Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Why would a loving God depend your salvation on bad evidence?

Not only bad evidence for his own existence but equally bad evidence for the resurrection of Christ, which is supposed to be the most important event in human history since your salvation is completely determined on believing in those things? Then he has the gall to damn you to hell for justifiably not believing due to such weak evidence. If God exists, he is not a loving God or a deity worthy of your worship

No Christian I've ever talked to has been able to provide an answer that makes any sense.
    Last edited by Red Pill Sports; 11-12-2022 at 12:00 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Why would a loving God depend your salvation on bad evidence?

why do you feel a need to debate them?

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools

Romans 1:18-22

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Another RRR3 alt in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools

God is a woman and im not saying that because of that song. Im 100% sure of it. I love God and know shes the finest woman in the universe literally

Welp, this is irrefutable evidence of gods existence.

Science can be proven but I prefer the foo-foo words from a centuries old book passed down and translated hundreds of times

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE View Post

Science can be proven but I prefer the foo-foo words from a centuries old book passed down and translated hundreds of times
    The irrefutable evidence is that you have no justification for science, logic, origin, reason, or morality without God. So with that being said, I'll give you something to shoot at: Given your agnosticism, justify the preconditions necessary for science.

Also, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how we have the Bible today. You're confusing translation and transmission.

Science is always changing and is not the definitive answer. Anyone should know this. A lot of Science is based on theories and not direct, concrete evidence. It's so simple to refute God by asking someone to "show me proof", but how do you show proof of your creator? Cause I can turn around and ask you to show me proof of how we were created if we weren't created by God.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodicy

I think this is interesting no matter if you believe in god or not. A lot of philosophers and scholars tackled this issue throughout centuries.

The irrefutable evidence is that you have no justification for science, logic, origin, reason, or morality without God. So with that being said, I'll give you something to shoot at: Given your agnosticism, justify the preconditions necessary for science.

Also, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how we have the Bible today. You're confusing translation and transmission.
    I can scientifically prove I’m a male by looking at my chromosomes and *****.
    I crack up when people say you can’t have morals without God.

I was a devout Christian for 20 years and studied the Bible vigorously.

I don’t mind if people believe in God. I don’t know- and I won’t know until I die. And either I will die and go to heaven/hell and my eyes will be opened to the glory of God. Or I will die and lose consciousness and and won’t be able to say either way, because I will be dead and in the ground.

I would love irrefutable evidence to prove gods existence. I welcome it. I’d rather know one way or the other rather than not know. Still waiting for evidence. Old books and scripture quotes aren’t evidence. Trees and nature are not evidence. The tale of Jesus is not evidence.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Science is always changing and is not the definitive answer. Anyone should know this. A lot of Science is based on theories and not direct, concrete evidence. It's so simple to refute God by asking someone to "show me proof", but how do you show proof of your creator? Cause I can turn around and ask you to show me proof of how we were created if we weren't created by God.
    In my eyes it's easier to say ' I don't know ' than proclaim I definitively know there's an all knowing creature that created us based on almost zero evidence.

Believing In God is an ego thing. We are not important in the universe. Thinking we are the center of it is beyond insanity. In my opinion

I can scientifically prove I’m a male by looking at my chromosomes and *****.
    You're not tracking. I'm not asking you to scientifically prove something. I'm asking you to justify the preconditions necessary for science itself. Science observes repeated patterns that take place over and over so we can learn about the world around us. In order to conduct science you must have uniformity in nature. The atheist can't account for it because according to their world view everything is the result of random evolutionary processes and at the foundation of the universe is time and chance acting on matter. I'm asking you to account for it given your agnostic world view.

I crack up when people say you can’t have morals without God.
    Well it's a good thing that's not what I said! I asked you to justify your morals without God. By what standard do you call anything wrong? To again give you something to shoot at - by what standard is the rapist wrong? If your standard is the law, then does rape become good if the law allows it?

I was a devout Christian for 20 years and studied the Bible vigorously.

I don’t mind if people believe in God. I don’t know- and I won’t know until I die. And either I will die and go to heaven/hell and my eyes will be opened to the glory of God. Or I will die and lose consciousness and and won’t be able to say either way, because I will be dead and in the ground.

I would love irrefutable evidence to prove gods existence. I welcome it. I’d rather know one way or the other rather than not know. Still waiting for evidence. Old books and scripture quotes aren’t evidence. Trees and nature are not evidence. The tale of Jesus is not evidence.
    Your problem isn't evidence. You just don't want God. Let me ask you, given your agnosticism, why do you even care? What happens, just happens. So what? Going back to the moral argument, if something "bad" happens, so what?

You're not tracking. I'm not asking you to scientifically prove something. I'm asking you to justify the preconditions necessary for science itself. Science observes repeated patterns that take place over and over so we can learn about the world around us. In order to conduct science you must have uniformity in nature. The atheist can't account for it because according to their world view everything is the result of random evolutionary processes and at the foundation of the universe is time and chance acting on matter. I'm asking you to account for it given your agnostic world view.
    The bigger the system the more chaotic. Scientific experiments to be repeatable feature a few prerequisites.
    You're saying science can't exist without god, because men can't recreate large chaotic systems basically. Science never claimed it could, science also doesn't need order in macrosystems. This is no proof that science needs a god, neither can science proof there isn't a god.

I find discussions around belief tiring. Nobody will ever convince the other side. Why discuss it?

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    In my eyes it's easier to say ' I don't know ' than proclaim I definitively know there's an all knowing creature that created us based on almost zero evidence.

Believing In God is an ego thing. We are not important in the universe. Thinking we are the center of it is beyond insanity. In my opinion
    The people that don't believe in God are usually the ones broadcasting it to the world, not the other way around. Kind of like vegans. They're always making it a point to tell people they're vegan. I just don't know of any Christians forcing their beliefs or their truth onto others.