Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Poker Players Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_AAP View Post
    I don't want to give away my identity by talking too much about poker, but Jc (Jack of clubs) is actually one of the worst cards she can hold. When hero calling, you want to UNBLOCK, not block your opponent's bluffing range. In non-poker terms, you want your opponent to be holding Jc (Jack of clubs) so that it puts more bluffs in their range...you do NOT want to be holding that card in Robbi's spot, ever. You're throwing out these poker terms and using them incorrectly.
    I know what you're saying, but given her apparent explanation and if she thinks she has a pair of 3s and is calling down so specific as to hoping opponent is on a ace high flush draw the, Jc is a good card to hold in her mind as it's both a club and a card where she can ensure opp doesn't have QJc.
    E.g vs A4c she's +60% favorite on the turn if she had J3 with Jc, but vs QJc it would be even money with her herself not holding the Jc.

That was on the basis of her apparent explanation and asking about ace high flush draw. After having rewatched this and some other hands from that game, she's babbling all over the place and I'd be more inclined to think she was cheating - it would also make sense as to why she apparently gave the money back, which is pretty fcked up by itself.
    The whole hand is messed up and she sounds like an idiot with all the stuff she says and no matter if this is how she plays or if she's cheating, she should probably get out of poker.

I've played a lot of poker at quite high levels both online and live around the world, and I don't just throw these terms out there randomly I promise you, but I'm just going by what I thought that she could have been thinking at the time. If her hope was that she was up against AXc, the Jc would be a good blocker. It's a very specific read though, but like I said, I'm now more inclined to think she was cheating.
    Last edited by ZenMaster; 10-05-2022 at 09:22 AM.

Decent playground baller

The angle of cheating seems nonsensical to me for a couple of reasons. For one if she can see others hands there are way safer gambles for her to take with her entire pot than running it twice on a huge draw. Cheating or not she dodged a bullet at the end and got lucky. Another reason is that would mean the shows producers are the real cheaters because they are the only ones who can see the cards. I doubt that they would put their own credibility at risk to split some poker winnings up. And if they are willing to do that I doubt that they would choose Robbie Jade Lew as their player to run the scam. She is more or less a rich socialite who not many take seriously as a professional poker player. I think they would have approached one of the male players who is desperate for money and not a rich girl.

Decent playground baller

I don't want to give away my identity by talking too much about poker, but Jc (Jack of clubs) is actually one of the worst cards she can hold. When hero calling, you want to UNBLOCK, not block your opponent's bluffing range. In non-poker terms, you want your opponent to be holding Jc (Jack of clubs) so that it puts more bluffs in their range...you do NOT want to be holding that card in Robbi's spot, ever. You're throwing out these poker terms and using them incorrectly.
    This is false

MacMac?

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

IMO what happened in the hand isn't the story. 3ball hit it out of the park with his post.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Garrett is s f'ing baby for this

He should be cancelled especially because he had an encounter with her afterwards where he bullied her to get the money back (and succeeded)

How many times has someone gotten stubborn, mad, or shook in a hand and decided not to fold??

Any experienced player will see this happen several times in their career and I'm sure this isn't the first time some yahoo or bimbo decided to take a stand against Garrett

For him to get mad and accuse of cheating is immature and childish.. The fact that he bullied her to return the money is cancellable.

Ultimately, the message is that no one can outplay Garrett or play like a donkey against him..... or you will be accused of cheating... It's absurd

And why can't she put him on 87 specifically - that's the only realistic draw if we give credence to her blockers to QJ... If someone wants to think this crap and call with J-high, who is Garrett to say they're cheating?

I quoted it since he might be on ignore for a lot of folks

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates View Post
    The angle of cheating seems nonsensical to me for a couple of reasons. For one if she can see others hands there are way safer gambles for her to take with her entire pot than running it twice on a huge draw. Cheating or not she dodged a bullet at the end and got lucky. Another reason is that would mean the shows producers are the real cheaters because they are the only ones who can see the cards. I doubt that they would put their own credibility at risk to split some poker winnings up. And if they are willing to do that I doubt that they would choose Robbie Jade Lew as their player to run the scam. She is more or less a rich socialite who not many take seriously as a professional poker player. I think they would have approached one of the male players who is desperate for money and not a rich girl.
    you think only when someone screws with another persons girlfriend/boyfriend then proceeds to blackmail them as cheating, when it's cheating as it is without the blackmailing.

the blackmailing just happens when they get needy, and, they will.

I agree with this all. Jc is probably the worst card. She says in the interview she had a running straight and and a running flush? That's not capable worthy at all with full house and straight flush sitting on the board. That 4 is the kicker in all this and makes it confusing. To mistake it for a 3 is amateur. So many holes in what she was saying.

Decent playground baller

What are you guys talking about? Jc is a legit "blocker" for her at the river. Garrett is on a straight flush draw which means he needs a J or a club to hit on the river. That fact that she is holding Jc takes away his outs. That is why she says her Jc was a big part of her call because she is holding his outs. Only she thought she had a 3 and not a 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates View Post
    What are you guys talking about? Jc is a legit "blocker" for her at the river. Garrett is on a straight flush draw which means he needs a J or a club to hit on the river. That fact that she is holding Jc takes away his outs. That is why she says her Jc was a big part of her call because she is holding his outs. Only she thought she had a 3 and not a 4.
    The J 4 were off suited. Not a real blocker there

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    The J 4 were off suited. Not a real blocker there
    Her Jc is blocking HIM from hitting a flush or a straight. She put him on a draw and she knew she was holding a key card that could hit for him on the river. She assumed that her pair of 3s was good. Do you get it?

Did you also take into account the straight could have gone the opposite way? She wasn't connected to the 7. Garrett was on a legit straight and flush draw. On the river a 7 or club hits he wins.

Decent playground baller

Did you also take into account the straight could have gone the opposite way? She wasn't connected to the 7. Garrett was on a legit straight and flush draw. On the river a 7 or club hits he wins.
    Yes he still had plenty of outs, but she knew she was holding at least 2 of them with the Jc, maybe 3 if he had a J which blocks him from making a pair of Jacks.

Decent playground baller

The fact that Garrett had so many outs is why cheating makes no sense here. She got lucky that he didn't hit a straight or flush running it twice on the river. If she did know his hand she likely would have folded after the flop because she would have understood that with a draw that huge Garrett would be in the hand no matter what and she would have to get lucky to win it.

MacMac?
    Poker was never talked about much here, but from some past posts of his, the only person on this board that I know of to probably have played higher stakes than myself, it's MacMac. Maybe AKA_AAP is in that category as well.

Her holding Jc makes it so she knows that Gareth doesn't have QJc, it removes an out if he has Ax flush draw and it removes an out if she's up against 87.
    Even being up against the 87 straight flush draw, she's still 47% to win the hand as the runout happens. With all the money already in the pot, 47% is OK by itself if you're going to be all in.
    Of course this is all predicated on her mistaking her hand for J3, which could happen, but of course unlikely.

Cheating can happen in many different ways and it might not be exactly like you imagine it, and being close to even money in a big pot, a lot of people would be inclined to run it twice to even out variance.

I'd argue that she could be giving the money back because of the accusation itself and her not wanting to deal with that, or it could be because she actually did cheat and realized she was close to getting caught.
    In any case, it's messed up that she gave the money back.

Last edited by ZenMaster; 10-05-2022 at 03:32 PM.

Decent playground baller

https://twitter.com/RealKidPoker/sta...67039750963200

There aren't many in the poker world siding with Garrett on this. And many hands are being shown from Robbi's past that are consistent with the call she made like this one.

If you watch the entire episode you will see Phil Ivey who many consider to be the best poker player in the world read the situation as her misreading her had as a J3.

A vibrating chair is absurd as the entire table would hear it and it could very easily be looked into.