Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: You were wrong. Say so.

Not about him in the world of basketball but i used to think kobe was gonna have a son. Reality begged to differ tho..

Objective Rightie ┌∩┐(﹒︠益﹒︡)┌∩┐'s Avatar

I haven't been wrong about anything

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Without qualifiers. Without excuses that make you less wrong. I don’t want your additional context. Just tell us something you said/believed that turned out to be incorrect and own it.

I’ll start.

Im nearly sure I said Kevin Durant was gonna be between Keith Vanhorn and Rashard Lewis.

You go.
    I watched Jason Kidd play in college and was doubtful he would have a good career in the NBA. I was wrong.

I also thought that stephen curry was capable of leading kelly '> klay' oubre jr. to the playoffs. Yet i was wrong.

Banned

I thought the Bulls were going to the conference finals last year.

I thought that Sixers team with horford was going win the title. To make myself feel better, Zach lowe thought the same

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Years ago I emphatically insisted Lebron would not become a 10 time conference champion, a billionaire, the league’s all time leading scorer, and the most universally loved and respected athlete in human history.

I was wrong.
    I threw a chuckle.

In middle school, I genuinely believed that the following players would be perennial all stars in the hall of Fame with multiple titles each:

Tracey McGrady
    Allen Iverson

And I was sure that every single title Duncan won would be his last, and that the rings he did win were flukes.

On draft night, I thought my Bulls made a huge mistake, and should have drafted Michael Beasley instead of Derrick Rose.

I thought Dante Exum would be really damn good.
    Last edited by BarberSchool; 01-23-2023 at 02:18 AM.

National High School Star

In 2009 I thought i was going to be Bron stan in perpetuity

I thought that JR Smith was better than Klay Thompson. Yikes.

Banned

I thought lequeen female dog james was a goat. I was wrong, he just looks like one

I rule the local playground

Player developments always catch me off guard.

For example the players who depend on athleticism don't really stand out until a few seasons into league. It's why 2023 Ja Morant looks like most athletic point guard in NBA history but didn't look half as athletic his rookie season. It's also probably why people were caught off guard by Lebron's greatness.

I thought the Celtics should have kept Delonte West instead of Rondo. I thought Rondo having the ball in his hands so much was not the best path forward for a team with Pierce, Allen, and KG on it. I wanted the ball in those guys' hands instead and thought West would be a tough roleplayer and knock down shooter to complement their stars.

I actually think it's true that those Celtics teams would have been better without Rondo and that he was an overrated point guard in general. There were whole quarters when KG and Ray were nothing more than spot-up shooters, meanwhile everything had to funnel through this ponderous non-shooter who thought he was the most important player on the team.

But obviously the Delonte West part did not age well.

Also: I'm pretty sure I thought both KD and Adam Morrison would become Antawn Jamison in terms of impact. I never saw it coming that KD would be able to handle the ball that well against pros; I thought he was just advanced and going up against physically inferior competition. Turns out he was a top-10 all-timer from almost the moment he stepped foot in the NBA. oh well. :/

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

I was living in San Antonio while Popovich was GM and Bob Hill was head coach. On the day David Robinson returned from injury, Pop fired Hill and named himself head coach. My thoughts at the time were "That's a really spineless move. I bet this clown will be gone by the start of next season."

I thought ISH was better than RealGM.