Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

Default Re: 18 eggs cost me 10.99 today

Quote Originally Posted by Chick Stern View Post
    Where the F are you shopping? Gelsons?
    OP buys his eggs at Gucci

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Small markets are getting killed right now. I've seen some reports of $10 for a head of lettuce. Water shortages in California and Arizona, weird climate, soaring costs and labor, lack of parts for production equipment etc etc. The big grocery chains contract buy ahead of time at fixed prices but the smaller markets buy as needed. I can see many smaller grocery markets folding in the next few years and the bigger chains getting stronger, especially if Kroger is allowed to merge with Albertsons. I've read that 80-90% of the nation's largest corporate mergers in last 50 years took place under Democrat presidents who will decide the FTC majority. You'd think it would be the opposite and under Republican presidents.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

These Libs on this site buy those caged chicken eggs with very little protein and higher saturated fat. Cage-free farm fresh eggs for the rest of us. This is why Libs tend to have higher estrogen levels than Conservatives.

https://www.instacart.com/landing?pr...5f8b44fabcf214

look at this at super king market. Its not even a high end market. Thats where i went to shop too.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    These Libs on this site buy those caged chicken eggs with very little protein and higher saturated fat. Cage-free farm fresh eggs for the rest of us. This is why Libs tend to have higher estrogen levels than Conservatives.
    Libs always buy the commercial grade eggs and claim everything is still cheap. They never get the good stuff so they can't judge the correct pricing of things. Even those restaurant grade eggs are now $5.99 a dozen.

Have you seen the price of milk. A standard half gallon used to cost $4.99. Now at walmart its $7.99.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKobeFan View Post
    Libs always buy the commercial grade eggs and claim everything is still cheap. They never get the good stuff so they can't judge the correct pricing of things. Even those restaurant grade eggs are now $5.99 a dozen.

Have you seen the price of milk. A standard half gallon used to cost $4.99. Now at walmart its $7.99.
    LOL yeah right it's libs that are the ones who spend top dollar on cage free kind-hearted organic shit.

The Trump hats are at Walmart. The libs are in Whole Foods.

Overall when it comes to inflation I can find empathy for rent prices, or those who can not get in a home. When Gas prices are over $5 I can get with that too a bit. But if you're in financial despair over eggs and milk? That either means you are lower class and poor, or you are being a tribal dolt. With you it could be both.

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    LOL yeah right it's libs that are the ones who spend top dollar on cage free kind-hearted organic shit.

Overall when it comes to inflation I can find empathy for rent prices, or those who can not get in a home. When Gas prices are over $5 I can get with that too a bit. But if you're in financial despair over eggs and milk? That either means you are lower class and poor, or you are being a tribal dolt. With you it could be both.
    You enjoy overpaying on basic necessities? When food cost was $600 a month 3 years ago and it is now $1000, you think the middle class likes that?

Trust me, I have WAY more things than you, and i'm talking about net worth.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Sounds like an elitist mentality.

Poopsie wants them all foods for free. Unfortunately, the world just isn't too kind for him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKobeFan View Post
    You enjoy overpaying on basic necessities? When food cost was $600 a month 3 years ago and it is now $1000, you think the middle class likes that?

Trust me, I have WAY more things than you, and i'm talking about net worth.
    You don't know anything about me chief, but the fact that you are the one spending your day crying about eggs and not me is telling enough

Groceries as a whole have not gone up 40% either, only a few particular items like eggs.

And you know why eggs have spiked so hard?

Look here.

Bird flu.

Eggs are expensive because of bird flu and not because Democrats.

Overall the inflation caused by the Trump stimulus is falling. Biden is saving us from it and dodged recession. This will be hard for conservatives to accept over the coming months.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Sounds like an elitist mentality.
    You're the Wal-Mart dweller.

You don't know anything about me chief, but the fact that you are the one spending your day crying about eggs and not me is telling enough

Groceries as a whole have not gone up 40% either, only a few particular items like eggs.

And you know why eggs have spiked so hard?

Look here.

Bird flu.

Eggs are expensive because of bird flu and not because Democrats.
    For a smaller operation like Andrews’ Farm in Wallingford, there’s a different challenge causing a price hike.

“It doesn’t affect me at all so far, mostly because of the way we raise our birds,” Andrews said.

He said his eggs are now selling for more due in part to the increased shipping cost of buying feed for his chicken.

“We had to go from $5 a dozen to $8 a dozen, and 90% of that is fuel prices,” said Jeff Andrews, owner of Andrews’ Farm.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...s-why/2895029/

Overall the inflation caused by the Trump stimulus is falling. Biden is saving us from it and dodged recession. This will be hard for conservatives to accept over the coming months.
    you find one article, i can find another

in the end of the day, there's hyper inflation and everything is going up. Biden duped you and got you to vote for him on a bunch of empty promises.

Found paksat's alt.