Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: You ever been in a band?

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    Most Priest fans hate on Turbo just like Metallica fans hate on Load. They got scrutinized for it at the time and people still do. I read some contemporary snippets on it and people/critics were shocked. Not an good example to make your case.

I, personally like it, though.

I think this thread is 7 pages too long just from simple overanalyzing and strong personal beliefs. At this rate, we might as well start to question what makes Metal, Metal? But now we're trying to decipher the intricacies of the music to see if it fits into a category of Metal and that will always be subjective as you and others have pointed out. I mean, I didn't create the term "Hair Metal" within the last couple of days. That term has been around since forever https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glam_metal. To get into what makes that era sound like other Metal bands at the time or Metal bands of today is futile. That was an era of the Metal genre that faded as quickly as it rose. Sure, you have newer bands today that emulate that sound like Steel Panther and maybe early Fozzy, but that is a genre that will never come back. Metal has evolved. Old-school thrash is old-school thrash.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Oof. And the people out there trying to justify this as music. Brutal.
    You are a poseur.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    Most Priest fans hate on Turbo just like Metallica fans hate on Load. They got scrutinized for it at the time and people still do. I read some contemporary snippets on it and people/critics were shocked. Not an good example to make your case.

I, personally like it, though.
    Yeah, I love Priest but Turbo blows...I do like Turbo Lover but that's about it.
    Last edited by TheMan; 10-28-2022 at 12:10 AM.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Yeah, I love Priest but Turbo blows...I do like Turbo Lover but that's about it.
    Nonsense.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

I was in a band called Head East