Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    College superstar dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,322

    Default Where do you rank Harden on the all-time list?

    He seems out of his prime now and probably won't creep up much higher from here.

  2. #2
    NO KLAY, NO PLAY AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    6,276

    Default Re: Where do you rank Harden on the all-time list?

    With a few rings and a better playoff resume I'd have him in the Jordan/Kobe range... 15 or so

    But realistically he's in the 30s or 40s.

  3. #3
    Local High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,342

    Default Re: Where do you rank Harden on the all-time list?

    In that 5 - 7 of best SGs ever region

  4. #4
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    1,150

    Default Re: Where do you rank Harden on the all-time list?

    I'd put him in the 40's at SG..he's top 10 not top 5 even though SG is wide open after 3

    1. Jordan
    2. Kobe
    3. West
    4. Gervin
    5. Iverson
    6. Miller
    7. Wade
    8. Maravich
    9. Harden
    10. Drexler

    For his generation amongst active players
    1. Lebron
    2. Curry
    3. CPIII
    4. Giannis
    5. Kwahi
    6. Durant
    7. Harden
    8. Carmello
    9. Jokic
    10. Davis

    He's never going to overtake Leonard/Giannis/Durant and he hasn't accomplished what CPIII, Lebron, and Curry have done

  5. #5
    Goatbrook SouBeachTalents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,822

    Default Re: Where do you rank Harden on the all-time list?

    Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    I'd put him in the 40's at SG..he's top 10 not top 5 even though SG is wide open after 3

    1. Jordan
    2. Kobe
    3. West
    4. Gervin
    5. Iverson
    6. Miller
    7. Wade
    8. Maravich
    9. Harden
    10. Drexler

    For his generation amongst active players
    1. Lebron
    2. Curry
    3. CPIII
    4. Giannis
    5. Kwahi
    6. Durant
    7. Harden
    8. Carmello
    9. Jokic
    10. Davis

    He's never going to overtake Leonard/Giannis/Durant and he hasn't accomplished what CPIII, Lebron, and Curry have done
    When I called this guy the dumbest poser on the board, this just validates my point His posts are so bad he honestly has to be a gimmick account.

  6. #6
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,134

    Default Re: Where do you rank Harden on the all-time list?

    Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    I'd put him in the 40's at SG..he's top 10 not top 5 even though SG is wide open after 3

    1. Jordan
    2. Kobe
    3. West
    4. Gervin
    5. Iverson
    6. Miller
    7. Wade
    8. Maravich
    9. Harden
    10. Drexler

    For his generation amongst active players
    1. Lebron
    2. Curry
    3. CPIII
    4. Giannis
    5. Kwahi
    6. Durant
    7. Harden
    8. Carmello
    9. Jokic
    10. Davis

    He's never going to overtake Leonard/Giannis/Durant and he hasn't accomplished what CPIII, Lebron, and Curry have done
    Bruh, Maravich isn't near Harden on the all time list. Reggie Miller? Lol

    I personally have Harden #5 on the SG list.

  7. #7
    ISH's Negro Historian L.Kizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX -
    Posts
    40,778

    Default Re: Where do you rank Harden on the all-time list?

    Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    I'd put him in the 40's at SG..he's top 10 not top 5 even though SG is wide open after 3

    1. Jordan
    2. Kobe
    3. West
    4. Gervin
    5. Iverson
    6. Miller
    7. Wade
    8. Maravich
    9. Harden
    10. Drexler

    For his generation amongst active players
    1. Lebron
    2. Curry
    3. CPIII
    4. Giannis
    5. Kwahi
    6. Durant
    7. Harden
    8. Carmello
    9. Jokic
    10. Davis

    He's never going to overtake Leonard/Giannis/Durant and he hasn't accomplished what CPIII, Lebron, and Curry have done
    How is Miller 5 spots over Drexler? They played in the same era and not one season was Miller better.

  8. #8
    Local High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,342

    Default Re: Where do you rank Harden on the all-time list?

    Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    I'd put him in the 40's at SG..he's top 10 not top 5 even though SG is wide open after 3

    1. Jordan
    2. Kobe
    3. West
    4. Gervin
    5. Iverson
    6. Miller
    7. Wade
    8. Maravich
    9. Harden
    10. Drexler

    For his generation amongst active players
    1. Lebron
    2. Curry
    3. CPIII
    4. Giannis
    5. Kwahi
    6. Durant
    7. Harden
    8. Carmello
    9. Jokic
    10. Davis

    He's never going to overtake Leonard/Giannis/Durant and he hasn't accomplished what CPIII, Lebron, and Curry have done
    Terrible list

    SG is

    1) Mike
    2) Kobe
    3) Logo
    4) Flash

    Then it’s up for grabs

  9. #9
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    1,150

    Default Re: Where do you rank Harden on the all-time list?

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post
    Terrible list

    SG is

    1) Mike
    2) Kobe
    3) Logo
    4) Flash

    Then it’s up for grabs
    Wade's career was to short and he was to much of a second to rank ahead of first option players (AI, Maravich, Gervin, Miller)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Bruh, Maravich isn't near Harden on the all time list. Reggie Miller? Lol

    I personally have Harden #5 on the SG list.
    That's your opinion I think Maravich was a top SG the biggest problem Pete had was the three point line didn't exist...had it existed Maravich would have averaged 57 PPG. He and Gervin were the best shooters of the 70's.

    Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    How is Miller 5 spots over Drexler? They played in the same era and not one season was Miller better.
    He's not five spots...he's four spots. Reggie was the best player on his team...Clyde had to join Hakeem to win. Reggie played in the tougher East while Clyde had the easier west. Drexler to me is on the same level as guys like Alex English and Adrian Dantley.

    Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    When I called this guy the dumbest poser on the board, this just validates my point His posts are so bad he honestly has to be a gimmick account.
    Right...I'm dumb because I don't over inflate the players I grew up with like most of you. I actually try to contextualize history when I rank players while you revel and embrace your ignorance. And frankly you are sad person because you can't even come up with a top ten list...you just cry out oh it's dumb. You know what I think's dumb going on a message board and not wanting to actually talk about basketball. OMG this person doesn't think the same things I think so he must be a gimmick and stupid because everyone knows basketball didn't exist before 1980.

  10. #10
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    1,150

    Default Re: Where do you rank Harden on the all-time list?

    Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    How is Miller 5 spots over Drexler? They played in the same era and not one season was Miller better.
    iamgine - Jordan, Jokic, Robinson, Miller, Rodman, Isiah Thomas, Drexler
    Champ - Magic, Wilt, Russell, AI, Barkley, Dominique Wilkins, McHale
    John8204 - LeBron, Kobe, Doncic, Erving, Moses Malone, Walt Frazier, Thurmond
    AlternativeAcc. - Bird, Giannis, Klay, AD, Stockton, Ewing, Barry
    SouBeachTalents - Curry, Kareem, Dirk, McGrady, Pierce, Oscar Robertson, Walton
    Manny98 - Durant, Shaq, Pippen, Harden, Payton, Lillard, Melo
    1987_Lakers - Hakeem, Garnett, West, CP3, Havlicek, Nash, Baylor
    Hakeem Olajuwon - Duncan, Kawhi, Wade, Allen, Kidd, Karl Malone, Parish, George Gervin

    1st Round
    1. Shooter - LeBron James
    2. 1987_Lakers - Michael Jordan
    3. Im Still Ballin - Shaquille O'Neal
    4. AlternativeAcc. - Larry Bird
    5. Wally450 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    6. SouBeachTalents - Hakeem Olajuwon
    7 John8204 -Wilt Chamberlain
    8. iamgine - Stephen Curry
    9. post - Nikola Jokic

    2nd Round
    10. post - Giannis Antetokounmpo
    11. iamgine - Kevin Durant
    12. John8204 - Kobe Bryant
    13. SouBeachTalents - Magic Johnson
    14. Wally450 - Kevin Garnett
    15. AlternativeAcc. - Tim Duncan
    16. Im Still Ballin - Bill Russell
    17. 1987_Lakers - David Robinson
    18. Shooter - Moses Malone

    3rd Round
    19. Shooter - Chris Paul
    20. 1987_Lakers - Kawhi Leonard
    21. Im Still Ballin - Scottie Pippen
    22. AlternativeAcc. - Bill Walton
    23. Wally450 - Julius Erving
    24. SouBeachTalents - Dirk Nowitzki
    25. John8204 - Jerry West
    26. iamgine - Anthony Davis
    27. post - Luka Doncic

    4th round
    28. post - Joel Embiid
    29. iamgine - Paul George
    30. John8204 - Charles Barkley
    31. SouBeachTalents - Dwyane Wade
    32. Wally450 - Klay Thompson
    33. AlternativeAcc. - Tracy McGrady
    34. Im Still Ballin - Steve Nash
    35. 1987_Lakers - Ray Allen
    36. Shooter - James Harden

    5th round
    37. Shooter - Kevin McHale
    38. 1987_Lakers - John Stockton
    39. Im Still Ballin - Reggie Miller
    40. AlternativeAcc. - Chauncey Billups
    41. Wally450 - Isiah Thomas
    42. SouBeachTalents - Jayson Tatum
    43. John8204 - Elgin Baylor
    44. iamgine - Jason Kidd
    45. post - Rudy Gobert

    6th round
    46. post - Draymond Green
    47. Iamgine - Dennis Rodman
    48. John8204 - Jimmy Butler
    49. SouBeachTalents - Oscar Robertson
    50. Wally450 - Manu Ginobili
    51. AlternativeAcc. - Gary Payton
    52. Im Still Ballin - Karl Malone
    53. 1987_Lakers - Paul Pierce
    54. Shooter - Ben Wallace

    7th round
    55. Shooter - Chris Webber
    56. 1987_Lakers - Rasheed Wallace
    57. Im Still Ballin - Patrick Ewing
    58. AlternativeAcc. - Dwight Howard
    59. Wally450 - Pau Gasol
    60. SouBeachTalents - Nate Thurmond
    61 John8204 - Dominique Wilkins
    62. iamgine - Penny Hardaway
    63. post - Kyle Korver

    8th round
    64. post - Zion Williamson
    65. Iamgine - Dikembe Mutombo
    66. John8204 - Damian Lillard
    67. SouBeachTalents - John Havlicek
    68. Wally450 - Alonzo Mourning
    69. AlternativeAcc. - Chris Mullin
    70. Im Still Ballin - Shane Battier
    71. 1987_Lakers - Walt Frazier
    72. Shooter - Kris Middleton

    9th Round
    73. Shooter - Kyrie Irving
    74. 1987_Lakers - Chris Bosh
    75. Im Still Ballin - Mark Price
    76. AlternativeAcc. - Andrei Kirilenko
    77. Wally450 - Clyde Drexler
    78. SouBeachTalents - Al Horford
    79. John8204 - Bill Laimbeer
    80. iamgine - Grant Hill
    81. Post - Jrue Holiday

    10th Round
    82. post - elena delle donne
    83. Iamgine - Arvydas Sabonis
    84. John8204 - Sidney Moncrief
    85. SouBeachTalents - Eddie Jones
    86. Wally450 - Rajon Rondo
    87. AlternativeAcc. - Joe Dumars
    88. Im Still Ballin - Michael Cooper
    89. 1987_Lakers - Artis Gilmore
    90. Shooter

    You should do the mock drafts because Reggie always goes way ahead of Clyde..this forum doesn't have a search but I would be very curious to see if Clyde has even been taken over Reggie

  11. #11
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,134

    Default Re: Where do you rank Harden on the all-time list?

    Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    iamgine - Jordan, Jokic, Robinson, Miller, Rodman, Isiah Thomas, Drexler
    Champ - Magic, Wilt, Russell, AI, Barkley, Dominique Wilkins, McHale
    John8204 - LeBron, Kobe, Doncic, Erving, Moses Malone, Walt Frazier, Thurmond
    AlternativeAcc. - Bird, Giannis, Klay, AD, Stockton, Ewing, Barry
    SouBeachTalents - Curry, Kareem, Dirk, McGrady, Pierce, Oscar Robertson, Walton
    Manny98 - Durant, Shaq, Pippen, Harden, Payton, Lillard, Melo
    1987_Lakers - Hakeem, Garnett, West, CP3, Havlicek, Nash, Baylor
    Hakeem Olajuwon - Duncan, Kawhi, Wade, Allen, Kidd, Karl Malone, Parish, George Gervin

    1st Round
    1. Shooter - LeBron James
    2. 1987_Lakers - Michael Jordan
    3. Im Still Ballin - Shaquille O'Neal
    4. AlternativeAcc. - Larry Bird
    5. Wally450 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    6. SouBeachTalents - Hakeem Olajuwon
    7 John8204 -Wilt Chamberlain
    8. iamgine - Stephen Curry
    9. post - Nikola Jokic

    2nd Round
    10. post - Giannis Antetokounmpo
    11. iamgine - Kevin Durant
    12. John8204 - Kobe Bryant
    13. SouBeachTalents - Magic Johnson
    14. Wally450 - Kevin Garnett
    15. AlternativeAcc. - Tim Duncan
    16. Im Still Ballin - Bill Russell
    17. 1987_Lakers - David Robinson
    18. Shooter - Moses Malone

    3rd Round
    19. Shooter - Chris Paul
    20. 1987_Lakers - Kawhi Leonard
    21. Im Still Ballin - Scottie Pippen
    22. AlternativeAcc. - Bill Walton
    23. Wally450 - Julius Erving
    24. SouBeachTalents - Dirk Nowitzki
    25. John8204 - Jerry West
    26. iamgine - Anthony Davis
    27. post - Luka Doncic

    4th round
    28. post - Joel Embiid
    29. iamgine - Paul George
    30. John8204 - Charles Barkley
    31. SouBeachTalents - Dwyane Wade
    32. Wally450 - Klay Thompson
    33. AlternativeAcc. - Tracy McGrady
    34. Im Still Ballin - Steve Nash
    35. 1987_Lakers - Ray Allen
    36. Shooter - James Harden

    5th round
    37. Shooter - Kevin McHale
    38. 1987_Lakers - John Stockton
    39. Im Still Ballin - Reggie Miller
    40. AlternativeAcc. - Chauncey Billups
    41. Wally450 - Isiah Thomas
    42. SouBeachTalents - Jayson Tatum
    43. John8204 - Elgin Baylor
    44. iamgine - Jason Kidd
    45. post - Rudy Gobert

    6th round
    46. post - Draymond Green
    47. Iamgine - Dennis Rodman
    48. John8204 - Jimmy Butler
    49. SouBeachTalents - Oscar Robertson
    50. Wally450 - Manu Ginobili
    51. AlternativeAcc. - Gary Payton
    52. Im Still Ballin - Karl Malone
    53. 1987_Lakers - Paul Pierce
    54. Shooter - Ben Wallace

    7th round
    55. Shooter - Chris Webber
    56. 1987_Lakers - Rasheed Wallace
    57. Im Still Ballin - Patrick Ewing
    58. AlternativeAcc. - Dwight Howard
    59. Wally450 - Pau Gasol
    60. SouBeachTalents - Nate Thurmond
    61 John8204 - Dominique Wilkins
    62. iamgine - Penny Hardaway
    63. post - Kyle Korver

    8th round
    64. post - Zion Williamson
    65. Iamgine - Dikembe Mutombo
    66. John8204 - Damian Lillard
    67. SouBeachTalents - John Havlicek
    68. Wally450 - Alonzo Mourning
    69. AlternativeAcc. - Chris Mullin
    70. Im Still Ballin - Shane Battier
    71. 1987_Lakers - Walt Frazier
    72. Shooter - Kris Middleton

    9th Round
    73. Shooter - Kyrie Irving
    74. 1987_Lakers - Chris Bosh
    75. Im Still Ballin - Mark Price
    76. AlternativeAcc. - Andrei Kirilenko
    77. Wally450 - Clyde Drexler
    78. SouBeachTalents - Al Horford
    79. John8204 - Bill Laimbeer
    80. iamgine - Grant Hill
    81. Post - Jrue Holiday

    10th Round
    82. post - elena delle donne
    83. Iamgine - Arvydas Sabonis
    84. John8204 - Sidney Moncrief
    85. SouBeachTalents - Eddie Jones
    86. Wally450 - Rajon Rondo
    87. AlternativeAcc. - Joe Dumars
    88. Im Still Ballin - Michael Cooper
    89. 1987_Lakers - Artis Gilmore
    90. Shooter

    You should do the mock drafts because Reggie always goes way ahead of Clyde..this forum doesn't have a search but I would be very curious to see if Clyde has even been taken over Reggie
    That's different though. People value 3 point shooting and chemistry when doing all-time drafts, which is why you always see Ray, Klay, and Miller get drafted pretty early.

    Look at that board. Klay got picked before Harden, but nobody thinks he is a better player. Klay just works better with other high usage players and gives you defense and shooting that Harden doesnt.

  12. #12
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    279

    Default Re: Where do you rank Harden on the all-time list?

    Hes a great basketball player in the same way Randy macho man savage is a great wrestler

    The only way you come to conclusions like that is by admitting the whole thing is made up

    Hes on par with World B Free. Hes a quitter, hes a loser, hes fat and out of shape, lives in the strip club, plays no defense, flops and flails like a girl and is a generally unlikable and insufferable player

    At least world be free was fun

  13. #13
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    1,150

    Default Re: Where do you rank Harden on the all-time list?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    That's different though. People value 3 point shooting and chemistry when doing all-time drafts, which is why you always see Ray, Klay, and Miller get drafted pretty early.

    Look at that board. Klay got picked before Harden, but nobody thinks he is a better player. Klay just works better with other high usage players and gives you defense and shooting that Harden doesnt.
    It's not binary though...Klay might not be better than Harden but Harden isn't good enough to get picked over guys with defense, and chemistry. James Harden is a great sixth man but he's not that great a centerpiece on a team. We've watched MVP caliber players try and get a ring out of him and it doesn't work.

  14. #14
    College superstar Proctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,186

    Default Re: Where do you rank Harden on the all-time list?

    Quote Originally Posted by Druckenmiller View Post
    He’s a great basketball player in the same way Randy macho man savage is a great wrestler

    The only way you come to conclusions like that is by admitting the whole thing is made up

    He’s on par with World B Free. He’s a quitter, he’s a loser, he’s fat and out of shape, lives in the strip club, plays no defense, flops and flails like a girl and is a generally unlikable and insufferable player

    At least world be free was fun
    Glad someone has some sense.

  15. #15
    Red Nation Smook A.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    16,075

    Default Re: Where do you rank Harden on the all-time list?

    Top 30 all-time and top 4-5 SG ever

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •