Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Republicans want to cut YOUR Social Security and Medicare

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

I'm sorry I cannot cure any of you children. You all have pre-existing conditions.---Republican Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    interesting question considering we have less babies born , and x generation has to get past pay out of baby boomers.
    remember inflation also means 16-50 year old's will be paying more in.

The biggest issue I have seen is where money is borrowed from it, and no interest is collected.
    It is an issue / but government is to govern people , to protect people , and taking it away is not protecting people.
    A previous poster stated longevity has decreased in the world. Where the hell did that come from.

People are living longer than ever. My mum would of died 10+ years earlier , but the medical industry pumped drugs into her to
    gain money. With two diseases arthritis and Parkinson she lived to 86 and was wheel chair and bed ridden.

my question to the republicans who want to take it away , and say that individuals should invest in their own ... dah we have been 401k plans
    because pensions aren't like they used to be. Why doesn't the government invest funds to support S.S. ?????????????
    The question is interesting to you, yet, you're too dim to entertain it yourself...

The first thing we need to do is increase deductibles for Medicare... second thing is for the government to stop providing NEW employees benefits that are no longer offered by other employers (pension, full coverage of healthcare etc.) Next, as much as I hate to say it, reduce military spending... some things we just need to give up on. No need to fund Pakistan or any other country... we're just not in a position to anymore.

I obviously don't have any way of knowing if this is enough to save social security... i doubt it is, but it's a start.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    The question is interesting to you, yet, you're too dim to entertain it yourself...

The first thing we need to do is increase deductibles for Medicare... second thing is for the government to stop providing NEW employees benefits that are no longer offered by other employers (pension, full coverage of healthcare etc.) Next, as much as I hate to say it, reduce military spending... some things we just need to give up on. No need to fund Pakistan or any other country... we're just not in a position to anymore.

I obviously don't have any way of knowing if this is enough to save social security... i doubt it is, but it's a start.
    hope you know that as of next year I will be spending $2k on medicare and you are telling us we need to increase deductibles...
    majority of people on medicare as myself are on fixed incomes. Each of us will be spending a base line of over $2k ... with a healthy year.
    You may think this is a deal... but -
    fixed income people do NOT need more costs.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32 View Post
    Hey MAGA Jackoffs,

Come to your senses.

When the Republicans end Social Security and Medicare, it ends for you too.

Not just the people you hate.
    I don't think anyone expects the government to cancel social security just like that. There has to be a proper plan in place to replace it. The question is, what is it? And in the absence of any real change, how do we as a nation sustain it?

Republicans consider your Social Security and Medicare to be wasteful government spending programs.

GOP is fazing out both over a five year period.

Replacement? The Rethugs had no replacement for the Affordable Care Act either.

Republicans: Government spending is out of control, so let's cut Social Security and Medicare for regular folks so we can also keep cutting taxes for corporations and the rich.

if republicans truly are going to cut senior citizen funds SS as well as possibly Medicare that they put funds in , I can guarantee the
    baby b'ers will come out in droves to the polls , and precious repub's will get ousted.

they are playing with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    if republicans truly are going to cut senior citizen funds SS as well as possibly Medicare that they put funds in , I can guarantee the
    baby b'ers will come out in droves to the polls , and precious repub's will get ousted.

they are playing with fire.
    Who cares, baby boomers can eat shit. They've literally run this country down to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    It's not that Republicans want to cut social security. It's that the entire system is unsustainable.

Social security is set to become insolvent by 2033. We're literally 10 years from a catastrophic event that could have lasting impacts, especially if the recession we're in continues over the long haul. As a nation, we can't continue to borrow and increase the national debt.

People would rather manage their money now. Keep in mind, life expectancy - for example - for males, has dropped to 73 years. With the retirement age climbing to 67, how is it worth it to receive social security for maybe 6 years?

The program has a good intent, but the reality of its upkeep is often ignored.
    that's right the idea is to increase retirement age , and soon the death rate will be under a year ,so the budget is balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    Who cares, baby boomers can eat shit. They've literally run this country down to the ground.
    right now you are supporting them !!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer View Post
    Republicans: Government spending is out of control, so let's cut Social Security and Medicare for regular folks so we can also keep cutting taxes for corporations and the rich.
    lmfao

MAGA voters will gladly give over their Social Security and Medicare to the Republicans.

It's M&Ms that they are really concerned about,