Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: 18 eggs cost me 10.99 today

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates View Post
    He is spot on. Joe Biden does not control egg prices. To be fair Trump was pegged unfairly the same way. But if we are going to make any kind of progress the general population really needs to stop pretending that Presidents are in complete control of the world's economy.

Even under that false guise Biden has done better with the US economy than the rest of the world has.
    May you lie down in green pastures, beside quiet waters, for your soul is in turmoil, in need of refreshing.

God bless you.

Decent playground baller

May you seek rehab.

He is spot on. Joe Biden does not control egg prices. To be fair Trump was pegged unfairly the same way. But if we are going to make any kind of progress the general population really needs to stop pretending that Presidents are in complete control of the world's economy.

Even under that false guise Biden has done better with the US economy than the rest of the world has.
    Who said anything about complete control or world economy? Way to DOUBLE COVER yourself - lol.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by rmt View Post
    Who said anything about complete control or world economy? Way to DOUBLE COVER yourself - lol.
    For the most part the entire globe is fighting inflation together. Clearly this is beyond the leader of any nation. But you can swap that to just 50% control of the US economy if you want to. And please feel free to explain how Joe Biden single handedly made eggs expensive.

For the most part the entire globe is fighting inflation together. Clearly this is beyond the leader of any nation. But you can swap that to just 50% control of the US economy if you want to. And please feel free to explain how Joe Biden single handedly made eggs expensive.
    Good luck explaining logic to rmt or any of the Trumpeters. You won't get anywhere. They think everything was wonderful under lil Donny and everything bad under biden. They don't realize that we were hit by covid and just came out of shutdowns a year and half ago. Inflation has come down significantly, and we are doing better than pretty much all of the developed countries.

All they have are numbers before covid but that means leaving out the elephant in the room (covid, shutdowns). Rmt is being intentionally obtuse, knowing full well the impact of covid, but it would damage the agenda.
    Last edited by bladefd; 04-17-2024 at 12:30 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Good luck explaining logic to rmt or any of the Trumpeters. You won't get anywhere. They think everything was wonderful under lil Donny and everything bad under biden. They don't realize that we were hit by covid and just came out of shutdowns a year and half ago. Inflation has come down significantly, and we are doing better than pretty much all of the developed countries.

All they have are numbers before covid but that means leaving out the elephant in the room (covid, shutdowns). Rmt is being intentionally obtuse, knowing full well the impact of covid, but it would damage the agenda.
    "Wait, you mean shutting down entire sectors of the economy and the public school system for TWO years wasn't a good idea???..."

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    "Wait, you mean shutting down entire sectors of the economy and the public school system for TWO years wasn't a good idea???..."

Iirc, Trump (after following the ILL-advice of public health officials like Fauci, Birx, etc) quickly realized the shutdown was a mistake and pushed for opening up. It was the DEMS who wanted us at home and masked and who were big on shutdowns - especially the teachers' unions. Republican states (like my home state Florida) pushed for opening up. Are you seriously absolving Dems of blame - what revisionist history.

Unvaccinated were dying at a significant higher rate than vaccinated throughout the 2020-2023 saga. The virus got weaker as time went by with later variants. Shutdown was the right call at least from summer 2020 to spring 2022 once the majority was vaccinated.

rmt is an alt account.

Banned

Unvaccinated were dying at a significant higher rate than vaccinated throughout the 2020-2023 saga. The virus got weaker as time went by with later variants. Shutdown was the right call at least from summer 2020 to spring 2022 once the majority was vaccinated.
    Dems during the summer of 2020:

"We need to shut everything down! Stay home! Stop the spread!"

Also dems during the summer of 2020:

Yup, these unvaccinated dems look REALLY concerned about Covid.

I strongly disagree - especially for kids. The unnecessary long-term harm to our children is a DISGRACE.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, Sweden was among the few countries that did not enforce strict lockdown measures but instead relied more on voluntary and sustainable mitigation recommendations. While supported by the majority of Swedes, this approach faced rapid and continuous criticism. Unfortunately, the respectful debate centered around scientific evidence often gave way to mudslinging. However, the available data on excess all-cause mortality rates indicate that Sweden experienced fewer deaths per population unit during the pandemic (2020–2022) than most high-income countries and was comparable to neighboring Nordic countries through the pandemic. An open, objective scientific dialogue is essential for learning and preparing for future outbreaks.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10399217/

Quote Originally Posted by rmt View Post
    I strongly disagree - especially for kids. The unnecessary long-term harm to our children is a DISGRACE.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, Sweden was among the few countries that did not enforce strict lockdown measures but instead relied more on voluntary and sustainable mitigation recommendations. While supported by the majority of Swedes, this approach faced rapid and continuous criticism. Unfortunately, the respectful debate centered around scientific evidence often gave way to mudslinging. However, the available data on excess all-cause mortality rates indicate that Sweden experienced fewer deaths per population unit during the pandemic (2020–2022) than most high-income countries and was comparable to neighboring Nordic countries through the pandemic. An open, objective scientific dialogue is essential for learning and preparing for future outbreaks.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10399217/
    Who teaches kids in schools?

Banned

Her rmt, blade clearly has me on ignore because he is a coward so ask him the following question.

During the summer of 2020, was he on "Team Stay Home" or "Team Go Out and Protest". Since he was so concerned about Covid.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    Her rmt, blade clearly has me on ignore because he is a coward so ask him the following question.

During the summer of 2020, was he on "Team Stay Home" or "Team Go Out and Protest". Since he was so concerned about Covid.
    blade is on permanent Team Stay Home since he mentioned to us earlier that his apartment complex lacks the proper wheelchair access to leave the building.

Who teaches kids in schools?
    Couldn't find for teachers - here are employees:

Miami-Dade County Public Schools Employee Average Age
    Less than 18 years 5%
    18-20 years 8%
    20-30 years 39%
    30-40 years 23%
    40+ years 23%

https://www.zippia.com/miami-dade-co.../demographics/

Only 23% (of employees) over 40 years old - if career teacher (say started after college graduation) and works 30 years for pension, they would retire at 52. How many teachers are over 52 years old? What do you consider old? So, instead of allowing a small percentage of "old" teachers to teach remotely, teachers' unions forced all students (and teachers) to go remote.

And who teaches kids in schools in Sweden? And their death rate was not significantly worse than countries who shutdown.

Aren't there OLD doctors, nurses, firefighters, EMTs, etc? What's so special about teachers? Oh yes, they work with the age group LEAST likely to be affected by covid. Yet the teachers' unions/Democratic arm forced closed schools (sometimes long) after other areas/businesses opened up.
    Last edited by rmt; 04-18-2024 at 12:39 PM.