Watch

Just having a debate with my poker friends

Is this a legit call?

Would you do this play?

Default Re: Poker Players Opinion

Video removed
    Here's another

The best poker players are really good in cold reads meaning they can usually tell what the other person has which obviously greatly influences their decision whether to stay in the hand or not. They can do this because of a lot of experience plus very meticulous study of the game.

I wouldn’t have called, but I just stared at her tits the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    The best poker players are really good in cold reads meaning they can usually tell what the other person has which obviously greatly influences their decision whether to stay in the hand or not. They can do this because of a lot of experience plus very meticulous study of the game.
    It was a terrible call, despite the reads. Even her reasoning had holes.

3-time NBA All-Star

Garrett is s f'ing baby for this

He should be cancelled especially because he had an encounter with her afterwards where he bullied her to get the money back (and succeeded)

How many times has someone gotten stubborn, mad, or shook in a hand and decided not to fold??

Any experienced player will see this happen several times in their career and I'm sure this isn't the first time some yahoo or bimbo decided to take a stand against Garrett

For him to get mad and accuse of cheating is immature and childish.. The fact that he bullied her to return the money is cancellable.

Ultimately, the message is that no one can outplay Garrett or play like a donkey against him..... or you will be accused of cheating... It's absurd

And why can't she put him on 87 specifically - that's the only realistic draw if we give credence to her blockers to QJ... If someone wants to think this crap and call with J-high, who is Garrett to say they're cheating?
    Last edited by 3ba11; 10-01-2022 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Garrett is s f'ing baby for this

He should be cancelled especially because he had an encounter with her afterwards where he bullied her to get the money back (and succeeded)

How many times has someone gotten stubborn, mad, or shook in a hand and decided not to fold??

Any experienced player will see this happen several times in their career and I'm sure this isn't the first time some yahoo or bimbo decided to take a stand against Garrett

For him to get mad and accuse of cheating is immature and childish.. The fact that he bullied her to return the money is cancellable.

Ultimately, the message is that no one can outplay Garrett or play like a donkey against him..... or you will be accused of cheating... It's absurd

And why can't she put him on 87 specifically - that's the only realistic draw if we give credence to her blockers to QJ... If someone wants to think this crap and call with J-high, who is Garrett to say they're cheating?
    1-9

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    It was a terrible call, despite the reads. Even her reasoning had holes.
    She thought she had J3 instead of J4, but probably remembered her jack was the jack of clubs, which both limited the range of the opponent and gave her a blocker in case he had a flush draw.
    That's my guess based on one of the YT comments which said she had J3 the hand before this one and her asking if he had a ace high flush draw before any of them turned their hand.

Still a pretty gutsy call with bottom pair, but I'd assume Garret's range is also pretty polarized with the paired bord, close to nuts or draw - and it that case the jack of clubs is a pretty good card to hold. I didn't watch him much though and I've never played against him, so maybe his range here is wider idk, but her thinking J3 is only thing I can get to make sense based on what's said in the hand.

Meh, he's just acting shocked to get more attention. Phil Helmuth make a living doing this. If you play poker, this happens to you so many times that it's impossible to be shocked when it happens.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    Meh, he's just acting shocked to get more attention. Phil Helmuth make a living doing this. If you play poker, this happens to you so many times that it's impossible to be shocked when it happens.
    I play poker. Hero calls like this are not normal. This is one of the crazier hands I've ever seen. I've seen things of this nature from novice players or players new to the game but that is not what Robbi Jade is. I do not believe she cheated here because if she were aware of his draw she would have known she couldn't get him off the hand making it pointless to call down with J4. She got very lucky that he didn't hit running 2x. I think she had a brain fart of some sort. Either that or she read his bluff and was just fed up with being bluffed. She comments that "guys always bluff me". So she called out of sheer frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates View Post
    I play poker. Hero calls like this are not normal. This is one of the crazier hands I've ever seen. I've seen things of this nature from novice players or players new to the game but that is not what Robbi Jade is. I do not believe she cheated here because if she were aware of his draw she would have known she couldn't get him off the hand making it pointless to call down with J4. She got very lucky that he didn't hit running 2x. I think she had a brain fart of some sort. Either that or she read his bluff and was just fed up with being bluffed. She comments that "guys always bluff me". So she called out of sheer frustration.
    Pretty bad emotion call though. Especially Jack high. Hold a 4 is not a good option with blocker. She's blocking a straight when a flush and trips on the board? That's a total emotion call. Not final table worthy

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    Pretty bad emotion call though. Especially Jack high. Hold a 4 is not a good option with blocker. She's blocking a straight when a flush and trips on the board? That's a total emotion call. Not final table worthy
    The entire episode can be seen here.

I've watched it all. She goes on to say that she misread her hand as J3 and Ivey was later interviewed and he reads the situation as the same. It's a believable story. She does look at her cards several times but my thoughts are that she is looking without really thinking about it. It's an anxious movement she is used to doing in the middle of a hand, like shuffling chips. She's just looking while contemplating the call and not really looking at her cards, she's already mentally clocked in that she has J3.

I think part of the problem was that she was too embarrassed to admit she misread her hand which is completely understandable because she's on TV with some of the greatest poker players there are. But then when Garrett left and accused her of cheating she realized the severity of the situation and fessed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates View Post
    The entire episode can be seen here.

I've watched it all. She goes on to say that she misread her hand as J3 and Ivey was later interviewed and he reads the situation as the same. It's a believable story. She does look at her cards several times but my thoughts are that she is looking without really thinking about it. It's an anxious movement she is used to doing in the middle of a hand, like shuffling chips. She's just looking while contemplating the call and not really looking at her cards, she's already mentally clocked in that she has J3.

I think part of the problem was that she was too embarrassed to admit she misread her hand which is completely understandable because she's on TV with some of the greatest poker players there are. But then when Garrett left and accused her of cheating she realized the severity of the situation and fessed up.
    Even if 3, bottom pair enough to call all in? I think it was a woman who's ego surfaced and refused to back down at the wrong time. She did say she was feeling bullied.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    She thought she had J3 instead of J4, but probably remembered her jack was the jack of clubs, which both limited the range of the opponent and gave her a blocker in case he had a flush draw.
    That's my guess based on one of the YT comments which said she had J3 the hand before this one and her asking if he had a ace high flush draw before any of them turned their hand.

Still a pretty gutsy call with bottom pair, but I'd assume Garret's range is also pretty polarized with the paired bord, close to nuts or draw - and it that case the jack of clubs is a pretty good card to hold. I didn't watch him much though and I've never played against him, so maybe his range here is wider idk, but her thinking J3 is only thing I can get to make sense based on what's said in the hand.
    I don't want to give away my identity by talking too much about poker, but Jc (Jack of clubs) is actually one of the worst cards she can hold. When hero calling, you want to UNBLOCK, not block your opponent's bluffing range. In non-poker terms, you want your opponent to be holding Jc (Jack of clubs) so that it puts more bluffs in their range...you do NOT want to be holding that card in Robbi's spot, ever. You're throwing out these poker terms and using them incorrectly.

proof that therapy doesn't work.