Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron says he is "number one leader" of Team USA

Cory Matthews, Philadelphia:
    That wouldn't be the same Cory Matthews from Boy Meets World, would it? Wasn't the show also set somewhere around Philly?

Quote Originally Posted by redhonda76
    I'm not surprise by the what LeBron says, what do you expect from a person who never attended college. I doubt he was even educated in high school. But then again, that's pretty much goes for alot of the young NBA players like Amare, etc...
    College has absolutely nothing to do with what Lebron said. Bryant, for example, is quite well spoken for a basketball player and he did not attend college...

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    "Number one leader" sounds like something a Chinese immigrant with poor English skills would say.
    haha

"all your basketballs are belong to us"

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Just for saying that I hope LeBron isn't put on the same lineup as Kobe and Kidd. It's not going to work out if egos clash.

A leader's job is to lead his team, whether by example, talk, whatever. I can't imagine LeBron actually leading with Kobe and Kidd and others following. He's not gonna be able to tell the vets anything and I doubt his performance will speak for itself. He's not gonna be able to penetrate into a packed lane of four guys and the refs aren't gonna call touch fouls.

If anything, charges are called alot more frequently in Fiba, and we all know international players aren't afraid to flop at the slightest contact. If he wants to be a leader he needs to out hustle other players on scrappy plays and rebounds, then drain open shots when Kidd dishes out to him.

If he thinks him being a leader is gonna be him dribbling out the clock and then "making" a play for team USA he's completely clueless. We wouldn't have called out all these superstars if we wanted you to do that.

Not a good start for team USA. I hope LeBron withdraws his statement or something, it's messing with the chemistry, and a real leader doesn't downgrade his teammates, but then again LBJ probably wasn't even aware of himself doing that.

if lebron really thinks that, he will be the cancer of team usa.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

- "....You must feel the H-a-t-e around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes...."

You guys are insane. The guy is a team captain yet you're killing him for saying he has to lead vocally and by example?!?

National High School Star allball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
    ignorant statement. Kidd and Kobe are locks for the HoF. you need to recheck your logic if you think otherwise.

and it's not so much a matter of whose team it is, it's a matter of will Lebron fu ck things up by demanding the last shot because he's an immature person and then ruining the US's chance at the Gold.
    Kidd and Bryant of course likely will be in the Hall but Kobe is not a lock if he quits today and Kidd's HOF status has been much debated. if you believe they have attained the same status that Magic and Bird had for the same time in 92, you need to rethink your logic.

as for ingnorant statements that's what I do best.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Jason Kidd and Kobe Bryant are Hall of Fame locks. First ballot is up for debate but there is no chance of either being left out completely.

Kidd's Hall status much debated? He's in for sure. I think he's the 3rd best pg ever on talent alone. He never had the Malone type player to get assists off of like Stockton, and again I along with many others don't consider Oscar a pg.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by allball
    Kidd and Bryant of course likely will be in the Hall but Kobe is not a lock if he quits today and Kidd's HOF status has been much debated. if you believe they have attained the same status that Magic and Bird had for the same time in 92, you need to rethink your logic.

as for ingnorant statements that's what I do best.
    You hit the nail on the head, as that one is pretty ignorant. Kobe was a lock a few years ago, everything else in his career is gravy in regards to the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    - "....You must feel the H-a-t-e around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes...."

You guys are insane. The guy is a team captain yet you're killing him for saying he has to lead vocally and by example?!?

He's getting killed for coming out and saying that he has seperated himself from Wade and Melo on this team (the other team captains, aka the ones that deserved to be). Plus they may change captains this tourny.

Either way, Lebron's an assh*le

Superstar

Kobe and Kidd are first ballot HOF locks. Not even an argument here

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24
    Wow, I can't argue that. I guess Dirk isn't a leader.
    Are you saying Dirk would be the leader of Team USA ove LeBron if he was on it?

NEVER forget da SONICS RainierBeachPoet's Avatar

perhaps nick collisons addition will change this discussion...

Local High School Star ChrisConley's Avatar

That was a dumb thing to say, especially b/c the last thing we want is Kobe and LeBron's egos to collide on the court. But the hate for LeBron on this thread was a little too high. I mean the reporter asked him "Do you consider yourself a leader on this team?" and LeBron is thinking "Are you fcking kidding me!?" He was co-captain last year, showed up every game as the core player, dishing, rebounding, and scoring when necessary, showing up for warm ups early to demonstrate how important the world's are, and this reporter is asking him if he considers himself a leader? Why b/c he didn't lead the team in scoring, just did all the other little things? B/c Kobe and Kidd are joining the team so he can now sit the bench? I mean it was an insulting question and he just overreacted.

Does anyone know if the scrimmages against the young players can be viewed anywhere?