Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Lebron did "decision" because he couldnt win East so he can't take any team to Finals

It's just another media lie

In Lebron's 5th healthy season (2008), he only had a 45-win team and 2nd Round loser until he received the elite spacing in 2009 that his game needs to thrive (Mo Williams).

Ultimately, 1-star teams were enough to win the East the majority of years (Iverson, Kidd, Dwight, 07' Lebron) so his super-teams were massive overkill and cheat code
    Last edited by 3ba11; 11-25-2022 at 11:15 AM.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Lebron did "decision" because he couldnt win East so he can't take any team to Fi

1-9

Default Re: Lebron did "decision" because he couldnt win East so he can't take any team to Fi

Banned again

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Nice to see mods patrol this place once in a while. I mean, I'm all for freedom of speech, but when someone makes the same thread over and over again for years something has to be done.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I saw the topic, but admit to ignoring it. I was gonna tell him to go wash his bathtub instead of keeping the shower curtain closed because I can’t imagine he has many female visitors who prompt such cleaning but decided not to even speak.

There’s nothing more to say on any of these subjects. Dudes just getting out of bed and writing something they wrote 68 times before just to relieve the pressure of keeping Lebron criticism inside overnight I guess.

He wouldn’t get banned if he could think of something new.

If I put my mind to it I bet I could come up with something halfway different.

Hes made 1800 Lebron topics but only has like 12 things to say.

Where is his topic about Lebrons supposed 5 position defense being an over praised aspect of his game because in a league of stretch bigs that just means he’s a small forward? Shawn Marion could defend Tmac and Yao in the same game so obviously he could guard the entire nba now.

Why not ask where Lebrons post game went after he worked out with Hakeem?

Why not discuss how readily he acquiesced to the switch off KD for big shots in the finals? Just strolled away and let the warriors decide who defended KD down the stretch.

Know how many missed clutch free throws could be highlighted?

How many awful 08 and 2010 playoff games there are to talk about?

Put some gotdamn work in if you care so much. But no. He will come back and make some topic for the 88th time and get banned again by someone who isn’t too lazy to handle it like I am.

LeBron was one of the best post players in the league last year statistically it didn’t go anywhere. The other stuff sure he could talk about but he won’t.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Bron is scared to fail. So he’s predisposed to being a competitive coward, and needing to stack the deck, in order to win as easily as possible. What he doesn’t realize in his limited IQ, the level of difficulty makes things more rewarding and valuable.
    Last edited by WhiteKyrie; 11-25-2022 at 01:30 PM.

He shot 54% on 2 shots a game in the post which…today…is a lot. But it’s not something he uses at the rate he could when shots aren’t falling. It’s the modern version of 90s players who shot well on 3 but only took 78 the whole year.

Its good but…you know?

That’s more of a league wide issue than it is a LeBron issue. Who posts up a lot besides Embiid and Jokic?

Nobody really does but if you aren’t going to do it why was footage released of you training at it? It’s like if DeMar DeRozan released footage of him at the Stephen Curry shooting school for two summers and then he has a season where he shoots like 38% but only takes one and a half a game.

It’s not that it’s bad….it’s more…why bother talking about it? Why show me videos?

I will remove one scoop of my criticism if publicizing it was Hakeem’s idea though. I know he was being paid for those services and I feel like I’ve seen both Kobe and Amare Stoudemire footage with him too. Maybe Dwight. Hakeem might’ve been the one trying to get that out there but I’m not sure.

He did post up more before the league moved away from it though. He also can’t really play in the paint much with the lineup the Lakers have.

Lebron can probably do whatever he wants. But I’m not really talking that much about specific situations anyway. More an approach. And you’re right it is the whole league but it feels like such a glaring omission.

In this league with floors so spaced and big wings handling the ball top of the 3 point line often defended by guards? Guys like Lebron and Luka can use quick post ups to get the layups even analytics love.

Theres this impression that posting up is some slow low post bogging down the game thing. Look at this….

That’s a quick post up from 3 all the way into a layup and that’s with bigs in the way. Todays bigs can keep their man on the corner.

Gary Payton would be walking guys into layups at will in this league. The only wing that seems to realize how easy it is with a mismatch right now is Luka and even he could do it twice as often as he does. If LeBron had that Payton or Jordan ability to post up and get you where he wants you and finish with his passing and today’s shooting, there would be absolutely no way to slow him down.

guys are content to face up and try to blow by when someone like LeBron, who is Karl Malone size should be able to walk almost every wing in the NBA right into a layup from virtually anywhere.

It’s seen as an old school approach but it’s just common sense at times. They guard you one on one with someone you have 60 pounds on…walk him down and lay it up.

I read somehwhere that Luka has the most post points this year, or something like that.

Players who lead the league in one-on-one situations (post-up and isolation points combined)

Luka Doncic - 20.1
    Joel Embiid - 17.7
    Pascal Siakam - 13.3
    Kevin Durant - 13.3
    Zion Williamson - 13.2

Per Twitter