Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    Banned

Default Re: 18 eggs cost me 10.99 today

During the pandemic, mostly every other industry was forced to adapt on the fly in order to stay operational. I remember sitting in on countless zoom meetings and had to jump through all sorts of hoops every time a new guideline or restriction was handed out. The state did everything they could to make it harder for us to work... but we stuck it out and worked around it the best way we could, even it required having to move mountains sometimes. We had no other choice.

The public school sector on the other hand did everything they could to AVOID having to re-open. Over a year into the pandemic and some states hadn't even formulated a plan yet. Didn't take a rocket scientist to see what was really going on.

what it should have been:

Great Barrington Declaration

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    blade is on permanent Team Stay Home since he mentioned to us earlier that his apartment complex lacks the proper wheelchair access to leave the building.

Quote Originally Posted by rmt View Post
    Couldn't find for teachers - here are employees:

Miami-Dade County Public Schools Employee Average Age
    Less than 18 years 5%
    18-20 years 8%
    20-30 years 39%
    30-40 years 23%
    40+ years 23%

https://www.zippia.com/miami-dade-co.../demographics/

Only 23% (of employees) over 40 years old - if career teacher (say started after college graduation) and works 30 years for pension, they would retire at 52. How many teachers are over 52 years old? What do you consider old? So, instead of allowing a small percentage of "old" teachers to teach remotely, teachers' unions forced all students (and teachers) to go remote.

And who teaches kids in schools in Sweden? And their death rate was not significantly worse than countries who shutdown.

Aren't there OLD doctors, nurses, firefighters, EMTs, etc? What's so special about teachers? Oh yes, they work with the age group LEAST likely to be affected by covid. Yet the teachers' unions/Democratic arm forced closed schools (sometimes long) after other areas/businesses opened up.

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post

I found a pic of his new Porche.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

opened my egg cartoon and found poopsie in an egg staring back at me with those long eye lashes..

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    opened my egg cartoon and found poopsie in an egg staring back at me with those long eye lashes..

lol
    eggs are coming with cartoons now? i guess that's one way to get kids eating healthy.