Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Poker Players Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    I know what you're saying, but given her apparent explanation and if she thinks she has a pair of 3s and is calling down so specific as to hoping opponent is on a ace high flush draw the, Jc is a good card to hold in her mind as it's both a club and a card where she can ensure opp doesn't have QJc.
    E.g vs A4c she's +60% favorite on the turn if she had J3 with Jc, but vs QJc it would be even money with her herself not holding the Jc.

That was on the basis of her apparent explanation and asking about ace high flush draw. After having rewatched this and some other hands from that game, she's babbling all over the place and I'd be more inclined to think she was cheating - it would also make sense as to why she apparently gave the money back, which is pretty fcked up by itself.
    The whole hand is messed up and she sounds like an idiot with all the stuff she says and no matter if this is how she plays or if she's cheating, she should probably get out of poker.

I've played a lot of poker at quite high levels both online and live around the world, and I don't just throw these terms out there randomly I promise you, but I'm just going by what I thought that she could have been thinking at the time. If her hope was that she was up against AXc, the Jc would be a good blocker. It's a very specific read though, but like I said, I'm now more inclined to think she was cheating.
    Yeah, I went back and forth on whether she misread her hand or not. Misreading her hand as J3 makes 10000000x more sense than having J4 high, both would be a horrendous continue by the way. But she did stare at the bottom card for a long time...and her bottom card was the offsuit 4, so it's a bit hard for me to think she misread her hand as J3. But her previous hand was J3, so maybe she got confused?

Also, I need to watch the ENTIRE stream. Apparently, she is very bad at poker and was willing to punt the whole session especially with Garrett. I just don't have time to watch hours of that session, so I'll just wait until more info progressively comes out.
    Last edited by AKA_AAP; 10-06-2022 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    MacMac?
    No. I use to post on ISH in the early 2000's as "allaroundplaya".

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates View Post
    What are you guys talking about? Jc is a legit "blocker" for her at the river. Garrett is on a straight flush draw which means he needs a J or a club to hit on the river. That fact that she is holding Jc takes away his outs. That is why she says her Jc was a big part of her call because she is holding his outs. Only she thought she had a 3 and not a 4.
    Lowest IQ post in this thread. You don't want to hold a card that you want your opponent to be bluffing with when you're bluff catching. You're completely using the term "blocker" incorrectly.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_AAP View Post
    Lowest IQ post in this thread. You don't want to hold a card that you want your opponent to be bluffing with when you're bluff catching. You're completely using the term "blocker" incorrectly.
    You do not play poker. Blockers are cards that "block" hands. Everyone at that table pointed out that Robbi was holding a blocker. She put him on a draw of some sort and her Jc is "blocking" him from catching it on the river. Hence the call.

https://www.splitsuit.com/blockers-in-poker-guide

You do not play poker. Blockers are cards that "block" hands. Everyone at that table pointed out that Robbi was holding a blocker. She put him on a draw of some sort and her Jc is "blocking" him from catching it on the river. Hence the call.

She's relying on a blocker for a specific hand while holding nothing. So she went all in on a one ended blocker holding a shitty kicker? The board had a multitude of possibilities to rely on the one "blocker". Not a great play if that's her reasoning. Does the j block a 6?
    It was a shitty call all based on emotion. I've seen examples on her plays and she's folded with much stronger cards in the past. The only hand she could have put him on was q 8. And still a poor call with a high card. I'm not buying she thought she had a 3 when she looked multiple times and said it was a bluff catcher.

Decent playground baller

She's relying on a blocker for a specific hand while holding nothing. So she went all in on a one ended blocker holding a shitty kicker? The board had a multitude of possibilities to rely on the one "blocker". Not a great play if that's her reasoning. Does the j block a 6?
    It was a shitty call all based on emotion. I've seen examples on her plays and she's folded with much stronger cards in the past. The only hand she could have put him on was q 8. And still a poor call with a high card. I'm not buying she thought she had a 3 when she looked multiple times and said it was a bluff catcher.
    She thought she had a pair of 3s which beats a busted draw of any kind. If she did have a J3 Garrett would have just said "great call" and that would have been that.

Looking back at it I think she was looking at her cards to make sure her Jack was a club and a "blocker" to his draw and ignored her other card.

Phil Ivey read the situation as her misreading her hand as J3 when interviewed after. If there is anyone in the poker world that should be taken seriously it is him he is the GOAT.

Decent playground baller

Robbi says "I wouldn't have called if my jack wasn't a club" which makes 100% perfect sense if she is holding J3. When she realizes she has J4 she becomes flustered and just starts in with the "it's not about what I have" and "I knew you didn't have shit" lines.

Robbi says "I wouldn't have called if my jack wasn't a club" which makes 100% perfect sense if she is holding J3. When she realizes she has J4 she becomes flustered and just starts in with the "it's not about what I have" and "I knew you didn't have shit" lines.
    Meaning she played a messy hand.

What are you more fixated on defending? That she didn't cheat or are you justifying her call? Because that was a horrible call and she had so many holes in her dialogue it was embarrassing. You can't be a serious poker player if you think that was a decent call. No body bets their tournament lifeline on that mess

She thought she had a pair of 3s which beats a busted draw of any kind. If she did have a J3 Garrett would have just said "great call" and that would have been that.

Looking back at it I think she was looking at her cards to make sure her Jack was a club and a "blocker" to his draw and ignored her other card.

Phil Ivey read the situation as her misreading her hand as J3 when interviewed after. If there is anyone in the poker world that should be taken seriously it is him he is the GOAT.
    She played the hand after saying it was a bluff catcher, meaning she was aware it wasn't a 3. She messed up and now covering up with poor dialogue.

Decent playground baller

She played the hand after saying it was a bluff catcher, meaning she was aware it wasn't a 3. She messed up and now covering up with poor dialogue.
    What are you taking about, calling a pot that huge with nothing but a pair of 3s is still definitely a hero call and putting Garrett on nothing but a draw of some kind. She was catching him on a bluff.

If you watch the hand with her holding a J3 everything she said and did makes perfect sense.

Did you watch the interview after?

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_AAP View Post
    Yeah, I went back and forth on whether she misread her hand or not. Misreading her hand as J3 makes 10000000x more sense than having J4 high, both would be a horrendous continue by the way. But she did stare at the bottom card for a long time...and her bottom card was the offsuit 4, so it's a bit hard for me to think she misread her hand as J3. But her previous hand was J3, so maybe she got confused?

Also, I need to watch the ENTIRE stream. Apparently, she is very bad at poker and was willing to punt the whole session especially with Garrett. I just don't have time to watch hours of that session, so I'll just wait until more info progressively comes out.
    Maybe yes, in any case the whole dialogue after the hand is funny as hell.

Why did you call?

Oh I had some runner straight and flush draw..

No no, on the turn, why did you call?

Because you don't have shit Garret.

She sounds like a moron and from what I've seen I do agree that she seems very bad at poker.

Meaning she played a messy hand.

What are you more fixated on defending? That she didn't cheat or are you justifying her call? Because that was a horrible call and she had so many holes in her dialogue it was embarrassing. You can't be a serious poker player if you think that was a decent call. No body bets their tournament lifeline on that mess
    These guys aren't playing a tournament homie, it's cash game and they can reload.

I know this is a troll account, but you're probably being serious here. You're coming off as a $2 and $3 BB player that min buys and tells bad beat stories all day. People at the table pointing out she had a "blocker" were trolling. The J4 "blocker" is now been a MEME in the mid stakes scene and home game scene the last few days, the only time people take that msnbc crap seriously are playing the low stakes game where they don't have a grasp of poker (I'll play $3 BB while waiting for $5, $10 and $20 BB games). There are poker shirts out there that have J4 and "I have blockers" as a MEME.

Come to think of it, you're a walking MEME. 88 posts in this alt, and you've been wrong in everyone I've seen. Are you related to AlwaysWrongbladefd?

It makes zero sense to anyone that has a fundamental grasp of basic poker. She doesn't, and you don't either.

Let's just assume she misread her hand as Jc3x, so pair of 3's. Having the Jc is bad because you want Garrett to have the Jc so it puts more bluffs in his range. Having the Jc in her hand means Garrett can no longer have some straight draws containing the Jc and can no longer have ANY combo draws or flush draws containing the Jack of clubs. I hope I made that simple enough to understand, but I think I'm drawing dead for you to understand anything outside of the msnbc garbage that has given you brain worms.

Stop defending her msnbc of that hand. Her reasoning was either really bad or fake (to cover up cheating). She could not beat just about every draw (except for what Garrett had, and 87hh for the OE plus BDFD), and drawing very slim to stone dead on all his value hands.
    Last edited by AKA_AAP; 10-06-2022 at 01:06 PM.

Decent playground baller

You don't know what a blocker is and you don't play poker. I gave you a link to the definition, read it. No one disputes the blocker part and several at the table acknowledged it. I'm not sure what the existence of a t-shirt has to do with anything here.