Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Has any other player created a dynasty with less help than Stephen Curry?

We keep hearing about how Curry has supposedly played on stacked teams but looking at what he started with the above question is more appropriate. Which other NBA dynastic team started with less?

Default Re: Has any other player created a dynasty with less help than Stephen Curry?

Default Re: Has any other player created a dynasty with less help than Stephen Curry?

Jordan

Steph has played alongside what, 3 all stars at least...and won 2 of the chips with 3 all stars by his side.

Let's not act like KD was nothing and Thompson isn't one of the best shooters ever.

Always lots of solid role players...

Calm down, big dog

NBA Superstar

The Celtics won 29 games the year Bird was drafted. 3 championships in 6 years after that.

Saw a basketball once

Luka Doncic.

NBA All-star

since dating Ayesha Curry is the same as dating a Kardashian. Yes.

other players lack the drive to push themselves due to the excessive attention they receive.

Banned

Failed to make the playoffs with a 24 ppg & 6 apg teammate and two more 16 ppg teammates at an older age than LeBron was when he led a team full of bums to the finals.
    Needed team to draft two future hall of famers and employ a future hall of fame coach. As soon as one of these components was missing, he failed to make the playoffs again (2020-21).
    His "dynasty" creating legacy is very much similar to that of jordon. The only difference is that Curry didn't end up in the playoffs with his 30 win seasons and jordon ended up playing in the playoffs because a 30-52 record was enough for a playoff spot in jordon's early days.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

A post injury 15ppg in the playoffs defensive oriented David Robinson in 99 was easily the best teammate Duncan had till he was 3 rings in.

They won the title isolating him over and over while Elliot needing a kidney transplant had like 2 points and Drob might have had 12. Second ring he’s got young TP still so inconsistent Pop was pulling him for Speedy Claxton and Manu who I think did about 9ppg on 40% shooting and couldn’t go long without needing to be pulled. Tony obviously grew to be a very good player but the closest thing to a superstar he played with between 1998 and Leonard’s last couple seasons there was Manu when he’d fully adjusted to the nba and that was generally off the bench for like 28 minutes.

The spurs were rarely some super talented team.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    The Celtics won 29 games the year Bird was drafted. 3 championships in 6 years after that.
    Bird is an interesting comparison to Curry. In 2012 the year Steph had the ankle injury that threatened his career the Warriors went 23-43 in a shortened seasoned so almost the same win rate as the 1979 Celtics. With Steph given the keys to the team the next year the Warriors also went on to win 3 championships in 6 years.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    Bird is an interesting comparison to Curry. In 2012 the year Steph had the ankle injury that threatened his career the Warriors went 23-43 in a shortened seasoned so almost the same win rate as the 1979 Celtics. With Steph given the keys to the team the next year the Warriors also went on to win 3 championships in 6 years.
    So I answered your question.

Good college starter

So I answered your question.
    You gave an answer. But does it definitively answer my question? I don't think so. Bird's main supporting cast of McHale and Parish were drafted higher and older than Klay and Draymond. When the Celtics won in 1981 Parish drafted 8th was 27 and McHale drafted 3rd was 23. Klay and Draymond were 24 in 2015. Tiny Archibald was a more decorated player than anyone Curry played with at the beginning of his career but was coming off an Achilles injury. Bird did play his first year with Cowens. Even Maravich was on the team at the time but clearly various factors I'm unaware of conspired to make that team underperform expectations the reputation of those players might lead one to set.

NBA Superstar

You gave an answer. But does it definitively answer my question? I don't think so. Bird's main supporting cast of McHale and Parish were drafted higher and older than Klay and Draymond. When the Celtics won in 1981 Parish drafted 8th was 27 and McHale drafted 3rd was 23. Klay and Draymond were 24 in 2015. Tiny Archibald was a more decorated player than anyone Curry played with at the beginning of his career but was coming off an Achilles injury. Bird did play his first year with Cowens. Even Maravich was on the team at the time but clearly various factors I'm unaware of conspired to make that team underperform expectations the reputation of those players might lead one to set.
    I don't expect that any answer will be sufficient for you.

Good college starter

I don't expect that any answer will be sufficient for you.
    The question was posed not to benefit solely myself. I am aiming higher.

7-time NBA All-Star

We keep hearing about how Curry has supposedly played on stacked teams but looking at what he started with the above question is more appropriate. Which other NBA dynastic team started with less?

rookie Klay > rookie Pippen

88' PIPPEN...................... 7.9 ppg... bench-warmer

12' KLAY......................... 12.5 ppg... starter
    12' DAVID LEE................. All-NBA
    12' MONTA ELLIS............. All-Star

People simply forget that Jordan is the most organic winner of all-time - he started with absolutely nothing, while Curry enjoyed Klay as a starter in 2012 and multiple all-star teammates.

Meanwhile, Lebron entered the league with the East all-star center on his team and added a 22/5/5 all-defender to make the 06' Playoffs as a veteran high seed.
    Last edited by 3ba11; 10-05-2022 at 11:02 AM.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    rookie Klay > rookie Pippen

88' PIPPEN...................... 7.9 ppg... bench-warmer

12' KLAY......................... 12.5 ppg... starter
    12' DAVID LEE................. All-NBA
    12' MONTA ELLIS............. All-Star

People simply forget that Jordan is the most organic winner of all-time - he started with absolutely nothing, while Curry enjoyed Klay as a starter in 2012 and multiple all-star teammates.

Meanwhile, Lebron entered the league with the East all-star center on his team and added a 22/5/5 all-defender to make the 06' Playoffs as a veteran high seed.

no one8