Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default 2023 Playoff thread baby

All 3 Florida teams made it

. San Francisco 49ers vs. Seattle Seahawks SF -9.5 (-110)
    Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Los Angeles Chargers JAX +1 (-110)
    Buffalo Bills vs. Miami Dolphins BUF -10.5 (-110)
    Minnesota Vikings vs. New York Giants MIN -3 (-110)
    Cincinnati Bengals vs. Baltimore Ravens CIN -6.5 (-110)
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Dallas Cowboys TB +2.5 (-105)

Default Re: 2023 Playoff thread baby

I'll take the Bengals, Chargers, and Bills
    And in the NFC Giants, Cowboys , and 49ers (I think the Seahawks cover the spread though)

Did you ever think we would see the day Tom Brady loses to Dallas in the playoffs? Strange times are here.

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy View Post
    I'll take the Bengals, Chargers, and Bills
    And in the NFC Giants, Cowboys , and 49ers (I think the Seahawks cover the spread though)
    I think Bengals, Bills, and Chargers are good bets to advance in the AFC... but in the NFC I think it will be 9ers, Bucs and Vikings.

Did you ever think we would see the day Tom Brady loses to Dallas in the playoffs? Strange times are here.
    lets not get ahead of ourselves... Dallas has managed to disappoint in every single one of their playoff appearances since the mid 90s, meanwhile Bradys teams have had the most post season success of any player in all of NFL history. If I was a cowboys fan I would not be feeling overly confident about this weekend.

I'm going with Chiefs over Eagles... filled out my bracket... $40 bet.

I'd pick Seattle to cover the -9.5 point spread, that's the only bet I like this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    lets not get ahead of ourselves... Dallas has managed to disappoint in every single one of their playoff appearances since the mid 90s, meanwhile Bradys teams have had the most post season success of any player in all of NFL history. If I was a cowboys fan I would not be feeling overly confident about this weekend.
    The Bucs have been playing like sh** , the Cowboys had a couple bad games. It should be a easy win for them against 45 year old Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy View Post
    The Bucs have been playing like sh** , the Cowboys had a couple bad games. It should be a easy win for them against 45 year old Brady.
    No doubt it "should" be an easy win... but cowboys fans should know by now that being favorites in a playoff matchup doesnt mean your certain to win. Its not like the boys are huge favorites either, the spread is just 2.5... far from a sure thing.

Also keep in mind that the bucs and cowboys already played once this year, was that game an easy win for the boys?
    Last edited by Nanners; 01-12-2023 at 07:54 PM.

Everybody that plays on Tom Brady's team will magically play better in the playoffs simply because Tom Brady is their teammate.

Just because he is Tom Brady... his teammates receive a higher level of inspiration that cannot be measured .... That's how it works with Tom Brady.

This man recently got divorced just so he could keep playing football... ain't no way he's losing a home game in the 1st round.

We are expected to simply go out there and put an end to Tom Brady's career while he's playing at home in the playoffs? It's not that easy.

I'm trying to tell everyone ... the script will not allow for it... The GOAT goes out on top... he will give his fans @ home and his legacy one more victory over America's Team (8-0 against the Boys all-time)... and call it a career after he losses the following week

Need I remind everyone he has played in 10 Super Bowls? Do I need to remind people of that?

I think we will see a big unexpected upset this weekend maybe The Ravens get the W idk. But we will see one, my gut feeling. Not the Jags or Bucs either those would be minor underdogs.

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

Living in Dallas. Been talking with friends, neighbors, coworkers. Everyone says "This Cowboy team is different!". Which is pretty much what they say every year when Dallas is good enough to make the playoffs. I smile and nod and pretend to agree.

I suppose this Dallas team is indeed a little different from most of those other recent "this team is different" cowboy teams that were playoff disappointments... Most of the times that Dallas had made it to the playoffs in the past decade or two they have had a good offense carrying a flawed defense, this year they were successful because have a decent offense being supported by the second best defense in the league (by DVOA).

Relying on defense instead of offense bodes well for the boys chances of success this year... defenses are generally much more predictable and less volatile from game to game, and theres a good reason why they say "defense wins championships".

Also, Dallas has a tendency to shoot themselves in the foot with bad offensive decision/strategy in big games, and when you are overly reliant on your offense making good decisions with the ball is absolutely critical. By riding the defense instead of the offense, the cowboys coaches are less likely to be forced to make difficult strategic decisions (so much of defensive decision making is dictated by the opposing offense).
    Last edited by Nanners; 01-15-2023 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    No doubt it "should" be an easy win... but cowboys fans should know by now that being favorites in a playoff matchup doesnt mean your certain to win. Its not like the boys are huge favorites either, the spread is just 2.5... far from a sure thing.

Also keep in mind that the bucs and cowboys already played once this year, was that game an easy win for the boys?
    Eat a dink, Nanners

Doesnt the fact that the cowboys kicker did everything he possibly could to to lose the game kinda prove my point? Anyway, best of luck against the 9ers in the next round

I rule the local playground