Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Default Stock Market 2023 Discussion

Have we established a bottom for Tesla?

is $104.64 as low as Tesla goes? or will it get below $100?

I picked up some TSLL (Tesla leveraged at 1.5X) and it had a nice little gain today.

https://money.cnn.com/quote/forecast...html?symb=tsla
    The 36 analysts offering 12-month price forecasts for Tesla Inc have a median target of 250.00, with a high estimate of 450.00 and a low estimate of 85.00. The median estimate represents a +120.01% increase from the last price of 113.63.
    a 120% median estimate is about as good as it gets... but I think interest rates will hurt the entire auto industry in 2023.

However, once the Fed has lowered interest rates and the Twitter drama is history, and the cybertruck comes into play... We may see this stock skyrocket once again.

Default Re: Stock Market 2023

I'm buying couple shares at $100. I don't like risky trades tbh, but $100 Tesla can't be passed up.

Decent college freshman

Not likely. Major car makers already are matching and surpassing Tesla vehicles. It was fun while it lasted

Short term who knows. It is very news driven.

In Q3 in their conference call they said they were changing their deliveries. They previously made a major push at the end of quarters to deliver as many cars as possible. They changed that last quarter.

The said there would be a gap between production and deliveries this quarter. Then when they actually reported deliveries with that gap the market freaked out yesterday. I just found out that any cars they ship to Taiwan have to be shipped from the Berlin factory which is a long trip. They have a lot of cars that are sold but in transit that don't.count as deliveries for Q4 and they got crushed for that yesterday.

The thing you have to remember is that Tesla doesn't advertise, but other car makers do. MSM is getting paid by other car makers so they have a financial incentive to talk down Tesla. I see people all the time saying things that are
    Either misleading or downright lies.

The reality is that this selloff is totally due to the Twitter deal and Elon selling so much stock. The " slowing demands" narrative will get some play for awhile but it won't last.

The cybertruck starts deliveries this year and they have 1.5 million pre-orders. On March 1 they have an investor day when they will probably announce their next generation platform which will be a compact car and/ or robo taxi.

They are already delivering the semi which has huge demand. They will sell all they can make. Their factory in Lathrop CA is starting to produce megapacks and they have over two years worth of orders already at over $1 million a piece.

The Model Y is the best selling car of any kind in Europe. MSM keeps talking about competition.coming but when you look at the details the competition is mostly incompetent.

From what I have seen the only legit EVs in this country are the Koreans, and they have no autonomy or charging network. Electrify America is a joke apparently. I have seen a.lot of reviews from people who say the stalls either don't work or are hard to use.

With a Tesla supercharger all you do is drive up and plug in. As usual their technology is way ahead.

I think this year will be the last chance to buy TSLA under $150. By the end of the year the false narratives will be dead. How low it goes in the meantime is anyone's guess.
    Last edited by tontoz; 01-04-2023 at 10:56 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    Not likely. Major car makers already are matching and surpassing Tesla vehicles. It was fun while it lasted

what a joke

College star

Consider it did a couple stock splits, so before the split, it would be around $800-900 right now. That's still too high IMO. Time will tell but I think if the fed continues the rate hikes another 75-100 bp, then we'll see TSLA fall even more.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    Consider it did a couple stock splits, so before the split, it would be around $800-900 right now. That's still too high IMO. Time will tell but I think if the fed continues the rate hikes another 75-100 bp, then we'll see TSLA fall even more.
    Too high based on what? Their forward PE is low 20s and they just posted 40% growth year over year. Their PE is lower than McDonalds.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Too high based on what? Their forward PE is low 20s and they just posted 40% growth year over year. Their PE is lower than McDonalds.
    Forward PE is a forecasting tool, but not a be all end all. Tesla's PE is still significantly higher than the average company in the S&P. Not to mention, Europe and China are cutting subsidies, with China's EV subsidy ending in 2022.

I'm not saying it can't go higher, but I just highly doubt it will be significant IF the fed does more rate hikes.

College star

Anyone buying any index funds or ETFs other than VOO, VTI, QQQ, QQQJ? Looking for a sleeper that will do well long term.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    Forward PE is a forecasting tool, but not a be all end all. Tesla's PE is still significantly higher than the average company in the S&P. Not to mention, Europe and China are cutting subsidies, with China's EV subsidy ending in 2022.

I'm not saying it can't go higher, but I just highly doubt it will be significant IF the fed does more rate hikes.
    You can use trailing PE too. Tesla is low mid 30s as is MCDonalds.

The average company in the S&P isn't growing at 40% yr over year. Tesla posted that growth in spite of historic rate hikes from the Fed, no incentives in the US and Covid shutdowns in China.

College star

You can use trailing PE too. Tesla is low mid 30s as is MCDonalds.

The average company in the S&P isn't growing at 40% yr over year. Tesla posted that growth in spite of historic rate hikes from the Fed, no incentives in the US and Covid shutdowns in China.
    Yea, that is a good point. Time will tell. I'm hoping it goes below $100 to add it to the portfolio long term.

Apple has been really weak lately. Seems like it is dragging the market down. It tried to bounce early today and now at lows of the day.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    I'm buying couple shares at $100. I don't like risky trades tbh, but $100 Tesla can't be passed up.
    What is so magical about the number 100 to you guys?

Tesla can go down to $50 per share and still have a valuation of over $150 billion.

Almost all of their revenues come from car sales. Nobody will be buying expensive teslas In a recession. The demand is already shrinking.

Why is $100 a magical number for you guys? That number is irrelevant.

The stuck was pumped on electic vehicle hype and Musk. Both have lost their muster in a big way.

Tesla is the definition of risky.

College star

Apple has been really weak lately. Seems like it is dragging the market down. It tried to bounce early today and now at lows of the day.
    Who are your favorite TA guys on TradingView?