Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2022-23 regular season. The Tank begins...

The Cleveland Cavaliers are counting down the days until Ricky Rubio is cleared from his torn ACL. Andscape’s Marc J. Spears reported on the Hoop Collective podcast the Cavs are “ecstatic about Rubio’s return.” “He means much more to that franchise as a leader and as a guard coming off the bench than I think a lot of people know,” Spears said at the 40:20 mark.
    – via Joseph Zucker @ Bleacher Report

Tony Jones: Kelly Olynyk is listed as out tomorrow night in San Antonio, with his ankle sprain
    – via Twitter Tjonesonthenba

Brian Lewis: Royce O’Neale on facing Donovan Mitchell: “I’ll guard him a little; I might give him a hard foul or 2. For sure playing against Donovan is going to be a lot of fun. Its going to be different; used to be teammates now guarding each other. So its going to be fun” #Nets #Cavs #Jazz
    – via Twitter NYPost_Lewis

Michael Scotto: The Philadelphia 76ers are waiving Saben Lee to sign Louis King to a two-way contract, @********* has learned.
    – via Twitter MikeAScotto

“Utah, Phoenix and Atlanta …those three teams discussed a potential deal. I’m told the deal failed to gain traction when Utah asked for multiple first-round picks.” NBA Insider @ShamsCharania reports on Suns‘ Jae Crowder ( @CJC9BOSS ) and his value as well as Hawks‘ John Collins.

“Utah, Phoenix and Atlanta …those three teams discussed a potential deal. I’m told the deal failed to gain traction when Utah asked for multiple first-round picks.”

NBA Insider @ShamsCharania reports on Suns‘ Jae Crowder (@CJC9BOSS) and his value as well as Hawks‘ John Collins. pic.twitter.com/0btQBLuGDK
    — The Rally (@TheRally) December 26, 2022

– via Twitter

make them take Clarkson and Gay instead

https://www.ksl.com/article/50546592...spurs-top-jazz

Bad shooting can happen; that wasn't what Hardy was disappointed with after the loss.
    it's likely to happen as long as you keep playing the shit show

https://www.slcdunk.com/2022/12/26/2...in-san-antonio

Jordan Clarkson’s shooting makes or breaks the Jazz at times.
    mostly breaks. The worst shooter taking the most shots.

Kelsey Russo: #Cavs J.B. Bickerstaff on Ricky Rubio’s progression: “I would expect him, if things go the right way, sometime early next month. So we’re definitely progressing in the right direction.”
    – via Twitter kelseyyrusso

Cleveland Cavaliers injured point guard Ricky Rubio won’t play on the team’s upcoming two-game road trip against Indiana and Chicago, but his return is on the horizon. Still recovering from a torn left ACL that has sidelined him for nearly a year, Rubio practiced Tuesday afternoon — although the team did not do any 5 on 5, sources tell cleveland.com.
    – via Chris Fedor @ Cleveland Plain Dealer

Not only is the team eagerly awaiting his debut, but Rubio is also itching. “He is ready to go,” Bickerstaff said. “He’s pushing as much as he can and doing all the things that he can — obviously, safely. He’s talking to the guys. He and I have had conversations. He is definitely looking forward to it.”
    – via Chris Fedor @ Cleveland Plain Dealer

What was your reaction when you learned about Cleveland trading you to Utah? Lauri Markkanen: It was 10:30 at night, and I was with the Finnish national team. We were playing the next morning against Israel in the first game of EuroBasket. We were just playing video games and saw the news that Cleveland got Donovan Mitchell. We were excited. But I joked, ‘We’ll see who is a part of the deal.’ But the initial report didn’t have any names on who was traded. I wondered if I was a part of it. Then, 20 seconds later, [Cavs general manager Koby Altman] called me. Then, I put it together.

– via Mark Medina @ NBA.com

How would you compare your initial expectations of your role and the team’s success to what has actually happened to start the season? Lauri Markkanen: I had high expectations, especially after this summer. I got my confidence going with the national team. There were a lot of NBA guys [in EuroBasket]. Physically, I’m in the best shape of my life. So, I had high expectations from the beginning. We have a lot of good players on this team. So, I had high expectations with the team even coming into the year, especially after training camp started. We have a good team. We just have to stay on the same page and build off our chemistry. We have a lot of new guys. But that was the same thing last season when I was in Cleveland. Everyone was doubting you at the beginning of the year. Then we started out well. Having that experience and then going into training camp, I knew we had a good team. We just have to keep going and keep getting better with knowing each other and staying on the same page.

What do you think it will take to make the All-Star team? Lauri Markkanen: That has always been a personal goal of mine. It takes a lot. It takes us winning basketball games. We have to keep this thing going. I just have to keep getting better every day and putting numbers up on a winning team. That’s the trick. I know if I play to the best to my abilities, it’ll help the team.