Thompson is a little more like Bird, but he is still basically a catch-and-shoot player. I wasn't saying Bird was the only one who could do it, I just thought it was kind of amazing considering everything.
    My point is that you can't just count dribbles in highlights and say he didn't dribble the rest of the game if the rest of the footage doesn't exist. Obviously John Collins dribbled more than one time, but the highlights only show him take one dribble, and it's just as ridiculous as saying Bird dribbled only 7 times.

    Also Klay catching on fire and scoring 60 off of catch and shoots is far more impressive than bird cutting to the basket with a huge size advantage and scoring.

  15. #15
    Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,405

    Default Re: Larry Bird without a dribble.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •