Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron says he is "number one leader" of Team USA

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Team USA should win gold easily, Argentina is the only team that's good enough to beat them, this is not the World championship or the Olympics.
    As for the USA invitational idea, it won't happen, players need to rest, and USA players are the ones who like less playing on their holidays.

The USA Team beat Argentina by more that 15 Points in the Battle for 3rd the score is 96-81 in the FIBA Championship. Argentina is an aging team i guess Spain, Greece, Italy and France are currently the most powerful team in the Basketball World.

My Final Four Prediction

1. USA vs. Spain- Gold Medal Game
    2. Italy vs. France - Bronze Medal Game.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 07-27-2007 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    The USA Team beat Argentina by more that 15 Points in the Battle for 3rd the score is 101-86. Argentina is an aging team i guess Spain, Greece, Italy and France are currently the most powerful team in the Basketball World.

My Final Prediction

1. USA vs. Spain- Gold Medal Game
    2. Italy vs. France - Bronze Medal Game.
    You're talking about the qualifying tournament?

You're talking about the qualifying tournament?

2008 Beijing, Olympics unless China rigged the Game and Standing which might likely happen knowing that they are the host country....

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    2008 Beijing, Olympics unless China rigged the Game and Standing which might likely happen knowing that they are the host country....
    The Greek team is better than the french one.

The Greek team is better than the french one.
    I forgot about the Greek Squad they are pretty much the same team and definitely belong in the top 4 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNader
    I don't think I've ever seen a more retarded poster than Expatsunsfan.

At least people like Lebron23 give up when they get owned, rather then try and dig themselves into an even deeper hole.

I can't wait until the afternoon ISH crew shows up and reads this sh&t.
    You know, I was all set to defend Lebron. I honestly believe that sometimes, players just say foolish things, and in Lebron's case, he's still rather young, so I almost expect it. He's been given a lot, so there will obviously be some level of arrogance that will hopefully diminish as he matures. While his comment was somewhat disrespectful, at the very least, I can understand why he would believe something like that (all the media attention he's received and the Cavs getting to the finals) and can give him somewhat of a pass...

But my goodness, the Lebron gr()upies ruined it for me. This is madness. I've never seen so many people flock in with nonsensical arguments to such a one sided argument. I have to agree with you... I can't wait for the afternoon ISH crew to show up.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    You know, I was all set to defend Lebron. I honestly believe that sometimes, players just say foolish things, and in Lebron's case, he's still rather young, so I almost expect it. He's been given a lot, so there will obviously be some level of arrogance that will hopefully diminish as he matures. While his comment was somewhat disrespectful, at the very least, I can understand why he would believe something like that (all the media attention he's received and the Cavs getting to the finals) and can give him somewhat of a pass...

But my goodness, the Lebron gr()upies ruined it for me. This is madness. I've never seen so many people flock in with nonsensical arguments to such a one sided argument. I have to agree with you... I can't wait for the afternoon ISH crew to show up.

Who is part of the afternoon ISH crew?

National High School Star allball's Avatar

you guys are hilarious. the same Bron h a t e r s whining all throughout this thread. do you know the other players didn't actually talk to him about this first and NAME him the leader and even if they didn't, is it that big of a deal? I guess if you were looking for something to pounce on maybe.
    Last edited by allball; 07-27-2007 at 09:04 AM.

Go Spurs Go

imagine if a 22 yr old kobe was on dreamteam1 with jordan, bird, magic, etc and said "im the number one leader of Team USA"

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    imagine if a 22 yr old kobe was on dreamteam1 with jordan, bird, magic, etc and said "im the number one leader of Team USA"
    what irks me even more is the way he was talking to the reporters in the video in the OP. Look at Bosh for example; you can tell he's obviously a shy guy, but at least he made an attempt to be personable, listen genuinely, make eye contact, etc.

Chandler was even better. Dude looked like he was having a conversation with an old friend, with a slight smile on his face, making constant eye contact and leaning forward to show interest in the conversation.

Lebron, on the other hand, is slouched back arrogantly, looking down, kinda frowning, not making eye contact at all, as if saying "how do these *****es think they can even approach my presence". I don't blame him, since he's probably had 10 times the interviews as bosh and 50 times the interviews as tyson chandler and has probably developed a cynical view of getting interviewed by a reporter.

LeBron couldn't even summon up the mind to answer a question 'Which celebrity you would play strip poker with?", he must've been really annoyed at the reporter because he sure looked like it.

Cornell Basketball=#1

This thread has basically descended into madness, so here's a quick summary of what has happened in the past 12 pages:

1. People are stunned (and rightfully so) that Lebron would make such an arrogant and condescending remark that he is the #1 leader, particularly when Jason Kidd is on the team.

2. I thoroughly explain how Lebron is a terrible fit for FIBA play, disrespects his teammates enough that the coaching staff wanted him cut, is arrogant, immature, a poor sport, and condescending. I also thoroughly explain how during the 06 worlds, Melo and Wade were the absolute leaders of the team both in games and in practices, which showed through their significantly better performance compared to Lebron.

3. Retards like ExpatSunsFan make one of the most f&cking dumba$$ arguments I have ever heard. According to him, since Lebron was there originally in 2006, he should be the leader in 2007, regardless of his performance or capabilities. Also, according to him, Jason Kidd has shown nothing, has no credibility or reputation (despite being 34-0 in FIBA), and doesn't deserve to be the leader since he wasn't there in 2006.

4. ExpatSunsFan continues to dodge around my extremely simple question that I posed for him on page 8, then manages to completely contradict himself later. Also, he continues to refuse to believe that Melo was the leader in 06, even know he didn't watch any of the games or practices, and simply goes based on preconceived (and horrendously ill-informed) notions.

DBDs

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    "Number one leader" sounds like something a Chinese immigrant with poor English skills would say.

Sadly, another basketball players known for his outstanding athleticism and ball skills not his IQ or professional leadership, shooting off his mouth. I get the feeling (from my distant armchair) that the number one reason the American team has been losing in international events in the last few years is this "its my team" cr*p. If they would play unselfish team basketball they would win.

The leader of the team is the coach.

Good college starter Agent_Zero's Avatar

This is absurd. The only thing Lebron can lead is the Cavs. For him to make this comment...is just ugh. He will pay for this when it's time to play some real ball and Kidd and Kobe are showing him what's real. By that point, I severely doubt Lebron will have any nails left.

Good college starter Agent_Zero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Good Old Willy

Sadly, another basketball players known for his outstanding athleticism and ball skills not his IQ or professional leadership, shooting off his mouth. I get the feeling (from my distant armchair) that the number one reason the American team has been losing in international events in the last few years is this "its my team" cr*p. If they would play unselfish team basketball they would win.

The leader of the team is the coach.

What? No. So your telling me Mike Woodson is the "leader" of the Hawks? Wrong, it's Joe. Or that Eddie Jordan is the "leader" of the Wizards? No, sorry, that's Antwan. You could be telling me that Dwyane Casey is the leader of the Timberwolves. No, it's KG.

Think before you make absurd statements.