Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: UH OH! U.S. appeals court temporarily blocks Biden's student loan forgiveness pla

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    That's cool man. Now would you be a pal and fetch me a cup of coffee? I'll be in my office, the one with all the college degrees on the wall. Thanks again.
    If you have your own office youre probably more likely to be conservative.

The “democrats have more college graduates” thing is mainly due to professions like school teachers, nurses, government workers, and other female dominated occupations, since females are more likely than males to be democrats.

Important jobs obviously, but not sure how many of them have a private office with their degrees on the wall. Maybe a cubicle at the DMV I suppose.

That said, I dont concern myself with left or right much these days. Politicians wont do what the people want anyway so theres no sense arguing about it.
    Last edited by FultzNationRISE; 10-22-2022 at 08:13 PM.

Default Re: UH OH! U.S. appeals court temporarily blocks Biden's student loan forgiveness pla

genuine question. why isn't public college free? k-12 is free (nothing is actually 'free', i understand), but why the cut-off there? as i understand it, general public college classes are offered for free, but if you want to branch off into anything particular, that's no longer the case. explain it like i'm five because i have a 10th grade education... or rather, i have no experience in the educational system beyond high school.

what's the argument against it?
    Last edited by diamenz; 10-22-2022 at 08:23 PM.

That's cool man. Now would you be a pal and fetch me a cup of coffee? I'll be in my office, the one with all the college degrees on the wall. Thanks again.
    oh you're one of those guys, huh.

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    If you have your own office youre probably more likely to be conservative.
    The typical white collar setting is pretty diverse at this point from top to bottom. It isn't conservatives forcing everyone to undergo diversity training. But the sector is most telling. If it's a tech company it's going to be liberal offices from top to bottom. If it's the headquarters of Smith & Wesson then yeah.

Overall college is trending left. Even in this thread it's all the right leaning posters rooting against college grads. I know that there are still college grads that lean right, and the red states working hard to deny them relief isn't going to sit well.

That's probably why the block is temporary. They know it's an unpopular stance. The only ones cheering for it are right leaning people without degrees.

It's just a temporary stay. Let's wait until the final decision comes through.

. The only ones cheering for it are right leaning people without degrees.
    I have 3 degrees and I'm I'm cheering for this.

Can I get my mortgage forgiven too while we're at it?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    I have 3 degrees and I'm I'm cheering for this.

Can I get my mortgage forgiven too while we're at it?
    Your mortgage doesn't do anything for the country. Your education does.

If you believe in college enough to have 3 degrees you would not only understand that but you'd be cheering on free education. I think you have no degrees.

The typical white collar setting is pretty diverse at this point from top to bottom. It isn't conservatives forcing everyone to undergo diversity training. But the sector is most telling. If it's a tech company it's going to be liberal offices from top to bottom. If it's the headquarters of Smith & Wesson then yeah.

Overall college is trending left. Even in this thread it's all the right leaning posters rooting against college grads. I know that there are still college grads that lean right, and the red states working hard to deny them relief isn't going to sit well.

That's probably why the block is temporary. They know it's an unpopular stance. The only ones cheering for it are right leaning people without degrees.
    The same guys who always say 'fukk school, who needs them'.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Just another example of how Republicans don't give a sh!t about making people's lives easier.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Your mortgage doesn't do anything for the country. Your education does.

If you believe in college enough to have 3 degrees you would not only understand that but you'd be cheering on free education. I think you have no degrees.
    Acquiring a trade does most for this country, not some piece of paper under glass. A lot of degrees are meaningless.

A Master Electrician makes more than you no doubt.

I have a Masters in Business Aministration, and although I dont regret getting it, from a strategic point of view it was largely a waste of time.

And that's a practical degree. A lot of the degrees that these goldbricking knuckleheads want a refund on their loans for aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Degrees run the country. And although I have not looked I'd bet that over 90% of CEOs and wealthy individuals have a degree.

If the right is trending away from college education that will not end well. It already isn't. Those technical plumbing degrees can make someone a good salary sure. But that's the ceiling.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Degrees run the country. And although I have not looked I'd bet that over 90% of CEOs and wealthy individuals have a degree.

If the right is trending away from college education that will not end well. It already isn't. Those technical plumbing degrees can make someone a good salary sure. But that's the ceiling.
    You are wrong here. The ceiling for a plumber and attorney are similar because neither one is approaching that 500k income without owning their own business. It isn't about the degree. It is about effort and having a plan.

Every single dem I see in the government is a complete clown...

what is it with that party?

Look at some of the chicks...

Kamala, Lori Lightfoot, Stacey Abrams...

or the NY mayor.

They seem barely human. They're so completely out of touch and downright dumb.

All these contenders... Beto, Katie ****ing Hobbs, they all suck... they're all so weak.