Local High School Star

Default Time to listen to radio stations again for music

Used to listen to the radio all the time. Then stopped, and now I realize that the sound of the radio is way better for music than the sounds of YouTube videos coming out of TV speakers.

Yes I know one solution is to just get better speakers for the TV or whatever but there's something I miss about hearing actual radio shows

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Default Re: Time to listen to radio stations again for music

Are you ok sir?

Quote Originally Posted by Street Hunger View Post
    Used to listen to the radio all the time. Then stopped, and now I realize that the sound of the radio is way better for music than the sounds of YouTube videos coming out of TV speakers.

Yes I know one solution is to just get better speakers for the TV or whatever but there's something I miss about hearing actual radio shows

It's not just the speakers. Files are compressed on the internet for the sake of space, and that compromises sound quality regardless of your speakers. That's why physical records sound best, you got a whole big ass disk dedicated to like 9 songs or whatever. Plenty of space to fit all the audio details. CDs start compromising sound for convenience, and web files take it a step further. Radio stations broadcast the bigger files obviously cuz that's their job, which is why their sound is better than what you download.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    It's not just the speakers. Files are compressed on the internet for the sake of space, and that compromises sound quality regardless of your speakers. That's why physical records sound best, you got a whole big ass disk dedicated to like 9 songs or whatever. Plenty of space to fit all the audio details. CDs start compromising sound for convenience, and web files take it a step further. Radio stations broadcast the bigger files obviously cuz that's their job, which is why their sound is better than what you download.
    I never knew this. Well, I knew Vinyl was higher quality, but I didn't know that about radio, CDs, and web files. The whole concept of audio/sound being stored in something physical or digital is crazy. Same thing with images and video. Imagine how mindblowing that would've been for the pioneers of cameras and film. Memories that can be stored, saved, and relived.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    I never knew this. Well, I knew Vinyl was higher quality, but I didn't know that about radio, CDs, and web files. The whole concept of audio/sound being stored in something physical or digital is crazy. Same thing with images and video. Imagine how mindblowing that would've been for the pioneers of cameras and film. Memories that can be stored, saved, and relived.

when being a pseudo-intellectual goes wrong

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    CDs in theory and reality have better sound quality than vinyls when they're made from the same master.

Just get an aux cord for your car and put on Spotify. Makes driving 10x more enjoyable than just listening to the garbage the radio stations have these days

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

CD’s in a good system sound way better then mp3 or streaming.