Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    ISH's Negro Historian L.Kizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX -
    Posts
    40,781

    Default Rank these 90s Power Forwrds

    Of course, excluding the top tier guys Karl Malone & Charles Barkley and the guys right below like Dennis Rodman, Shawn Kemp, Chris Webber and yes even Vin Baker, Larry Johnson and Derrick Coleman.

    Before we get to the guys I'd like you all to rank, I think there was one more tier before I get to them. What do you all think?

    -Tom Gugliotta
    -Juwon Howard
    -Christian Laettner
    -Danny Manning
    -Antonio McDyess

    These are the guys I want you all to rank
    P.J. Brown
    Dale Davis
    Chris Gatling
    Horace Grant
    A.C. Green
    Tyrone Hill
    Charles Oakley
    Otis Thorpe
    Anthony Mason
    Buck Williams
    Jayson Williams
    Kevin Willis

    For the most part, these guys did about the same things for their teams. Obviously, some did it better than other.

  2. #2
    College superstar dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,352

    Default Re: Rank these 90s Power Forwrds

    Buck Williams peaked in the 80's and in his prime he's the best on that list. Basically a 20/10 big man who played terrific defense as well but in the 90's he was already out of his prime.

  3. #3
    ISH's Negro Historian L.Kizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX -
    Posts
    40,781

    Default Re: Rank these 90s Power Forwrds

    Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Buck Williams peaked in the 80's and in his prime he's the best on that list. Basically a 20/10 big man who played terrific defense as well but in the 90's he was already out of his prime.
    I almost didn't add him because of that but he played until 1998 and was still All Defense for like three seasons on the 90s.

  4. #4
    5-time NBA All-Star FultzNationRISE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    11,283

    Default Re: Rank these 90s Power Forwrds

    Give me a prime Kevin McHale over all of them.

  5. #5
    Death to Liberalism Patrick Chewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    34,773

    Default Re: Rank these 90s Power Forwrds

    Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    Of course, excluding the top tier guys Karl Malone & Charles Barkley and the guys right below like Dennis Rodman, Shawn Kemp, Chris Webber and yes even Vin Baker, Larry Johnson and Derrick Coleman.

    Before we get to the guys I'd like you all to rank, I think there was one more tier before I get to them. What do you all think?

    -Tom Gugliotta
    -Juwon Howard
    -Christian Laettner
    -Danny Manning
    -Antonio McDyess

    These are the guys I want you all to rank
    P.J. Brown
    Dale Davis
    Chris Gatling
    Horace Grant
    A.C. Green
    Tyrone Hill
    Charles Oakley
    Otis Thorpe
    Anthony Mason
    Buck Williams
    Jayson Williams
    Kevin Willis

    For the most part, these guys did about the same things for their teams. Obviously, some did it better than other.
    That first tier of PF's you listed were primarily offensive scorers for their respective teams, whereas the second tier were some of the best defensive players in league history.

  6. #6
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
    Posts
    42,976

    Default Re: Rank these 90s Power Forwrds

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    That first tier of PF's you listed were primarily offensive scorers for their respective teams, whereas the second tier were some of the best defensive players in league history.
    no one cares about D

  7. #7
    Great college starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Rank these 90s Power Forwrds

    Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    Of course, excluding the top tier guys Karl Malone & Charles Barkley and the guys right below like Dennis Rodman, Shawn Kemp, Chris Webber and yes even Vin Baker, Larry Johnson and Derrick Coleman.

    Before we get to the guys I'd like you all to rank, I think there was one more tier before I get to them. What do you all think?

    -Tom Gugliotta
    -Juwon Howard
    -Christian Laettner
    -Danny Manning
    -Antonio McDyess

    These are the guys I want you all to rank
    P.J. Brown
    Dale Davis
    Chris Gatling
    Horace Grant
    A.C. Green
    Tyrone Hill
    Charles Oakley
    Otis Thorpe
    Anthony Mason
    Buck Williams
    Jayson Williams
    Kevin Willis

    For the most part, these guys did about the same things for their teams. Obviously, some did it better than other.
    Don't forget Shareef Abdur-Rahim. He was a solid big but goes unnoticed in an era of so many great bigs.

  8. #8
    ISH's Negro Historian L.Kizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX -
    Posts
    40,781

    Default Re: Rank these 90s Power Forwrds

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    Don't forget Shareef Abdur-Rahim. He was a solid big but goes unnoticed in an era of so many great bigs.
    I didn't forget him, just think of hin more as a 2000s player.

  9. #9
    Goatbrook SouBeachTalents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,863

    Default Re: Rank these 90s Power Forwrds

    Mason & Grant are clearly the best two of that group imo. The rest of them the difference is so negligible, Im not ranking all those guys

    Edit, missed Buck Williams who Id say was the best of the group.

  10. #10
    Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,403

    Default Re: Rank these 90s Power Forwrds

    Otis Thorpe No Love? He Played Great For The Rockets.

  11. #11
    Boom Baby! Reggie43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,388

    Default Re: Rank these 90s Power Forwrds

    Laettner and Gugliotta is not a tier above some of the guys in the second group regardless of how more offensively skilled they were.

  12. #12
    Decent college freshman
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,540

    Default Re: Rank these 90s Power Forwrds

    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post
    Laettner and Gugliotta is not a tier above some of the guys in the second group regardless of how more offensively skilled they were.
    Laettner is not on the same tier as Gugliotta.

    .

  13. #13
    ISH's Negro Historian L.Kizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX -
    Posts
    40,781

    Default Re: Rank these 90s Power Forwrds

    Quote Originally Posted by jayfan View Post
    Laettner is not on the same tier as Gugliotta.

    .
    Fun fact. They both made their only All-Star appearance the same season.
    Another fun fact, Googs made the team over teammate Kevin Garnett. KG was an injury replacement for Shaq, Googs was selected by the coaches.

  14. #14
    Decent college freshman RogueBorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    In Corporation's head
    Posts
    2,508

    Default Re: Rank these 90s Power Forwrds

    Kevin Willis was a really good player especially a young KW. I would probably take him first off that list.

  15. #15
    Decent college freshman
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,540

    Default Re: Rank these 90s Power Forwrds

    Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    Of course, excluding the top tier guys Karl Malone & Charles Barkley and the guys right below like Dennis Rodman, Shawn Kemp, Chris Webber and yes even Vin Baker, Larry Johnson and Derrick Coleman.

    Before we get to the guys I'd like you all to rank, I think there was one more tier before I get to them. What do you all think?

    -Tom Gugliotta
    -Juwon Howard
    -Christian Laettner
    -Danny Manning
    -Antonio McDyess

    These are the guys I want you all to rank
    P.J. Brown
    Dale Davis
    Chris Gatling
    Horace Grant
    A.C. Green
    Tyrone Hill
    Charles Oakley
    Otis Thorpe
    Anthony Mason
    Buck Williams
    Jayson Williams
    Kevin Willis

    For the most part, these guys did about the same things for their teams. Obviously, some did it better than other.

    Pre-injury Dyess was better than anyone on either list. AC Green was arguably better than anyone on his list or the top list besides pre-injury McDyess.

    Buck Williams' prime was in the 80's. Very good player.

    .
    Last edited by jayfan; 10-04-2022 at 02:08 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •