Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    3-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    10,868

    Default Luka, Giannis and SGA with 28+ PER despite shooting poorly on threes

    So the idea that a player needs elite 3-point shooting to run roughshod in today's league is another false narrative put forth by the ignorant and dumb media.

    It's funny because Luka is shooting 29% on 7 attempts - it's low IQ basketball for Luka and Lebron to shoot poorly at any level of meaningful volume (anything over 1.5 attempts).. goat-level players simply don't do it because it's obviously low IQ

  2. #2
    NBA Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    13,153

    Default Re: Luka, Giannis and SGA with 29+ PER despite shooting poorly on threes

    So now youíre somehow bitching about how the media thinks that only elite 3-point shooters can dominate. But youíve spent ten years bitching about the media golden boy who...isnít an elite 3 point shooter.

    Pretty hilarious.

  3. #3
    3-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    10,868

    Default Re: Luka, Giannis and SGA with 29+ PER despite shooting poorly on threes

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    So now you’re somehow bitching about how the media thinks that only elite 3-point shooters can dominate. But you’ve spent ten years bitching about the media golden boy who...isn’t an elite 3 point shooter.

    Pretty hilarious.

    The media usually considers Lebron a viable 3-point shooter and better than Jordan at threes - they think Lebron passes the threshold but not MJ - they will point to Lebron shooting 36 and 37% at high volume and say "see, he's viable but I don't know if Jordan could be"

    In contrast, the media has questions whether Jordan could play today because of the three-point issue - this is a common theme

    But now that Luka and SGA are ripping up the league from the backcourt, the media and you guys have egg on your face.. And again, it's funny that Luka is shooting so poorly at high volume (7 attempts), while MJ never shot poorly whenever he had over 1.5 attempts.. The media is just ignorant and dumb.. :

  4. #4
    NBA Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    13,153

    Default Re: Luka, Giannis and SGA with 28+ PER despite shooting poorly on threes


  5. #5
    Recovery beer Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    8,807

    Default Re: Luka, Giannis and SGA with 28+ PER despite shooting poorly on threes

    What's your opinion on David Robinson, OP?

  6. #6
    NBA Legend AirBonner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    15,905

    Default Re: Luka, Giannis and SGA with 28+ PER despite shooting poorly on threes

    Tatum ran through Giannis with his superior 3pt shot last post season

  7. #7
    3-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    10,868

    Default Re: Luka, Giannis and SGA with 28+ PER despite shooting poorly on threes

    Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    Tatum ran through Giannis with his superior 3pt shot last post season

    Giannis beat Duant and Booker...

  8. #8
    3-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    10,868

    Default Re: Luka, Giannis and SGA with 28+ PER despite shooting poorly on threes

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    What's your opinion on David Robinson, OP?

    Could've been the GOAT if he grew up today and was able to flesh out that guard handle that he has.. He would've been Giannis but bigger and stronger.. and lefty.. yikes
    Last edited by 3ba11; 11-27-2022 at 04:27 PM.

  9. #9
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,411

    Default Re: Luka, Giannis and SGA with 28+ PER despite shooting poorly on threes

    jokic 2nd in career bpm now

    are you panicking

  10. #10
    3-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    10,868

    Default Re: Luka, Giannis and SGA with 28+ PER despite shooting poorly on threes

    Quote Originally Posted by post View Post
    jokic 2nd in career bpm now

    are you panicking

    Jokic will fall just like all the rest

    The Jokic/Murray duo is actually very instructive on how to view MJ/Pippen... i.e. MJ was simply good enough to win with Pippen's secondary level of production and the resulting winning spotlight is why Pippen started making All-NBA in 1992 (5th season).. Compare this trajectory to 4th-year Jamal Murray from the 2020 Playoffs - Jokic wasn't good enough to win with Murray's 27/5/7 on 63% true shooting, so Murray wasn't elevated to media accolade thereafter like Pippen.. This is just a simple example but it applies to anyone that fails to win with Iggy-caliber help from the sidekick.

  11. #11
    Goatbrook SouBeachTalents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,417

    Default Re: Luka, Giannis and SGA with 28+ PER despite shooting poorly on threes

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Jokic will fall just like all the rest

    The Jokic/Murray duo is actually very instructive on how to view MJ/Pippen... i.e. MJ was simply good enough to win with Pippen's secondary level of production and the resulting winning spotlight is why Pippen started making All-NBA in 1992 (5th season).. Compare this trajectory to 4th-year Jamal Murray from the 2020 Playoffs - Jokic wasn't good enough to win with Murray's 27/5/7 on 63% true shooting, so Murray wasn't elevated to media accolade thereafter like Pippen.. This is just a simple example but it applies to anyone that fails to win with Iggy-caliber help from the sidekick.
    Which duo did Jordan beat that was as good as 2020 LeBron/AD? Shaq/Penny is the only one that's in the convo, and frankly Penny is clearly the worst of the 4 and a tier below imo.

  12. #12
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,411

    Default Re: Luka, Giannis and SGA with 28+ PER despite shooting poorly on threes

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Jokic will fall just like all the rest

    The Jokic/Murray duo is actually very instructive on how to view MJ/Pippen... i.e. MJ was simply good enough to win with Pippen's secondary level of production and the resulting winning spotlight is why Pippen started making All-NBA in 1992 (5th season).. Compare this trajectory to 4th-year Jamal Murray from the 2020 Playoffs - Jokic wasn't good enough to win with Murray's 27/5/7 on 63% true shooting, so Murray wasn't elevated to media accolade thereafter like Pippen.. This is just a simple example but it applies to anyone that fails to win with Iggy-caliber help from the sidekick.
    1. i don't care much about titles

    2. pippen was 10th in the nba in bpm in 91

    currently that would be the equivalent of jokic having tatum

    in 2020 it would've been the equivalent of having butler

    it's pretty elementary to look this stuff up

    teams don't win titles by having guys like murray temporarily go off

    the false media narrative is jokic has a "real squad" now

    jokic would take tatum or butler over murray in a heartbeat

  13. #13
    3-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    10,868

    Default Re: Luka, Giannis and SGA with 28+ PER despite shooting poorly on threes

    Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Which duo did Jordan beat that was as good as 2020 LeBron/AD? Shaq/Penny is the only one that's in the convo, and frankly Penny is clearly the worst of the 4 and a tier below imo.

    Worthy was top 50, while AD is top 75 and probably didn't deserve it.

    Worthy has more titles and FMVP than AD, while also matching AD's only achievement (dominating a WCF to carry his team to the Finals) - see the 87' WCF.... So Magic/Worthy compare well to Lebron/AD just like Shaq/Penny.

    Unfortunately, despite getting domination from Murray, the reason Jokic failed to conquer top tier comp like MJ did is because Jokic himself wet the bed and couldn't dominate Lebron like Dirk did or like MJ dominated Magic and Shaq.. Since Jokic wasn't good enough to win with 4th year Murray, Murray wasn't elevated to media accolade in his 5th year like 92' Pippen making all-nba

  14. #14
    Goatbrook SouBeachTalents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,417

    Default Re: Luka, Giannis and SGA with 28+ PER despite shooting poorly on threes

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Worthy was top 50, while AD is top 75 and probably didn't deserve it.

    Worthy has more titles and FMVP than AD, while also matching AD's only achievement (dominating a WCF to carry his team to the Finals) - see the 87' WCF.... So Magic/Worthy compare well to Lebron/AD just like Shaq/Penny.

    Unfortunately, despite getting domination from Murray, the reason Jokic failed to conquer top tier comp like MJ did is because Jokic himself wet the bed and couldn't dominate Lebron like Dirk did or like MJ dominated Magic and Shaq.. Since Jokic wasn't good enough to win with 4th year Murray, Murray wasn't elevated to media accolade in his 5th year like 92' Pippen making all-nba
    Pippen was top 50 and has more titles than virtually every player in history, so looks like by your own criteria Pippen was part of the greatest duo in NBA history.

    And so now Worthy was better than the guy you claim carried LeBron in 2020, therefore making him better than LeBron too? You're a total fcking clown :

  15. #15
    3-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    10,868

    Default Re: Luka, Giannis and SGA with 28+ PER despite shooting poorly on threes

    Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Pippen was top 50 and has more titles than virtually every player in history, so looks like by your own criteria Pippen was part of the greatest duo in NBA history.

    And so now Worthy was better than the guy you claim carried LeBron in 2020, therefore making him better than LeBron too? You're a total fcking clown :

    Pippen is the only guy that I'm saying is overrated and doesn't belong in the top 50 - that's the whole point - he doesn't belong and didn't deserve nearly all of his all-nba or top 50

    Everyone in the top 75 demonstrated top tier dominance like AD in the 2020 Playoffs, or Giannis in 2021 or Dirk in 2011 or Wade in 2006 or Worthy in 88' Finals or 87' Playoffs.... Only Pippen lacks examples of top 75-caliber.

    And why can't Worthy be better than Lebron for a playoff run when we saw AD do this in the 2020 Playoffs or Wade be superior in the 2011 Playoffs and Finals?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •