Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Players that lack expert jumpshot to shoot over defenses NEED SPACING to drive

It's a vulnerability... a flaw... a weakness compared to guys that can rely on their jumper and therefore win with lane-cloggers as teammates (bricklayers or centers).

Furthermore, expert jumpshooters will lead their team in jumpshooting in the playoffs and this includes threes - they can play the "shooter" role (so they don't need as many shooters as teammates), and they can shoot over defenses, so they don't need wide driving lanes or spacing.

Default Re: Players that lack expert jumpshot to shoot over defenses NEED SPACING to drive

You were warned to stop making the same threads over and over again and you STILL can’t do it. Please see a therapist.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Players that lack expert jumpshot to shoot over defenses NEED SPACING to drive

You've made this thread before.

Think of something new.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    You were warned to stop making the same threads over and over again and you STILL can’t do it. Please see a therapist.

This is a legitimate thread so f*ck off loser and go stalk someone else you weirdo

Everyone remembers that you spent Christmas looking up family and you probably spent Thanksgiving adding more soil to the burials on your back yard... Sicko

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Prime Iverson couldn’t drive
    Iverson was an expert jump shooter
    Eric Snow, George Lynch, Tyrone Hill, and Mutombo were “spacing”

Which of those things were true? Feels like if you’re right…one of the 3 has to be. Not that you like to apply your theories to anyone but the subject of your eternal struggle….I still find myself curious. If non expert shooters need spacing to drive why could Allen Iverson and dozens of other non-expert shooters playing without spacing drive so successfully?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    obviously, he’s not actually making a point that isn’t about LeBron but here I am trying to give an out to see if he can poke his head into talking about people completely unrelated.

He will do it on Alts to throw off the scent I’m just trying to get it out of the main account. I’m bored in hobby lobby with this woman looking for decorations.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Prime Iverson couldn’t drive
    Iverson was an expert jump shooter
    Eric Snow, George Lynch, Tyrone Hill, and Mutombo were “spacing”

Which of those things were true? Feels like if you’re right…one of the 3 has to be. Not that you like to apply your theories to anyone but the subject of your eternal struggle….I still find myself curious. If non expert shooters need spacing to drive why could Allen Iverson and dozens of other non-expert shooters playing without spacing drive so successfully?

Iverson was an expert jumpshooter just like Jordan - the vast majority of his shots were jumpers - he absolutely didn't need the rim attack to get 40 or 50

And guys like Westbrick can still get numbers without spacing, but their numbers and winning is better with spacing and they need more of it than expert jumpshooters need
    Last edited by 3ba11; 11-28-2022 at 02:22 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    obviously, he’s not actually making a point that isn’t about LeBron but here I am trying to give an out to see if he can poke his head into talking about people completely unrelated.

He will do it on Alts to throw off the scent I’m just trying to get it out of the main account. I’m bored in hobby lobby with this woman looking for decorations.

I never said that spotty-shooting ball-dominators can't put up numbers without great spacing, but their skillset needs spacing more than expert jumpshooters because they rely on driving more than shooting over defenses.. Otoh, guys that consistently shoot over defenses can win without an elite-shooting team or with lane-cloggers/bricklayers as sidekick.

Kobe Stan

Plenty of non-shooters have still been able to drive to the rim almost at-will. This thread is dumb like most of OPs.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    This is a legitimate thread so f*ck off loser and go stalk someone else you weirdo

Everyone remembers that you spent Christmas looking up family and you probably spent Thanksgiving adding more soil to the burials on your back yard... Sicko
    Jews don’t celebrate Christmas buddy. Meltdown.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post

Plenty of non-shooters have still been able to drive to the rim almost at-will without good spacing.

2 reasons that ball-dominators need more shooters/spacing help than expert jumpshooters:

1) Wider driving lanes benefit the ball-dominator more than the expert jumpshooter, who can shoot over defenses

2) The ball-dominator needs good kickout options to have viable team offense and a viable team, while the expert jumpshooter plays the shooter role themselves, which reduces the amount of shooting help they need

i.e. the 2008 Cavs were a bummy, 45-win underdog until elite shooting help arrived in 2009 to open up Lebron's game and turn the team into league favorites

spam
    You just want to be banned again don’t you

2 reasons that ball-dominators need more shooters/spacing help than expert jumpshooters:

1) Wider driving lanes benefit the ball-dominator more than the expert jumpshooter, who can shoot over defenses

2) The ball-dominator needs good kickout options to have viable team offense and a viable team, while the expert jumpshooter plays the shooter role themselves, which reduces the amount of shooting help they need

i.e. the 2008 Cavs were a bummy, 45-win underdog until elite shooting help arrived in 2009 to open up Lebron's game and turn the team into league favorites
    There it is.

Sort of like how Pippen turned a bummy 40 win team who couldn’t get out of the first round into a dynasty.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Sort of like how Pippen turned a bummy 40 win team who couldn’t get out of the first round into a dynasty.

I would agree with you if Pippen arrived on the Bulls and was an all-star in 88' with very good PER, WS/48, VORP, BPM, scoring and efficiency - but he didn't do that until 91' - otoh, Mo arrived and immediately did exactly that with superior stats than 90' Pippen across the board - he was superior offensively than 90' Pippen across the board while the Cavs had the #3 defense (#19 for the Bulls)

btw, both Jordan and Lebron made the 2nd Round in their 3rd healthy season (88' and 06'), except Lebron had a 2x all-star center and a 22/5/5 all-defender in a conference that 1-star teams were winning, while MJ had a bummy team of rookies in a conference that required a super-team to win.
    Last edited by 3ba11; 11-28-2022 at 05:58 PM.