Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: You ever been in a band?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Don Dokken....another master. And Ozzy is overrated trash. C'mon man. At least pretend to know this stuff.
    You like hair metal and you’re dissing the lead singer of Black Sabbath, easily one of the most important and talented bands in history?

https://youtu.be/xx6IwshTL6M

Literally better than everything any hair metal band ever did combined. Chewing is not only a fascist he’s deaf too

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    You like hair metal and you’re dissing the lead singer of Black Sabbath, easily one of the most important and talented bands in history?
    Oh my God man, Ozzy isn't Sabbath. Talented band as you said, not singer. Sabbath is IOMMI through and through and Dio, Martin, and Hughes are all better singers than Ozzy.

You see, when someone mentions Ozzy at being so grand, I have to wonder if they really know what they're talking about. Solo Ozzy has some decent stuff, but then again my ears gravitate towards Randy Rhoads or Zakk Wylde when I listen to it. Ozzy = Overrated

https://youtu.be/xx6IwshTL6M

Literally better than everything any hair metal band ever did combined. Chewing is not only a fascist he’s deaf too
    Great tune. But it's Tony's insane riffage that makes that song.

When you want to listen to Tony with a POWERFUL singer singing above his riffs, then let's listen to some DIO Sabbath

And not to get off track here, but one can appreciate Sabbath which is Heavy Metal, and then appreciate the subgenre of Hair Metal. What is it you don't like about it? The spandex? The hairspray? Get over yourself man.

Listen to this song and I dare you to tell me you actually have a problem with it:

Judas Priest could have come out with this song and you would have been none the wiser. Hell, at 0:50 seconds in the riff sounds like something you would hear on Metallica's Kill 'Em All. George Lynch just shredding it.
    Last edited by Patrick Chewing; 10-21-2022 at 02:33 PM.

Don't care for hair metal, but that Dokken song is sick. I'm more of a classic metal fan (Sabbath, Maiden, Priest, Accept, Dio) with some thrash thrown in (early Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Testament, Exodus) and a splash of prog metal (Tool). I really really hated Poison, Winger, Warrant, White Lion, Great White, Bon Jovi, Cinderella etc that dominated the charts in the late 80s/early 90s right before Nirvana blew them all up. Though I do gotta admit I like Def Leppard, Guns N' Roses (are they considered a hair band?) and early Motley Crue

Mentioning Martin and Hughes when discussing Black Sabbath

No shit Iommi is the most important member but you listing times when Ozzy, Bill Ward (and sometimes Geezer) weren’t there either as being genuine Sabbath is comical. I’m sorry you’re so ignorant you don’t know how good Ozzy sounded before he blew out his voice but that isn’t my problem.

https://youtu.be/602NgjH7vuU

https://youtu.be/9Xg2dy9UDn4

Dio is good but he didn’t fit in Sabbath. You don’t listen to doom metal and you’re afraid of smoking weed, don’t talk to me about Sabbath Everyone who knows what they’re talking about knows the best Sabbath stuff was with Ozzy. Because Ozzy fit the style the best. No one cares if Dio is technically a better singer his power meta style didn’t fit in a doom metal band, it just ended up sounding like his later solo career stuff tbqh. I refuse to even acknowledge Martin and Hughes that is insulting to any real Sabbath fan As for Ozzy’s solo career, yes it’s not great after Randy Rhoads died although it’s still solid. But that’s because Ozzy abandoned doom metal which is the type of music his voice is meant for…he never sounds quite right unless he’s playing doom. That’s why he always sounds the best with Iommi writing music for him and why Iommi always sounds best with Ozzy singing. It’s a symbiotic relationship.

I can’t believe you’re trying to tell me about metal when you like bands like Warrant and Poison lol. Go listen to Cherry Pie fatty

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Don't care for hair metal, but that Dokken song is sick. I'm more of a classic metal fan (Sabbath, Maiden, Priest, Accept, Dio) with some thrash thrown in (early Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Testament, Exodus) and a splash of prog metal (Tool). I really really hated Poison, Winger, Warrant, White Lion, Great White, Bon Jovi, Cinderella etc that dominated the charts in the late 80s/early 90s right before Nirvana blew them all up. Though I do gotta admit I like Def Leppard, Guns N' Roses (are they considered a hair band?) and early Motley Crue
    I like Guns N’ Roses. Not nearly as much as I used to but they were a good band. I would not call them hair metal they’re pretty much a continuation of what AC/DC, Aerosmith and Van Halen were doing. Slash has said many times he dislikes hair metal, he was into The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, and AC/DC. Are Def Leppard even hair metal? They predate it as far as I kno.

Mentioning Martin and Hughes when discussing Black Sabbath

No shit Iommi is the most important member but you listing times when Ozzy, Bill Ward (and sometimes Geezer) weren’t there either as being genuine Sabbath is comical. I’m sorry you’re so ignorant you don’t know how good Ozzy sounded before he blew out his voice but that isn’t my problem.

https://youtu.be/602NgjH7vuU

https://youtu.be/9Xg2dy9UDn4

Dio is good but he didn’t fit in Sabbath. You don’t listen to doom metal and you’re afraid of smoking weed, don’t talk to me about Sabbath Everyone who knows what they’re talking about knows the best Sabbath stuff was with Ozzy. Because Ozzy fit the style the best. No one cares if Dio is technically a better singer his power meta style didn’t fit in a doom metal band, it just ended up sounding like his later solo career stuff tbqh. I refuse to even acknowledge Martin and Hughes that is insulting to any real Sabbath fan As for Ozzy’s solo career, yes it’s not great after Randy Rhoads died although it’s still solid. But that’s because Ozzy abandoned doom metal which is the type of music his voice is meant for…he never sounds quite right unless he’s playing doom. That’s why he always sounds the best with Iommi writing music for him and why Iommi always sounds best with Ozzy singing. It’s a symbiotic relationship.

I can’t believe you’re trying to tell me about metal when you like bands like Warrant and Poison lol. Go listen to Cherry Pie fatty

Man I nailed it when I called you a poser. You have proven time and time again you don't know shit about Metal. You just like projecting and telling others they don't know what they're talking about just to cover for your ignorance. Dio didn't fit in Sabbath??

And Glenn Hughes is 10x the singer Dio is. Goddamn man, would it hurt you to just agree with me for once? Your bitter war against me clouds your judgment. I'll never find you and cave your ****ing skull in. So you can let your guard down you little bitch.

This M'fer wants to talk about Ozzy's voice fitting better with Doom Metal....comical

This dude thinks albums without 3/4 of the classic lineup counts as great Sabbath albums and he’s calling me a poser

Chewy you’re wrong about everything. Deal with it.

Chewing is the type of idiot who thinks Metallica was better without Cliff Burton

I like Guns N’ Roses. Not nearly as much as I used to but they were a good band. I would not call them hair metal they’re pretty much a continuation of what AC/DC, Aerosmith and Van Halen were doing. Slash has said many times he dislikes hair metal, he was into The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, and AC/DC. Are Def Leppard even hair metal? They predate it as far as I kno.

I believe GNR were considered hair metal when they had this look but yeah, I remember them being considered not being a hair band by their Appetite For Destruction era. Def Leppard were thrown into the hair metal genre but you're right, they did come up during the New Wave of British Heavy Metal era along with Iron Maiden, Saxon, Manowar etc. I also liked Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister and Ratt but this was before glam/hair metal became a category towards the mid to late 80s (Poison, Britny Fox, Stryper, Slaughter etc). I also dug Skid Row, never considered them a glam hair metal band but they too were thrown into that genre.

Never liked the hair spray, spandex and lip stick, always found that off putting. I loved early Metallica's look, now that's how a metal band is supposed to look...
    Last edited by TheMan; 10-21-2022 at 03:05 PM.

Chewing is the type of idiot who thinks Metallica was better without Cliff Burton
    No, they were better with Dave Mustaine.

You're the type of poser that throws out the mainstream names like Ozzy and Cliff Burton as some sort of badge of honor. Like you're trying to prove a point that you know what you're talking about. But when you say stupid shit like no real Black Sabbath fan would acknowledge Martin and Hughes, it just proves you're an embarrassment with little to no knowledge on Metal and the history of Metal. I bet you also think the Big 4 are the best Thrash bands out there of all time.

I know I'm only talking about the image side of these bands but this to me looks like a metal band...

This to me looks ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    No, they were better with Dave Mustaine.

You're the type of poser that throws out the mainstream names like Ozzy and Cliff Burton as some sort of badge of honor. Like you're trying to prove a point that you know what you're talking about. But when you say stupid shit like no real Black Sabbath fan would acknowledge Martin and Hughes, it just proves you're an embarrassment with little to no knowledge on Metal and the history of Metal. I bet you also think the Big 4 are the best Thrash bands out there of all time.
    Metallica from 83-86 is absolutely the best thrash band of all time. Because of Cliff’s influence, they understood melody in a way no other thrash band did besides Megadeth. You’re calling me a poser but you’re intentionally throwing out unpopular opinions in an attempt to seem edgy. You’ll be telling me Xentrix is the best thrash band soon I’m sure

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    I know I'm only talking about the image side of these bands but this to me looks like a metal band...

This to me looks ridiculous...
    I don’t give a shit if guys dress like girls but it’s funny chewing likes that stuff considering his macho posturing.