Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Where do you rank Harden on the all-time list?

List of players I can't see myself putting Harden over:

PG: Magic, Curry, Oscar
    SG: Jordan, Kobe, West, Wade
    SF: Lebron, Bird, Durant, Dr J, Havlicek, Baylor, Kawhi
    PF: Duncan, Garnett, Malone, Dirk, Barkley, Pettit, Giannis
    C: Russell, Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Hakeem, Moses, Robinson, Mikan

That's 28 guys definitely ahead of Harden so his ceiling is 29th all time thus he's probably in the 30's or 40's. Floor ranking would be around 50th probably.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    Wade's career was to short and he was to much of a second to rank ahead of first option players (AI, Maravich, Gervin, Miller)

That's your opinion I think Maravich was a top SG the biggest problem Pete had was the three point line didn't exist...had it existed Maravich would have averaged 57 PPG. He and Gervin were the best shooters of the 70's.

He's not five spots...he's four spots. Reggie was the best player on his team...Clyde had to join Hakeem to win. Reggie played in the tougher East while Clyde had the easier west. Drexler to me is on the same level as guys like Alex English and Adrian Dantley.

Right...I'm dumb because I don't over inflate the players I grew up with like most of you. I actually try to contextualize history when I rank players while you revel and embrace your ignorance. And frankly you are sad person because you can't even come up with a top ten list...you just cry out oh it's dumb. You know what I think's dumb going on a message board and not wanting to actually talk about basketball. OMG this person doesn't think the same things I think so he must be a gimmick and stupid because everyone knows basketball didn't exist before 1980.
    No, Wade’s career wasn’t “too short” and when he was healthy was a better player on both sides of the ball than all SGs in history barring three of them.

Peak - 30 ppg 5 rpg 8 apg 2 spg 1 bpg

Career - 22/5/5

3 Rings
    Finals MVP
    13x All Star
    2x NBA First Team
    3x NBA Second Team
    3x NBA Third Team
    3x 2nd All Defensive Teams

No one is better but the goat, Jordan, and Kobe. And West.

Top 30ish with an argument for top 25 sounds about right. People underrate Harden because he’s irritating to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Top 30ish with an argument for top 25 sounds about right. People underrate Harden because he’s irritating to watch.
    His playoff play is legitimately the most disappointing of any ATG ever. I know you'd have other guys like Malone, Robinson & Ewing in the discussion, but I think, even if he statistically has the best playoff numbers of that group, he's legitimately ended almost every playoff run disappointingly.

As frustrating/irritating as his style of play can be to watch, that's by far my biggest critique of him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

50th and maybe climbing...

He's not five spots...he's four spots. Reggie was the best player on his team...Clyde had to join Hakeem to win. Reggie played in the tougher East while Clyde had the easier west. Drexler to me is on the same level as guys like Alex English and Adrian Dantley.
    Really. Clyde was the best player on his team and led his team to 2 finals. And the East wasn't tougher.
    90s Hall of Famers in the East
    Jordan-Pippen-Rodman
    Ewing
    Shaq
    Reggie
    Nique
    Zo

90s West Hall of Famers
    Drexler
    Hakeem
    Barkley
    Payton
    Stockton & Malone
    Run TMC
    Robinson
    Mutombo

West was tougher.

Also, Reggie as the best player wasn't selected to the 93 All Stsr game, however his teammate Detlef Schrempf was. Best player tho.
    Imagine Jerome Kersey (RIP) making All Star team over Drexler.

iamgine - Jordan, Jokic, Robinson, Miller, Rodman, Isiah Thomas, Drexler
    Champ - Magic, Wilt, Russell, AI, Barkley, Dominique Wilkins, McHale
    John8204 - LeBron, Kobe, Doncic, Erving, Moses Malone, Walt Frazier, Thurmond
    AlternativeAcc. - Bird, Giannis, Klay, AD, Stockton, Ewing, Barry
    SouBeachTalents - Curry, Kareem, Dirk, McGrady, Pierce, Oscar Robertson, Walton
    Manny98 - Durant, Shaq, Pippen, Harden, Payton, Lillard, Melo
    1987_Lakers - Hakeem, Garnett, West, CP3, Havlicek, Nash, Baylor
    Hakeem Olajuwon - Duncan, Kawhi, Wade, Allen, Kidd, Karl Malone, Parish, George Gervin

1st Round
    1. Shooter - LeBron James
    2. 1987_Lakers - Michael Jordan
    3. Im Still Ballin - Shaquille O'Neal
    4. AlternativeAcc. - Larry Bird
    5. Wally450 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    6. SouBeachTalents - Hakeem Olajuwon
    7 John8204 -Wilt Chamberlain
    8. iamgine - Stephen Curry
    9. post - Nikola Jokic

2nd Round
    10. post - Giannis Antetokounmpo
    11. iamgine - Kevin Durant
    12. John8204 - Kobe Bryant
    13. SouBeachTalents - Magic Johnson
    14. Wally450 - Kevin Garnett
    15. AlternativeAcc. - Tim Duncan
    16. Im Still Ballin - Bill Russell
    17. 1987_Lakers - David Robinson
    18. Shooter - Moses Malone

3rd Round
    19. Shooter - Chris Paul
    20. 1987_Lakers - Kawhi Leonard
    21. Im Still Ballin - Scottie Pippen
    22. AlternativeAcc. - Bill Walton
    23. Wally450 - Julius Erving
    24. SouBeachTalents - Dirk Nowitzki
    25. John8204 - Jerry West
    26. iamgine - Anthony Davis
    27. post - Luka Doncic

4th round
    28. post - Joel Embiid
    29. iamgine - Paul George
    30. John8204 - Charles Barkley
    31. SouBeachTalents - Dwyane Wade
    32. Wally450 - Klay Thompson
    33. AlternativeAcc. - Tracy McGrady
    34. Im Still Ballin - Steve Nash
    35. 1987_Lakers - Ray Allen
    36. Shooter - James Harden

5th round
    37. Shooter - Kevin McHale
    38. 1987_Lakers - John Stockton
    39. Im Still Ballin - Reggie Miller
    40. AlternativeAcc. - Chauncey Billups
    41. Wally450 - Isiah Thomas
    42. SouBeachTalents - Jayson Tatum
    43. John8204 - Elgin Baylor
    44. iamgine - Jason Kidd
    45. post - Rudy Gobert

6th round
    46. post - Draymond Green
    47. Iamgine - Dennis Rodman
    48. John8204 - Jimmy Butler
    49. SouBeachTalents - Oscar Robertson
    50. Wally450 - Manu Ginobili
    51. AlternativeAcc. - Gary Payton
    52. Im Still Ballin - Karl Malone
    53. 1987_Lakers - Paul Pierce
    54. Shooter - Ben Wallace

7th round
    55. Shooter - Chris Webber
    56. 1987_Lakers - Rasheed Wallace
    57. Im Still Ballin - Patrick Ewing
    58. AlternativeAcc. - Dwight Howard
    59. Wally450 - Pau Gasol
    60. SouBeachTalents - Nate Thurmond
    61 John8204 - Dominique Wilkins
    62. iamgine - Penny Hardaway
    63. post - Kyle Korver

8th round
    64. post - Zion Williamson
    65. Iamgine - Dikembe Mutombo
    66. John8204 - Damian Lillard
    67. SouBeachTalents - John Havlicek
    68. Wally450 - Alonzo Mourning
    69. AlternativeAcc. - Chris Mullin
    70. Im Still Ballin - Shane Battier
    71. 1987_Lakers - Walt Frazier
    72. Shooter - Kris Middleton

9th Round
    73. Shooter - Kyrie Irving
    74. 1987_Lakers - Chris Bosh
    75. Im Still Ballin - Mark Price
    76. AlternativeAcc. - Andrei Kirilenko
    77. Wally450 - Clyde Drexler
    78. SouBeachTalents - Al Horford
    79. John8204 - Bill Laimbeer
    80. iamgine - Grant Hill
    81. Post - Jrue Holiday

10th Round
    82. post - elena delle donne
    83. Iamgine - Arvydas Sabonis
    84. John8204 - Sidney Moncrief
    85. SouBeachTalents - Eddie Jones
    86. Wally450 - Rajon Rondo
    87. AlternativeAcc. - Joe Dumars
    88. Im Still Ballin - Michael Cooper
    89. 1987_Lakers - Artis Gilmore
    90. Shooter

You should do the mock drafts because Reggie always goes way ahead of Clyde..this forum doesn't have a search but I would be very curious to see if Clyde has even been taken over Reggie
    God awful take. Reggie is taken in these circumstances as a role player, his game is more complimentary to other superstars. Ray Allen was taken before Miller in the example you provided, weird he's not in your top 10. Hang yourself.

If we’re ranking people with consideration of their cap hit and usage, Harden is not top 100, probably not even close. Hes a guy Im avoiding like the plague. There are countless players Id rather have when factoring in their respective roles on a team.

Would I rather have Harden getting Jordan Farmar touches and salary over Farmar himself? Yeah, sure. But would I rather have Farmer at Farmar salary/touches than Harden at Harden salary/touches and hope to find a star elsewhere? Yes.

So… I dont really value Harden much at all in terms of realistic cost-benefit.

So it’s not even worth tryin to rank him cuz to me he doesnt chart.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    God awful take. Reggie is taken in these circumstances as a role player, his game is more complimentary to other superstars. Ray Allen was taken before Miller in the example you provided, weird he's not in your top 10. Hang yourself.
    How good is Clyde if role players are taken before him?

And yeah I don't have Ray Allen in my top ten

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    If we’re ranking people with consideration of their cap hit and usage, Harden is not top 100, probably not even close. Hes a guy Im avoiding like the plague. There are countless players Id rather have when factoring in their respective roles on a team.

Would I rather have Harden getting Jordan Farmar touches and salary over Farmar himself? Yeah, sure. But would I rather have Farmer at Farmar salary/touches than Harden at Harden salary/touches and hope to find a star elsewhere? Yes.

So… I dont really value Harden much at all in terms of realistic cost-benefit.

So it’s not even worth tryin to rank him cuz to me he doesnt chart.
    This is actually one of the most idiotic takes I've ever seen on this forum. Morons like you use the phrase "it's not even close" to loosely. First of all, who in the world ranks players based of their cap hit and usage rate?? You just created a ranking system worse than any elementary schooler could think of. When you're a star player, you're automatically going to take up more cap space than any player on your team. That's kind of how it works in all sports. And if you weren't already aware, players are ranked based off their impact, accolades, and team success. While Harden may not have a championship, you can not deny his insane offensive impact, especially between 2016-2020. He was practically the entire offense of the Rockets team, and did a damn good job at running it. If it weren't for how unfairly great that KD Warriors team was, and CP3's hamstring injury in the 2018 WCF, Harden would probably have a championship to his name right now.

And holy shit, thank god you're not a gm. Imagine typing out that you'd rather have Jordan ****ing Farmar over James Harden and thinking "yeah I'm gonna post this"

I thought I told you to hang yourself?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    I thought I told you to hang yourself?
    Yeah but seeing as how you think I'm so stupid I figured you could make an argument but it doesn't seem like you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A. View Post
    This is actually one of the most idiotic takes I've ever seen on this forum. Morons like you use the phrase "it's not even close" to loosely. First of all, who in the world ranks players based of their cap hit and usage rate?? You just created a ranking system worse than any elementary schooler could think of. When you're a star player, you're automatically going to take up more cap space than any player on your team. That's kind of how it works in all sports. And if you weren't already aware, players are ranked based off their impact, accolades, and team success. While Harden may not have a championship, you can not deny his insane offensive impact, especially between 2016-2020. He was practically the entire offense of the Rockets team, and did a damn good job at running it. If it weren't for how unfairly great that KD Warriors team was, and CP3's hamstring injury in the 2018 WCF, Harden would probably have a championship to his name right now.

And holy shit, thank god you're not a gm. Imagine typing out that you'd rather have Jordan ****ing Farmar over James Harden and thinking "yeah I'm gonna post this"

If youre impressed by superficial things like Harden’s regular season statistical output in a Mike DAntoni offense, thats fine.

Theres a reason he’s considered a punchline any time games matter.

He plays with a loser mentality. Thats as close to an indisputable fact as any opinion can be.

I wouldnt want that on a team Im building. And thats how I rank guys. Whom would I take on a team Im trying to win a title with? If I take Harden, it means I have to pay him a supermax bc otherwise some other team will and he leaves.

Basketball is not a one on one sport nor defined strictly by skills. There are probably Harlem globetrotters out there who could score more ppg in the NBA than pj tucker, but they wouldnt be as valuable to a team.

Harden has no value to me. Hes trash as a star and he wont fit as a role player. Why would I rank him highly as an NBA player? Hes trash as a star and cant exist as a role player. When you put that in the top 40, what are you actually measuring? What are you telling me he does? I dont think a lot of you even think thru what youre actually trying to measure when you give these rankings.

Harden is top ____ in the world.

Ok. At what exactly?

“AT basketball?” That doesnt even really make sense. Again, there are globetrotters who are brilliant “at basketball.” What do you mean he’s ranked this or that ”at basketball??”

I dont care about your point totals or how many espn voters pushed your mvp narrative. I kinda wanna win basketball games in the playoffs. To me thats being good “at basketball.”

So to me Harden is a bum.

^Except Harden does win playoff games... and the Rockets were among the NBA's best teams year in and year out with Harden as their #1.

At some point fit is always drafted over talent in these AT draft scenarios.