Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default KNOW1EDGE, an American, thinks you can film any person in public for anything, cause

1st amendment...

How can you be this dumb?

Let him have it, boys.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: KNOW1EDGE, an American, thinks you can film any person in public for anything, ca

I think it’s legal in some states but not others. It’s the same as it’s illegal in california to record a phone call with someone without them knowing and consenting to it. Both parties need to know and be okay with it happening. Other states don’t have this and you can record phone calls or videos of people in public without their consent. This doesn’t apply to police though. You are able to record them in public without them agreeing.

A good question would be how this changes if someone is committing a crime. The person committing the crime would obviously not consent, but does it matter?

Default Re: KNOW1EDGE, an American, thinks you can film any person in public for anything, ca

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    I think it’s legal in some states but not others. It’s the same as it’s illegal in california to record a phone call with someone without them knowing and consenting to it. Both parties need to know and be okay with it happening. Other states don’t have this and you can record phone calls or videos of people in public without their consent. This doesn’t apply to police though. You are able to record them in public without them agreeing.

A good question would be how this changes if someone is committing a crime. The person committing the crime would obviously not consent, but does it matter?

KNO1EDGE and bison surey know better than the YouTubers whos life and career revoves around public content making...

he unironically said freedom of press..

i cant.

lets add more to the pile

i was always of the understanding that you can film anything and anybody in public... within reason. if you're obsessively filming a particular person or following them, then it crosses the line into harassment.

so you'd be in trouble for harassment in that case - not the filming itself.

so my point being, as long as a person is in a public place they can't say shit about you filming them unless you're on some creep shit.

obviously a place of expected privacy such as someone's home or backyard would probably be illegal. then again... if you're doing it from the street and a person's blinds are open... i dunno.
    Last edited by diamenz; 01-21-2023 at 10:56 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    i was always of the understanding that you can film anything and anybody in public... within reason. if you're obsessively filming a particular person or following them, then it crosses the line into harassment.

so you'd be in trouble for harassment in that case - not the filming itself.

so my point being, as long as a person is in a public place they can't say shit about you filming them unless you're on some creep shit.

obviously a place of expected privacy such as someone's home or backyard would probably be illegal. then again... if you're doing it from the street and a person's blinds are open... i dunno.
    there are different circumstances for “hidden recording” but supposedly even if you are recording in plain sight you need both parties consent in california at least, unless you are recording the police then they can’t dispute anything.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Hey NoKnowledge, come and try and record me. I will bury that camera further than any dildo you've had shoved in you.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    1st amendment...

How can you be this dumb?

Let him have it, boys.
    I read that thread but didn't want to chime in as it was going back and forth.

The US in some states has way less strict laws regarding public filmings and images. "Persönlichkeitsrechte" and the "Recht am eigenen Bild" as you know it don't exist the way they do in Germany.

Nonetheless it has nothing to do with the first amendment or free press.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    I read that thread but didn't want to chime in as it was going back and forth.

The US in some states has way less strict laws regarding public filmings and images. "Persönlichkeitsrechte" and the "Recht am eigenen Bild" as you know it don't exist the way they do in Germany.

Nonetheless it has nothing to do with the first amendment or free press.

It absolutely doesnt.

Guy is hilarious.

tbf GrayGoat had a coupve drinks

if only the Eric Andre show knew about the first amendment, man....

doesnt the Eric Andre show know about freedom of press?!

The first amendment gives freedom of the press which allows you to film in any public space without permission.

There is no expectation of privacy in public.

If you are this stupid, and then stupid enough to double down and make a post about it before doing any research, I really do worry about the youth of today.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=22TGMbSkT5s

I literally have children in the comment section who don’t know anything about anything trying to tell me I can’t film in public. It’s bizarre

He keeps going!!

Freedom of press, man....

does the Eric Andre show not know freedom of press and the 1st amendment?

you cant be this ****ing dumb dude.

You cant.